Guitar players!

• Please log in to reply
1246 replies to this topic

#1 CygnusX-1Bk2

CygnusX-1Bk2

Certified Verbal Ass Kicker

• 3774 posts
  • Interests:Sound Design & Effects for games and picture (my main gig). Music (sometimes more than a hobby, it's paid the bills at times).
    Sound recording, which is also my job.
    Baseball.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:25 AM

What are you playing on these days?

My arsenal currently:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus (AA top, very pretty) in Lightburst finish. Modified: removed stock BurstBucker Pros replaced with Classic 57 Zebras in both neck and bridge, tapped for single coils and phase.
Rickenbacker 360-12 Fireglo finish
Epiphone Les Paul in honeyburst finish, nice flametop. When I met Les himself he confessed to preferring some Epiphones to Gibsons when I showed him some catalogs of both.
Epiphone Sheraton II (Natural finish)
Fender Squire Stratocaster (another well spent $200, when Squire's were decent, same color as my J Bass)
Martin D-1 acoustic
Martin SPD-16R acoustic
Washburn W 240 12 string acoustic (a bargain at $120)

Amps:
Marshall Class 5 combo
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Fender Sidekick 15 open back combo
Fender Sidekick 15R closed back, ported combo
Fender Princeton 112 combo
Electar (Epiphone) Tube 30 combo

FX:
MXR Distortion + (Original issue)
Boss Acoustic Simulator
Ibanez Multi Effects rack unit (analog compressor, phaser, overdrive, Stereo Chorus/Flanger and loop)
Cry Baby Wah (Classic)
DigiTech RP7 digital effects processor
DOD Wah/Volume

*edited for content because this is so old but somebody liked it. :)

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2, 26 October 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Sponsored Post

#2 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33468 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:27 AM

GUITARS

- Fender Strat (American) with a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack single coil humbucker in the bridge position.

- Gibson Les Paul with a Duncan Jeff Beck in the bridge position and a Duncan '59 in the neck position

- Peavey fretless bass (a cheapie...just for fun)

- Fender Mustang (disassembled at the moment)

- 1940-something Gibson L42 (?)

AMPS

Marshall 2x12 50w combo (all tube), Sam Ash 4x10 speaker cabinet

EFFECTS

In the rack...
- Alesis Midiverb 4
- Alesis Microverb 4
- Ross stereo 15-band EQ
- dbx dual noisegate
- Boss Compressor
- Digitech Harmonizer
- MXR Flanger (converted for rack use)

Some old school effects in there, but they work!

#3 D-13

D-13

You can put it in the win column!

• Members *
  • 9349 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

I've been playing for 5 years and one thing to say...guitar makes me happy  smile.gif  

Here this is what I have Yamaha acoustic/electric APX-7A in a fade blue  smile.gif  
And an Electric GIO Ibenez.....it's quite old...but will do

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

MAN I gotta clean the guitars! by the way some jackass in back in grade 9 went into my guitar case...which was locked by 2 locks!  and took it out and played it I guess and scratched the bottom of it really bad!  I didn't catch the guy....but one time I went into the music room and people are playing my guitar! I fliped out....cuz it is a $800 and I could not believe they broke into it!!! I was mad!! and the school board was going to pay for the damage but they never did!!! GRRRRR  mad.gif  

#4 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:05 PM

I have an old Tama Accoustic Guitar that was my dads, which I never play...

#5 Indica

Indica

Resident Left Winger

• Members
  • 13031 posts
  • Interests:Guitar
    My Girlfriend
    Fishing
    Music
    Helping out other people
    Football
    T&A
    Nature

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:10 PM

my gear.

1961 Gibson SG reissue
5 string Ibanez SDGR bass
1960's  Hofner acoustic
70's Odessa acoustic

Roland GP100 guitar prosessor/preamp
Jim dunlop GCB-95 Wah pedal
Trace Elliot GP12-SMX Bass Preamp
50 watt Ampeg tube amp 1/2 stack with 4 vintage 30 celestion drivers
Sun tube bass amp
Peavy backstage plus practice amp

Edited by Indica, 21 September 2004 - 05:21 PM.

#6 Indica

Indica

Resident Left Winger

• Members
  • 13031 posts
  • Interests:Guitar
    My Girlfriend
    Fishing
    Music
    Helping out other people
    Football
    T&A
    Nature

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 17 2004, 07:09 PM)
I've been playing for 5 years and one thing to say...guitar makes me happy  smile.gif 

Here this is what I have Yamaha acoustic/electric APX-7A in a fade blue  smile.gif 
And an Electric GIO Ibenez.....it's quite old...but will do

MAN I gotta clean the guitars! by the way some jackass in back in grade 9 went into my guitar case...which was locked by 2 locks!  and took it out and played it I guess and scratched the bottom of it really bad!  I didn't catch the guy....but one time I went into the music room and people are playing my guitar! I fliped out....cuz it is a $800 and I could not believe they broke into it!!! I was mad!! and the school board was going to pay for the damage but they never did!!! GRRRRR  mad.gif

That reminds me of my first gig ever, it was at a graduation party in 1986. I was a little nervous because I never played in front of a large crowd before. We set everything up on stage and did a sound check. we were going to party for an hour or so with everyone and as it got dark we were going to start playing. This drunk guy walked up without anyone seeing and he grabbed my guitar and started playing it. I heard it so I went to see who was on my guitar and as I walked up he walked until the chord pulled my whole amp over. It messed up my amp head and it wouldnt work. We had 20 minutes until we were going to start playing. The only thing we could do is use the practice amp I had and mic it through the PA. It was a junky peavey amp with 1-8" speaker in it and it didn't have any distortion in it at all.

I had to play Iron maiden, sabbath, dio and motley crew playing with a clean tone. It sounded like pure shit but I finished the gig. People were so drunk that they thought it sounded killer. It was my worse gig ever but at least it was out of the way and it only got better after that.

Edited by Indica, 21 September 2004 - 05:33 PM.

#7 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:24 PM

Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection.  I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player).  I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif  ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC

Edited by LakesideMaiden, 25 September 2004 - 06:28 PM.

#8 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 25 2004, 04:24 PM)
Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection.  I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player).  I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif  ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC

sweet! thats soooo cool that you got yours signed!!!  trink36.gif  

#9 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 25 2004, 07:47 PM)
Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection.  I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player).  I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif  ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC

Thanks and yeah it was smile.gif  I lucked out and got 2 passes to a radio show that they did at the local country station...brought my guitar in, they held it until the end of the show and I walked up to Steve, told him my lifes musical story (after he asked about the guitar of course), he said that's really cool...I started out like that too smile.gif  Then told me good luck, signed my guitar, got my picture taken with him and I was on cloud nine for the rest of the month!

#10 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 25 2004, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 25 2004, 07:47 PM)
Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection.† I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player).† I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif† ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC

Thanks and yeah it was smile.gif  I lucked out and got 2 passes to a radio show that they did at the local country station...brought my guitar in, they held it until the end of the show and I walked up to Steve, told him my lifes musical story (after he asked about the guitar of course), he said that's really cool...I started out like that too smile.gif  Then told me good luck, signed my guitar, got my picture taken with him and I was on cloud nine for the rest of the month!

hahah thats awesome! good stuff!  trink36.gif  

#11 Fendercrazy

Fendercrazy

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Fender guitars, Kawasaki dirt bikes, road and mountain cycling, cooking, and fishing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:45 PM

Hello!  New guy here.  Here's my current guitar line up.  It changes often though.  I have a mid-80's Jackson strat also but it's getting re-finished at the moment.  
Custom Shop Gibson Les Paul
user posted image
1989 Custom Shop Fender HLE Strat
user posted image
92 American Standard Tele
user posted image
Fender 50's RI Strat
user posted image
87 Squire Strat
user posted image
80's ESP Tele
user posted image
My amps are:  Marshall JCM 800 50 watt & JCM 800 4/12 cab, Peavey Classic 50 2/12, Peavey Stereo Chorus 400, and a Peavey Bandit 65.  I have a collection of vintage MXR pedals.  My Main pedal board has a Fulltone FDII, Fulltone Supatrem, Boss CS2, Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and an old Ibanez ADL Analog Delay.   My Backup board has : old Ibanez Super Tube, Boss CS2, old two knob Boss Chorus, Dunlop 535 (old version), Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and another old Ibanez ADL.  

Greg

Edited by Fendercrazy, 29 September 2004 - 01:57 PM.

#12 CygnusX-1Bk2

CygnusX-1Bk2

Certified Verbal Ass Kicker

• 3774 posts
  • Interests:Sound Design & Effects for games and picture (my main gig). Music (sometimes more than a hobby, it's paid the bills at times).
    Sound recording, which is also my job.
    Baseball.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:21 PM

Nice Les Paul Florentine! Very rare! I have never seen one in person but imagine it's got the best of the both worlds.
I, myself, am deeply jealous.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2, 30 September 2004 - 02:01 AM.

#13 Fendercrazy

Fendercrazy

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Fender guitars, Kawasaki dirt bikes, road and mountain cycling, cooking, and fishing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 29 2004, 07:21 PM)
Nice Les Paul Florentine! Very rare! I have never seen one in person but imagine it's got the best of the bost worlds.

Thanks Cygnus.  It is a nice balance between an ES Gibson and a Les Paul.  Unfortunately itís going on eBay soon along with the tri-gold strat.  fists crying.gif  I have some home fixes that need to be done before the snow flies.  Iím going to give the original owner a chance to buy it back though.    trink39.gif      

#14 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33468 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 29 2004, 08:21 PM)
Nice Les Paul Florentine! Very rare! I have never seen one in person but imagine it's got the best of the bost worlds.
I, myself, am deeply jealous.

I agree. Very pretty. I imagine you get some wonderful sustain with that.

#15 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Fendercrazy @ Sep 29 2004, 02:45 PM)
Hello!  New guy here.  Here's my current guitar line up.  It changes often though.  I have a mid-80's Jackson strat also but it's getting re-finished at the moment.  
Custom Shop Gibson Les Paul
user posted image
1989 Custom Shop Fender HLE Strat
user posted image
92 American Standard Tele
user posted image
Fender 50's RI Strat
user posted image
87 Squire Strat
user posted image
80's ESP Tele
user posted image
My amps are:  Marshall JCM 800 50 watt & JCM 800 4/12 cab, Peavey Classic 50 2/12, Peavey Stereo Chorus 400, and a Peavey Bandit 65.  I have a collection of vintage MXR pedals.  My Main pedal board has a Fulltone FDII, Fulltone Supatrem, Boss CS2, Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and an old Ibanez ADL Analog Delay.   My Backup board has : old Ibanez Super Tube, Boss CS2, old two knob Boss Chorus, Dunlop 535 (old version), Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and another old Ibanez ADL.  

Greg

Firstly Fendercrazy, welcome welcome smile.gif  Secondly *THUD* (lakeside faints) drool....verreh nice collection you got there smile.gif  I for one love Fender's myself, they are second only to Gibsons in my book smile.gif

#16 Rhiannon_of_Rivendell

Rhiannon_of_Rivendell

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hockey, Horses, Wildlife, Photography, Graphic Design; and teaching love and respect for Gaia and all her creatures.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 30 2004, 12:43 AM)
Firstly Fendercrazy, welcome welcome smile.gif  Secondly *THUD* (lakeside faints) drool....verreh nice collection you got there smile.gif  I for one love Fender's myself, they are second only to Gibsons in my book smile.gif

You'll have to excuse my sister, she's developed a problem with gravity lately (((grin)))

I must concur with her, ALL of these photos are a delight to a guitarist's eyes.
Being a Gibson Gal myself, (with an appreciation for ANY good instrument) that LP is SWEET!

Sister-Mine, should I post some of the Dad & his Maplecaster?

#17 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Sep 30 2004, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 30 2004, 12:43 AM)
Firstly Fendercrazy, welcome welcome smile.gif† Secondly *THUD* (lakeside faints) drool....verreh nice collection you got there smile.gif† I for one love Fender's myself, they are second only to Gibsons in my book smile.gif

You'll have to excuse my sister, she's developed a problem with gravity lately (((grin)))

I must concur with her, ALL of these photos are a delight to a guitarist's eyes.
Being a Gibson Gal myself, (with an appreciation for ANY good instrument) that LP is <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>SWEET!

</span>

oh yes, post mine and daddy's guitter smile.gif  we made it ourselves smile.gif  I luv that guitar like it was me own!

#18 Rhiannon_of_Rivendell

Rhiannon_of_Rivendell

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hockey, Horses, Wildlife, Photography, Graphic Design; and teaching love and respect for Gaia and all her creatures.

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 30 2004, 11:09 PM)
<snip>

oh yes, post mine and daddy's guitter smile.gif  we made it ourselves smile.gif  I luv that guitar like it was me own!

OK, when I get back to school Monday, I will try & locate and make web-friendly some shots of the Maplecaster, Disastercaster & MY baby, the 175  smile.gif

#19 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Oct 3 2004, 01:28 AM)
<snip>

OK, when I get back to school Monday, I will try & locate and make web-friendly some shots of the Maplecaster, Disastercaster & MY baby, the 175  smile.gif

applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif
applaudit.gif bumper.gif  applaudit.gif
applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif applaudit.gif  

Edited by LakesideMaiden, 03 October 2004 - 02:40 AM.

#20 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33468 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Oct 3 2004, 01:28 AM)
<snip>

In really need to see what a Disastercaster looks like... ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users