American Idol

PanaceaFish

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Feb 8 2009, 09:12 PM)
Does anyone have a problem with the new female judge on the show, Kara Dioguardi? I think some of the chemistry is lost with her addition. But, maybe I am just bias towards 3-piece acts! 2.gif

i dont like her, she's trying to hard. I dont know if its just "new kid" syndrome, but i just dont like her attitude.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Feb 9 2009, 06:15 PM)
Does anyone have a problem with the new female judge on the show, Kara Dioguardi? I think some of the chemistry is lost with her addition. But, maybe I am just bias towards 3-piece acts!  2.gif

i dont like her, she's trying to hard. I dont know if its just "new kid" syndrome, but i just dont like her attitude.

yeah im not diggin her at all. she adds nothing.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 9 2009, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Feb 9 2009, 06:15 PM)
Does anyone have a problem with the new female judge on the show, Kara Dioguardi? I think some of the chemistry is lost with her addition. But, maybe I am just bias towards 3-piece acts!  2.gif

yeah im not diggin her at all. she adds nothing.

Yeah, I can't seem to get used to her either, although I did like how she took an instant disliking to that bikini wearing skank who thought she was all that, when she really wasn't...

Watched part of an audition, don't plan on watching another one. smile.gif

We have a local guy competing on the show. I can't remember his name but he's from Chapel Hill, NC. I think he's Indian.

edit: his name I believe is Anoop. (or something like that)

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jan 29 2009, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jan 29 2009, 10:00 PM)
I personally like the show. It is refreshing to see talented people win competitions. There is so much useless crap out there - I guess I just like to see a show where the public decides who wins rather than some big-money executive promoting someone.

Yeah, I hear that...But sometimes, the public don't know talent if it bit em in the butt...A good example was last season's AI when that little punk ass Archuletta kept getting voted for (when there were far more talented peeps competeing along with him), cos you know that it's those tween girls who think he's hot shite, but man, I couldn't stand him! 062802puke_prv.gif

And funnily enough, he only made second place, lol...

Sorry PF, he may be a punk ass, and yes he got alot of the teeny bopper vote, but Davy Boy can sing. His rendition of "Imagine" was top notch.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Feb 8 2009, 05:11 AM)
I watch it every once in a while. My wife watches it every time it's on.

It was fun watching AI last year because I knew one of the Hollywood-bound singers - Drew Poppelreiter, the farm boy who would sing while riding in his tractor. The field where AI filmed Drew's breakout segment (shown before his audition) is five miles from my home.

This year, my wife and I are pulling for Jasmine Murray, the 16-year-old girl from the city where our fellow TRF'er Skyswing lives - Starkville, Mississippi. I've seen her perform at a beauty pageant, and she is one talented person.

Nerves got the best of Miss Murray tonight. She sounded terrible.

As did several other contestants, ie., the black guy who tried to sing Michael Jackson.

And the worst performance may have been the girl who tried to sing the Police's "Every little thing she does is Magic" (Simon was right when he said he was surprised someone didn't stop her from doing that song.)

Anoop "Dog" did well; he'll be back.

So did the short girl in the white dress. She reminds me a little of Pat Benatar.

Also the flaky Porto Rican girl hit some nice notes.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Feb 17 2009, 10:47 PM)
Tatiana was such a phony!!!

"oh no...i'm not like that! I'm much more sophisticated...blah blah blah" Dammit though, her voice is good! (song choice not so much)

I voted for Danny!

What song did he sing?

QUOTE (Inthend @ Feb 18 2009, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Feb 17 2009, 10:47 PM)
Tatiana was such a phony!!!

"oh no...i'm not like that!  I'm much more sophisticated...blah blah blah"  Dammit though, her voice is good!  (song choice not so much)

I voted for Danny!

What song did he sing?

Is Danny the recent widower? I thought he was spot on with his rendition of Hero

brought tears to my eyes...

I can't get past the feeling the none of the contestants this season seem better than a cruise ship act. While I thought some of them were good... none of them struck me as 'record contract' good. Not even close. I hope it gets better.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 18 2009, 06:50 AM)
I can't get past the feeling the none of the contestants this season seem better than a cruise ship act. While I thought some of them were good... none of them struck me as 'record contract' good. Not even close. I hope it gets better.

I couldn't have said it better myself...

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 18 2009, 08:45 AM)
It could be that the show is just becoming old and the novelty of it all is wearing off.

Not at all, CT. Being moved by a truly talented person never gets old. That's what I look for when I watch Idol, and every year it's happened for me. I'm just not sure yet who that person will be this year.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 18 2009, 08:49 AM)
It could be that the show is just becoming old and the novelty of it all is wearing off.

Not at all, CT. Being moved by a truly talented person never gets old. That's what I look for when I watch Idol, and every year it's happened for me. I'm just not sure yet who that person will be this year.

Maybe Anoop will win then. I haven't heard him, but he has a fan base at home.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 18 2009, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 18 2009, 08:49 AM)

Maybe Anoop will win then. I haven't heard him, but he has a fan base at home.

Well I gotta be honest, he didn't impress me. But I don't vote, either. Never have. So my opinion has zero impact. laugh.gif

Danny was great ! I hope he goes far.

Alexis was solid.

Tatiana is a drama whore. She needs to take her act somewhere else !

Does anyone ever wonder what Simon and the rest would say if someone like Ozzy was on AI? Or Robert Plant, or even Geddy?

I have been watching it this season as well because my wife likes it and I think there is much more to making music than your voice. It's still entertaining to watch.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 18 2009, 04:10 PM)
Ricky whats his name was pretty solid

Yes - now that they are showing who's who again... he was my favorite of the night.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 18 2009, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 18 2009, 04:10 PM)
Ricky whats his name was pretty solid

Yes - now that they are showing who's who again... he was my favorite of the night.

and... he's going home.