Introducing myself

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ILuvMyDrummer

ILuvMyDrummer

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, listening to music (Rush, duh), Taekwondo (brown belt, about 7 or 8 months away from Black belt, woohoo!), other favorite bands: Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Dream Theater, Def Leppard, Cheap Trick. I love playing my drums, it's what I do all the time unless I'm at work, in which case I'm setting up drums or selling drums or something, because I work at a music store. My best friends are Rachel and Jason, Rachel's in college far far away now, and Jason can play Niel stuff on the drums and it's just insane and not fair. I love going to concerts and I love people and making friends, I like to be sociable. Alright, enough about me already.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:57 AM

Hey guys, whats up?  I just joined and I want to introduce myself to all of you in the Rush Sisterhood.  My name is Jet, I'm 17 (almost 18) and I'm from So. California.  A long time ago I didn't used to like Rush, because I wouldn't give it a chance and I was a closed-minded little kid, but I work with some people who love Rush, and my best friend is a huge Rush fan, so I kinda got forced to listen to it, fortunatly.  I got to where I love it!  1022.gif  What was I thinking before??  Also, my friends band plays a  medley of The Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer, and oh man, it's soo cool, they totally rock, they helped me get into Rush too.
     I am a drummer, so Niel is like my hero NeilFinal.gif I'm in a band called Crash (our website is www.CrashRock.com <---our old site is up right now, hasnt been updated in ages, we're having trouble with hosting and stuff so the current one will be up soon).  We don't do any Rush songs, we arent that good.  Well alright, I'll quit talking now, talk to ya guys later ROCK N ROLL  1022.gif
                Jet

Edited by ILuvMyDrummer, 14 November 2004 - 06:07 PM.

Sponsored Post

#2 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:58 AM

Welcome, Jet!  Great to have you.

Check out our Sisterhood banner thread...if you like it, feel free to use it in your sig.

smile.gif  Let me know if there's anything you need.

GG

#3 D-13

D-13

You can put it in the win column!

• Members *
  • 9349 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:12 PM

Welcome! I'm 17 as well and I play the drums too.....hey at least you guys have gigs and stuff.....my band ain't getting anywhere these days.  Be sure to go to the music section and post your kit in the drummers kit section, if you have any pics....you can find mine there.  RUSH ON!  trink36.gif      

#4 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts
  • Interests:Football, Ice Hockey, Fantasy Sports Leagues, Astronomy, Films, Photography, Travel.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:42 PM

Welcome bekloppt.gif ...I'm fairly new, but I'm on here at least once a day...very topical and interesting stuff....you even learn something too. Fab site new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I like ladies who can play musical instruments. wub.gif not enough of them around.

#5 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8219 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:25 PM

bekloppt.gif

NeilFinal.gif  

#6 Drumnut

Drumnut

Bill Gates

• Members *
  • 18341 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:23 PM

Welcome Jet! trink39.gif  

#7 esmeralda

esmeralda

Cinderella in wooden shoes

• Members
  • 4315 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

Hey Jet, welcome here!

#8 ladirushfan80

ladirushfan80

Dawn's Early Light

• Members
  • 12338 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with friends and family. Spirituality. Music. Getting out in the world and trying to appreciate and make the most out of each and every day. Always a work in progress...

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:40 AM

user posted image

#9 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:31 AM

bekloppt.gif Welcome to The Forum Jet!!  Glad to have another Female Musician here!  Totally kewl!  laugh.gif

#10 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:44 PM

Welcome Jet! You'll like it here, I'm sure.  

#11 Sodoff Baldrick

Sodoff Baldrick

She rides a pitch black steed...

• Members *
  • 2207 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:21 PM

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

#12 Chasartymac

Chasartymac

NPG's Counterpart

• Members *
  • 2237 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:00 PM

user posted image

Watcha.

#13 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:11 AM

Welcome aboard Jet!  always room for another lady Rush fan!  I'm also getting more and more impressed that the young ones are  2.gif ing on!!! 1022.gif  biggrin.gif  

#14 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts
  • Interests:Football, Ice Hockey, Fantasy Sports Leagues, Astronomy, Films, Photography, Travel.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:35 AM

ILuvMyDrummer, are you aware of This DVD?

I just stumbled on it - its available from Amazon

#15 neilpeart_gal

neilpeart_gal

Chas' Counterpart

• Members *
  • 3270 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:45 AM

Better late than never, so HELLO!!!!!!!!!  smile.gif bekloppt.gif

#16 xanadu66

xanadu66

The Seeker

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:10 AM

Hi Jet  bekloppt.gif    
   Quite the Rockin' band you've got there!!   You've got to meet some AMAZING people.  Very Impressive!   new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#17 ILuvMyDrummer

ILuvMyDrummer

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, listening to music (Rush, duh), Taekwondo (brown belt, about 7 or 8 months away from Black belt, woohoo!), other favorite bands: Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Dream Theater, Def Leppard, Cheap Trick. I love playing my drums, it's what I do all the time unless I'm at work, in which case I'm setting up drums or selling drums or something, because I work at a music store. My best friends are Rachel and Jason, Rachel's in college far far away now, and Jason can play Niel stuff on the drums and it's just insane and not fair. I love going to concerts and I love people and making friends, I like to be sociable. Alright, enough about me already.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:18 AM

Hey everyone!!  biggrin.gif

RickyRob - Whoaaa, awesome, no, I dont think I've ever seen that before (and i work in a music store, sad)  Do you know where I can get it, looks like something I definitly NEED! NeilFinal.gif

Xanadu66 - Thanks for the compliment, wow, if a Rush fan thinks we're good, then that's a great compliment....thanks!  1022.gif

#18 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:25 AM

I got it up on www.amazon.co.uk so if you are in the states/canada, try www.amazon.com

#19 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:27 AM

...in fact it was from www.amazon.com
biggrin.gif  trink39.gif  

#20 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:04 PM

Heya Jet (like the McCartney song?).  Great to see more Rush fans joining up here.  Im 20 and a bass player from SF, so if you ever are in town and your bass player gets lost, I can help you out wink.gif  Welcome aboard  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users