Rush conversations,

Alsgalpal

I won't have Barney out-do me... laugh.gif

I'm between the wheels as I run my marathon, a prime mover on a mission between sun and moon. I leave behind a vapour trail as half the world watches me don my kid gloves, full of bravado. Oh, look at the time, 21:12, it time to watch the film show, don't tell me its Jacobs Ladder

biggrin.gif

More flowers AGP rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

GEDDY: I can't believe you talked me into playing golf here again. You know I'd rather play Rivendell Country Club.

ALEX: I don't like playing any of those courses in the valley.

GEDDY: What are the green's fees here?

ALEX: Seventy-five for eighteen holes without a cart, but since there seems to be no one at the bridge leading to the first hole, I say we "elude the eyes" and sneak on!

GEDDY: Hmmm...How can we resist? Let's go!

(Geddy and Alex arrive at the first tee.)

GEDDY: You gonna use your "best big stick" there, Big Al?

ALEX: Nah, the driver's staying in the bag. I'm gonna just stick it out there with a 3-wood. (Alex hits the ball and screams a drive right down the middle of the fairway.)

GEDDY: Good hit...that left a vapor trail.

ALEX: I'm on a mission to break eighty today. Come hell or high water!

GEDDY: (Hits his ball, which slices into the woods.) F**k!!! Did you see where that went?

ALEX: Well, it went in the trees to the right over there. You'll find it. (They both walk towards their balls.)

GEDDY: Man, I really should take some lessons.

ALEX: Yeah, you need to get your game to the point where the swing motion becomes second nature to you.

GEDDY: (Still looking for his ball.) ...Still don't see it...

ALEX: You're always losing it. Look, it went beneath that big maple branch, between those two oaks, and behind that shrubbery.

GEDDY: ...Got it, got it...Damn, I don't have a ghost of a chance of making a shot through these trees.

ALEX: Under the circumstances, you might wanna "play it safe" and just punch it out to the side here.

GEDDY: I'll do the best I can--ground's hard as a rock here. (Geddy shanks it and the ball caroms off another tree.)

ALEX: (laughing) That's "not the way the big boys play!"

GEDDY: Shut up! You didact!

ALEX: Narpet!!

GEDDY: (Hits another shot, this time the ball escapes the trees and finds the fairway.) Neil still hasn't told us what those two words mean...

ALEX: ...Nope.

(Geddy and Alex finish out the first hole.)

ALEX: I got a four--a par. You?

GEDDY: (Calculating in his head.) I got a snow dog.

ALEX: You mean an eight? That's a snowman.

GEDDY: Whatever...bad hole.

ALEX: Forget about it. Turn the page and move on to the next one.

(Geddy and Alex finish seventeen holes and are waiting to tee off on the par-three eighteenth. Geddy is searching for something in his golf bag.)

GEDDY: Hey, where's my thing?

ALEX: What thing?

GEDDY: My thing to clean the mud out of my spikes. (Reaches in Alex's golf bag and pulls out Alex's spike tool.)

ALEX: Hey! Leave that thing alone! Last time you used it you left goose crap all in it!

GEDDY: (Looks up at sky.) We're losing available light. Hope we get this last hole in.

ALEX: (Looking at the score card.) Well, I got a 78 with one hole to play. I need a hole-in-one to break 80. I'm feelin' it! My vital signs are good, the chemistry is there...

GEDDY: "Show me, don't tell me." What is the weapon of choice there?

ALEX: A six-iron... (Mimicking Bill Murray in Caddyshack.) Cinderella man, steps up to the ball... (Alex hits the ball.) ...crowd's going wild... (The ball lands on the green, takes two bounces, and drops in the hole.) ...IT'S IN THE HOLE!!! IT'S IN THE HOLE!!!

GEDDY: OH, SWEET MIRACLE!!! (High-fives with Alex.)

ALEX: Presto!!!

(They both walk up to the green and Alex takes his ball out of the hole.)

ALEX: Well, I'm in the mood for a beer--I'm buyin'! Let's check out that new place "La Villa Strangiato," near Lakeside Park.

GEDDY: Sure, you bet!

ALEX: ...Your life?

GEDDY: (snickers) Can't we do anything without mentioning Rush?

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 6 2004, 04:40 PM)
I won't have Barney out-do me... laugh.gif

I'm between the wheels as I run my marathon, a prime mover on a mission between sun and moon. I leave behind a vapour trail as half the world watches me don my kid gloves, full of bravado. Oh, look at the time, 21:12, it time to watch the film show, don't tell me its Jacobs Ladder
biggrin.gif
More flowers AGP rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

Yo yo Ricky Rob let me spit out this rhyme,

No Ghost of a Chance you'll out do me,

Big Money is what you're after so sue me,

Marathon I'll be chasin' so you better be runnin'

Hold Your Fire and I'll be gunnin'

Presto - BAM I'll cast you off,

With a Countdown I'll blast you off,

Between the Sun and the moon you'll see Earthsine,

From space you'll see us wine-and-dine,

See I am lyrical

AGP is my Sweet Miracle

Don't mess with us we're Counterparts,

AGP I'll move Closer to Your Heart

Peace.

Drops tha mic..

Third page???? sad.gif Wow... Now I have to get creative... Not had coffee yet... Gonna be hard... unsure.gif

High Water is coming, I have Turned the Page. I have Open Secrets, and feeling Bravado. I have to Face Up, and go with the Big Wheel. I sometimes feel that I don't have a Ghost of a Chance and feel Neurotica. I also like Erotica.... biggrin.gif So lets Roll the Bones, and You Bet Your Life. Put on my War Paint, and Show, Don't Tell. I am going thru the Pass, but wont come away with out Scars. I read the Anagrams (for Madra) and Presto!!!! I am a Superconductor again!!! laugh.gif

The things that last, and the things that come apart... And the stars look down... All around the dull gray world, a little girl hide shaken, I felt the shadow cross my heart.

Sometimes I wish I could make time stand still, because lately my circumstances have taught me many lessons about how fast life goes. It is just second nature though to keep doing what you're doing, no matter how far into the twilight zone you've gone. And now I'm standing at the crossroads of life, feeling like I've just ran a marathon and barely made it out. As for my life, well I was close to losing it, and have scars to remind me. Now I know you can't get something for nothing, and that's just how it is. In the end we all learn to appreciate the sweet miracle that life is. smile.gif

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 5 2006, 02:19 PM)
Sometimes I wish I could make time stand still, because lately my circumstances have taught me many lessons about how fast life goes. It is just second nature though to keep doing what you're doing, no matter how far into the twilight zone you've gone. And now I'm standing at the crossroads of life, feeling like I've just ran a marathon and barely made it out. As for my life, well I was close to losing it, and have scars to remind me. Now I know you can't get something for nothing, and that's just how it is. In the end we all learn to appreciate the sweet miracle that life is. smile.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 5 2006, 02:19 PM)
Sometimes I wish I could make time stand still, because lately my circumstances have taught me many lessons about how fast life goes. It is just second nature though to keep doing what you're doing, no matter how far into the twilight zone you've gone. And now I'm standing at the crossroads of life, feeling like I've just ran a marathon and barely made it out. As for my life, well I was close to losing it, and have scars to remind me. Now I know you can't get something for nothing, and that's just how it is. In the end we all learn to appreciate the sweet miracle that life is. 

Thank you kindly tongue.gif

Archived