What tour moment turns you into a Rush Zombie?

Schro

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 07:12 PM)
I always go absolutely batshit when they segue into Temples of Syrinx. Fist pumping, head banging, foot stomping, screaming the lyrics at the to of my lungs. OK, maybe that's not a "zombie" state but it does turn me into a "Rush lunatic" laugh.gif

Well, going batshit is a new one... I may have to try that. Or should I say batrice??? laugh.gif Each of my favorite songs have a special moment to me, and I meditate, I take a short mental vacation... sometimes I forget to come back!!! laugh.gif Just kidding, but I know what you mean about zoning, and forgetting where you are for a while. I think its good for a person to do that, you come back refreshed, and recharged for sure!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

Whenever 'Cygnus: The Bringer of Balance' comes on my CD player at school, a friend of mine has to throw cards at my head to get me out of a daze

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 19 2005, 01:11 AM)
I remember during the VT tour, my first show seeing them, I was so excited through the whole thing that every single song mezmerized me. There literally wasnt a single song that I had the opportunity to come down from, each one was like a wrecking ball to the face. I have to say, a lot of that credit is due to not reading a setlist before hand too.

Good point there Moon. I don't like to know what they are playing before hand. It ruins the show for me. When you are not expecting a song and all of the sudden they start playing it, it's an amazing feeling. yes.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 19 2005, 03:52 PM)
I remember during the VT tour, my first show seeing them, I was so excited through the whole thing that every single song mezmerized me.  There literally wasnt a single song that I had the opportunity to come down from, each one was like a wrecking ball to the face.  I have to say, a lot of that credit is due to not reading a setlist before hand too.

Good point there Moon. I don't like to know what they are playing before hand. It ruins the show for me. When you are not expecting a song and all of the sudden they start playing it, it's an amazing feeling. yes.gif

That feeling definatly swept me over for nearly EVERY song on the VT tour, and the one that really got me on R30 was Between the Wheels. Never in a million years would I have expected to hear that one.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 19 2005, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 19 2005, 03:52 PM)
I remember during the VT tour, my first show seeing them, I was so excited through the whole thing that every single song mezmerized me. There literally wasnt a single song that I had the opportunity to come down from, each one was like a wrecking ball to the face. I have to say, a lot of that credit is due to not reading a setlist before hand too.

That feeling definatly swept me over for nearly EVERY song on the VT tour, and the one that really got me on R30 was Between the Wheels. Never in a million years would I have expected to hear that one.

Same for me. What a mindblowing experience that was...

Two one one two really was something. I was just another voice in the crowd, powerless and mesmerized as the gods played on.

At the R30 show in Toronto...I can recall a few fat ones being launched during XANADU (and one of em was by ME) cool10.gif cool10.gif

Ahhhhh...just the feeling your Body, Mind and Soul (and a few other places as well) have when you see Rush perform.. its a Great Experience from the minute you walk into the venue, til weeks, even months after it is over.

2.gif RULES 4 EVER!!

When I first heard Vital Signs live. I did not know whether to applaud, laugh at my most incredible fortune, or cry. In short, I was zombified laugh.gif and so happy that I was.

QUOTE (Schro @ Jan 18 2005, 06:00 PM)
I was browsing through the Best Instrumental thread (great thread btw!), and felt comfort that so many talked about how La Villa affected them so much. I feel the same way.

It got me to thinking about some concert moments. I've been to about 9 concerts over the years, which I admit is not many by some standards.

But there's always one moment that stands out to me. It's when they play La Villa (and thank god they usually do, even if shortened). There's a moment when the song gets quiet and Alex comes in with his guitar solo (you know the one).

I don't know what it is, but it's that solo that sticks in my head and sums up my experience when I remember the concerts I've been to. It moves me so much, it's hard to describe. It's like time slows down. Alex, Geddy, and Neil are in slow motion. I forget who I came with. I forget about my current station in life. The noise of the crowd disappears. Whereas just a moment ago I was screaming, now I can't speak. Every ounce of my being is feeling the notes being played. I go into a sort of Rush-like coma for the rest of the song and am only snapped out of it at the end of the song when the crowd starts cheering again.

Does anyone else have songs or moments in concert(s) like this that seem to transcend time and put you into a Rush Zombie state? Do Tell!!

I kind of felt the same about the guys playing Resist on the R30 tour (I was at NEC Birmingham 2nd Gig). I liked the way Alex and Geddy was projected onto the big screen - very much like a hologram. The song blows me away (the Acoustic version is so much more meaningful than the Studio version).

Alot of younger RUSH fans didn't get to experience this, since they don't do it anymore, but way back years ago in the late 70's, the moment that would get me was when I'd hear the synth intro to Xanadu begin. The entire stage would fill up with dry ice coming up to their knees and through the dim lights and smoke you could faintly see Alex and Geddy with their doublenecks. It was the long intro as heard on ESL. The arena would light up with fan's lighters. Amazing stuff.

The closing of "Mission" on the HYF tour (as can be seen on Show of Hands) with that phenomenal guitar playing by Alex and watching the three spheres ignite and then forming the image of the album cover.

Firstly, it's Earthshine. Whenever they move into the part where Geddy sings "Its circle shows in a ghostly glow of earthly luminescense..." During that time, Neil moves from 16ths on the hi-hat to half-open quarter notes, and it makes the music SWELL and I can just see that rare earthshine blazing forth in shimmering glory. The music soars like a falcon and that part just lifts me up so high, and Geddy sings it and especially when Alex backs it up on the last verse, that just is so captivating to me, I can't even describe it.

Secondly, the first time I ever saw One Little Victory on Rush In Rio. The whole dragon video was so cool, and then he rears back and roars that fire which is when the pyro bursts out on the stage and Neil pounds away on the intro. Seeing that for the first time ever, hearing it through high quality speakers, the effect and by golly the message was enough to make me scream. All through my head... the first words were "Welcome back Neil, welcome back."

2.gif

Archived