All The World's A Stage

troutman

Ok all, On the album "All the world's a stage", what do you here that stands out the most from the crowd?? I know, that's easy!!! I can still remember listening to the album back in 1977 as I was getting ready to go out and party!! I was the first of my friends to notice it, couldn't wait to have them here it we would play it over and over. Back then it was a big deal maybe not now. Listen verrrrrry carefully. I have alway's wondered... if the guy who yells it out relalizes it was captured on tape and tells his friends "hey that was me" 653.gif Oh, and what does Geddy say on the song "IN THE END" besides singing???

troutman & Matty the Beagle bekloppt.gif By the way this album came out yrs. ago on CD without the song "what your doing" on it, space restrictions I guess . So if you have an old copy you might want too buy a new one!! it has all the original recording on it. Cheers, Matty rofl3.gif

2.gif trink39.gif

P.S. What a "great album" must have played it thousands of times, no lie maybe more if my Mom hadn't kept telling me to turn that Sh** OFF !!! wacko.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok Apollo, your getting warm!! by the way, that is my "FAVORITE" rendition of 2112!!! This album is soooooooooo coooooooool. The electricity is amazing!!! I can still remember arguing with so many people that this band will be great and will be around for along time. I heard all the negative SH** . But stuck to MY GUNS and now I laugh at all the people who still can't except that RUSH is one of the greatest bands of all time!!! When will they accept it!!!!!!!! 2.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 5 2005, 12:33 AM)
Ok Apollo, your getting warm!!  by the way, that is my "FAVORITE" rendition of 2112!!! This album is soooooooooo coooooooool. The electricity is amazing!!! I can still remember arguing with so many people that this band will be great and will be around for along time. I heard all the negative SH** . But stuck to MY GUNS and now I laugh at all the people who still can't except that RUSH is one of the greatest bands of all time!!!  When will they accept it!!!!!!!!  2.gif

I wish I could play you the sound clip I have from an Alex interview when he was quoting the early critics as saying "Rush will never amount to anything. They're not the kind of band who are going to sell a lot of records, or be around for very long."

19.gif Stooopid critics

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 5 2005, 12:49 AM)
Hey pagonoman, that's great!!! Tipical Lifeson Response. Just be humble and we will see "WHO'S ROKIN LAST" !! No "fly by nights here. trink39.gif

trink39.gif

I keep the sound clip mixed in with my rush tunes. It's awesome to have it radomly blare out Alex's quote, and then immediately afterward a kick ass Rush tune follows. You can't beat it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 4 2005, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 5 2005, 12:49 AM)
Hey pagonoman, that's great!!! Tipical Lifeson Response. Just be humble and we will see "WHO'S ROKIN LAST" !!  No "fly by nights here.  trink39.gif

trink39.gif

I keep the sound clip mixed in with my rush tunes. It's awesome to have it radomly blare out Alex's quote, and then immediately afterward a kick ass Rush tune follows. You can't beat it. laugh.gif

Endlessly rocking!!!!! 1022.gif

What sticks out for me is at the end of Lakeside Park when all the music stops and Alex is playing a couple notes that end up going into 2112. The notes starts echoing and Neil is playing with the wind chimes as a couple people yell something out that stands out above the music then Geddy says "We'd like to do for you side one from our latest album, this is called 2112" ..........

Frickin awesome, I used to listen to that part over and over.

i have to say that "In The End" is my favorite track off this album.....

simply amazing....

Sorry RushGuru, I havn't heard that I will listen for it. At first I thought ok someone will respond with the answer pretty soon. But going on two days now when I see a reply it's like "will this be the correct answer"!! alot more exciting. rofl3.gif

troutman biggrin.gif

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Feb 6 2005, 12:14 PM)
Are you talking about when the fan screams "Nighthawk!" during Bastille day?

Legend has it that the person screaming "NightHawk" is none other than comedian Mike Myers. He was screaming the name of the band his brother was in.

Could somebody please reveal the rest of the puzzle, as it's driving me crazy? I can't find the rest of the answer, and I must admit, I'm somewhat embarassed considering I've been a fan for almost 30 years, and still listen to ATWAS. wacko.gif

Archived