How did 2004 treat you?

barney_rebel

Discuss.

For me, career-wise - didn't move ahead at all until the very last quarter. I'm still trying to find my place in the huge company after being bought out 2 years ago. I didn't learn much last year except company practices (and there are a lot of them). On paper, I did "very well", which is all that matters I guess.

Health-wise, I was probably in the best physical shape of my life by around November. I managed to drop about 10lbs just before the Toronto Marathon like I hoped for. I was going to bulk back up the next few months, but that's gone down the shidder since work got busy and my desire for good food kicked in again...

I got a lot of toys in 2004 - new bass, my first digital camera, new flat panel, MP3 player, DVD Burner, tonnes of music/boots, got to see Rush, hang with cool Rush peeps, a cool vacation out east and parts of New England. Never got to go snowboarding once in 2004 though sad.gif.. first time for that ever.

Financially I did quite well. Work rewarded me well based on last year's performance. My wife got promoted a few times... the stock market did quite well. All I can say is it's been the best year for that since may be around end of 1999.

Let's here your story smile.gif

Loved it

R30 Tour

Always at the Beach whenever i can

A Speeding ticket when trying to get to the beach

Christmas

TRF

Going to Church on Sundays

Not brilliant:

Good: Work, plenty of it and lots of overtime too...

R30: seeing the guys at NEC Birmingham in September

Bad: Split from my partner of 7 years nearly. Very stressful.

2005 WILL be better - I AM going to Rushcon 5

In some ways its already good: I have managed to track down my Auntie in Ontario who I'd lost contact with. I had an email from her today. biggrin.gif

2004 was good and bad for me... I had cancer, but its gone now.

It made me realise that I am missing out on a bunch of things, so really it was a blessing in disguise. I found TRF. biggrin.gif On July 3, I met someone so cool and wonderful, my best freind. In September, I became friends with Barn, that was life changing too. I realised that I needed to take my life over again, and its been wonderful... But the last year and a half, has been the most rough of my life, many family deaths, and health crisis... I hope 2005 will turn around, but its what I make it really, and I hope to make it great! biggrin.gif

It was a good year...

I wasn't really sick this year....well i'mnever really sick at all....**knocks on wood**

I made my Rush collection a hell of a lot bigger! I got 10 new ones this year biggrin.gif so now I have 11...still gotta get more

Snowboarding wise...well last year I came 6th in provincials which is not bad for a first comp. However this season right now...sucks...there is no snow...COP is ice and it's always flat light!!!!!! ARG but I did get a new setup....new board, boots, goggles, jacket and pants! weeeeee lol

Family is a bit crazy but whats new with that?

I FOUND TRF!!!! WOOT!

I got a new drumset and the 1st paragon cymbal!!!

The guy at the bike store told me I could trade in my old Kona Bike for a new 2004....with an extra $100!!! that was cool...thanks dood from Bow cycle!

Bad news....I have 15 days to do BIO 30 for my diploma....yikes! oh the joy of school....thank god it's over this year! biggrin.gif

2004 has been a mixed year for me.

On the good side, I've seen my two children grow more polite and well behaved and remain two happy and contented individuals.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting for my mother to be admitted into hospital for a major operation.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and the rest of 2005 can run smoothly.

2004...hmm..

Bad...

lots o' nasty health probs, nothing I can't beat

Bought new house with boyfriend, came home to bust said boyfriend in flagrante delecto with other woman

moved out of said new house

started smoking again

hate job

Good...

guitar lessons

quit smoking

srarted smoking again (it's a love/hate thing)

saw Rush in Toronto

got new boyfriend

truck paid off

still breathing

I figure the only way this is gonna be a bad year is if someone throws me a shovel, points a gun to my head and says "dig"...

No Worries, I've taken the precaution of insulating myself with layers and layers of alcohol....

Are you NUTS!!!!! I SMOKE!!!!!

Tonight on CNN...An apparent case of SHC has firefighters baffled in the midwest, more at 10.....

Archived