Meeting the Boys...

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 26 2004, 01:43 PM)
biggrin.gif Would love to live vicariously thru you!!! Tell us a stowy.... biggrin.gif

*plops herself down in front of the story teller, wide eyed, listening intently*

huh.gif applaudit.gif

A lot here have met them thru Meet & Greets (I got 0 this tour sad.gif ) - Vaportours had several this tour, Haz I think has had 'em, etc etc - C'mon guys! Tell her!

FYI Neil does not attend the M&G's anymore.

Also, Rushfreak here got to meet them at an XM contest event. RF has a ton of Rush tatoos and had his back signed by Geddy & Neil for a tattoo LOL

QUOTE (vaportours @ Aug 26 2004, 01:37 PM)
I think I have met them 6 times now.. I can't retype all the stories.. They are archive elsewhere

You mean you don't save them in your diary? rofl3.gif

My husband smoked illegal herbal substances with them in '77. He said they were all very quiet, unassuming people, very focused. They smoked conservatively, to get a bit of a buzz but not to mess up the show. Neil hardly talked, Geddy chatted along, Alex was pretty funny.

He has a few more of those stories from that time period, but I'll save them for another time...

cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Aug 26 2004, 06:13 PM)
My husband smoked illegal herbal substances with them in '77. He said they were all very quiet, unassuming people, very focused. They smoked conservatively, to get a bit of a buzz but not to mess up the show. Neil hardly talked, Geddy chatted along, Alex was pretty funny.

He has a few more of those stories from that time period, but I'll save them for another time...

cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

That is cool as hell. I have a pic of them coming off of their tour bus around that time, thought they were stoned.

I to met them at the XM event and met rushfreak there as well.

'

Hi everybody!!

I like this new site

I am formally the "ghost Stalker"....changed teh name becuase of issues with the stalker part of the name, which some of you may know is such a joke now that we have met.

I hope to meet more of you in the future.

Hey sweetmiracle...got the new disk's..thanks abunch...i think that one sounds even better than Vegas!! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Agent Rush @ Aug 27 2004, 07:19 AM)
'
Hi everybody!!

I like this new site

I am formally the "ghost Stalker"....changed teh name becuase of issues with the stalker part of the name, which some of you may know is such a joke now that we have met.

Hey sweetmiracle...got the new disk's..thanks abunch...i think that one sounds even better than Vegas!! bekloppt.gif

Welcome Agent R

Good bunch of folks here.....VERY friendly.

QUOTE (Agent Rush @ Aug 27 2004, 08:19 AM)
'
Hi everybody!!

I like this new site

Hey Welcome Agent! trink38.gif

Hi Agent, I believe I know you. wink.gif Welcome aboard!

And my m&g story is pretty brief. Went backstage opening night this tour in Nashville. Got a quick hi how are you with Geddy and Al. Had to cut my ex husband out of the piccy (which unfortunately came out dark anyway. tongue.gif

BUT it was still the highlight of a lifetime. I remember shaking Al's hand and thinking "OMG this is ALEX LIFESON!!!" biggrin.gif I'm such a goob.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/TRFOLDPOSTS/post-2-1093611926.jpg

yeah gal its me your pal from counterparts. I know what you mean about meeting them and getting goofy

I shook their hands and said thanks for 30 years of great music and all that. the damn picture did'nt turn out turn out the way I would have liked. I was looking at teh camera and they were signing my program. I was one of the forst and they had not gottn into a groove on teh pics untill later I think. In case you guy shave not been given the info for all that you can see 80 or so shots of meet and greets here

http://www.pictage.com/event.jsp?event_id=67437

If asked for a password its "rushguest"

click on the all images button on teh right hand side and see all of us meeting them.

I am number 17 and 79 and 80. you can also see rushfreak getting his back signed right before my number 17 pic.

let me know what you all think about the XM pics!! and by the way thanks for the warm welcome everyone

anyway i like the new board and hope to meet more of you in the near future.

trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Agent Rush @ Aug 27 2004, 08:19 AM)
'
Hi everybody!!

I like this new site

Hey Agent!!

Glad you're here and glad you got the discs!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My M&G story is similar to NPG's. Ushered to this area behind the stage with a group of people - mostly radio contest winners. I got there through the generosity of another Rush fan. Got in line, shook hands with both of them, got my picture, on my way. Took about five seconds, but the memory is indelible.

What's more is I was pregnant at the time (still am) and showing, and my M&G is the first picture of me taken as I'm showing a bit of tummy.

wow that fast huh...that is cool you were able to meet them but sucks it was so quick. I had heard they were pretty fast but dammmmm

Our XM thing was about 1 1/2 hours long and I sat about 7 feet from both of them.

Then after the taping of the show we all went out and got our pic taken and stuff signed.

I guess I am glad that I was able to get in on it.

They said it may become some kind of tv show, or even end up on a future DVD. You should be able to hear it on XM this fall real soon. At least you all can check out the pics from it for now. yes.gif

Have a great weekend eveyrbody in case I leave soon. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Aug 27 2004, 08:00 AM)
Hi Agent, I believe I know you. wink.gif Welcome aboard!

And my m&g story is pretty brief. Went backstage opening night this tour in Nashville. Got a quick hi how are you with Geddy and Al. Had to cut my ex husband out of the piccy (which unfortunately came out dark anyway. tongue.gif

BUT it was still the highlight of a lifetime. I remember shaking Al's hand and thinking "OMG this is ALEX LIFESON!!!" biggrin.gif I'm such a goob.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif OMG!!!!! Cool pic!!!!! I think I wouldn't look so calm standing next to the BOYZ!!!! You are one lucky woman!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 26 2004, 12:43 PM)
biggrin.gif Would love to live vicariously thru you!!!  Tell us a stowy.... biggrin.gif

*plops herself down in front of the story teller, wide eyed, listening intently*

:saywha:  applaudit.gif

I've got a good story for you Alsgalpal, but I don't think that it would be appropriate to post the link here so I'll email it to you.

2.gif musik19.gif NP.gif blah.gif 2.gif

Archived