Available Light hi_water._ Tribute Poll

JohnnyBlaze

Available Light thoughts...  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Available Light?

• "It's the late 80s Xanadu or 2112." - hi_water
    • "It's not metal enough." - treeduck
    • "I'd rather rub my face in the crotch of a leper than listen to it." - Fridge
    • Very good song. The best or one of the best off Presto.
    • Good tune. It's a bit of a departure from Rush but it's good.
    • It's basically okay but I don't get all that jazzed about it to be honest.
    • Below average and forgettable. I'd like to partially blame Rupert Hine for it.
    • Not good. I skip it often if not more so.
    • ((other))
  2. 2. I like Available Light more than...

I actually think Available Light is a really good song, though to be fair there are other songs that I would rather rub my face in a lepers crotch than listen to. (ugh thanks for that image JB!)

Oh man! I assumed incorrectly big time! I swore you didn’t like anything except a very VERY tiny number of Rush tunes post-HYF.

You'd be right...that's one of them :-)

Available Light is definitely not one of the best songs post HYF

Leave out Clockwork Angels and I think it makes my top ten post-HYF Rush songs pretty easily.

How many Clockwork Angels tunes would make your post-HYF Top Ten list?

[NOTE: no 50-way tie, I-can’t-decide option allowed.]

:LOL:

But yeah, how many?

I actually think Available Light is a really good song, though to be fair there are other songs that I would rather rub my face in a lepers crotch than listen to. (ugh thanks for that image JB!)

Oh man! I assumed incorrectly big time! I swore you didn’t like anything except a very VERY tiny number of Rush tunes post-HYF.

Leave out Clockwork Angels and I think it makes my top ten post-HYF Rush songs pretty easily.

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

I was curious what EP has on there but okay I’ll play...Halo Effect, BU2B2, and Wish Them Well make your post-HYF Top 10?

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

I was curious what EP has on there but okay I’ll play...Halo Effect, BU2B2, and Wish Them Well make your post-HYF Top 10?

Wish Them Well could be a contender but idk about Halo Effect... BU2B2 is just an interlude that exists

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

Wish Them Well could be a contender but idk about Halo Effect... BU2B2 is just an interlude that exists

Wreckers? 7 Cities of Gold? BU2B?

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

:huh:

But yeah, how many?

Clockwork Angels, The Garden, Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Anarchist, and probably BU2B all for sure. That's five or six.

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

Would they make your post-HYF top 10? You DID say that “most of CA” would be on there.

But yeah, how many?

Clockwork Angels, The Garden, Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Anarchist, and probably BU2B all for sure. That's five or six.

Beefy!

I’d probably just put CA, Anarchist, and Headlong Flight

• Like 1

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

Would they make your post-HYF top 10? You DID say that “most of CA” would be on there.

hmmm... we'll have to find out in a while, won't we? With some... list? ;)

But yeah, how many?

Beefy!

I think CA is the only post HYF album I rank over Presto. Maybe VT, but that would be it.

But yeah, how many?

Most of 'em.

hmmm... we'll have to find out in a while, won't we? With some... list? ;)

I’m asking you because you said “most of CA” but never clearly answered.

But yeah, how many?

Beefy!

I think CA is the only post HYF album I rank over Presto. Maybe VT, but that would be it.

Post-HYF....

CA > Counterparts > VT > Presto > Test >.....Bones >.........................Snakes

- VT and Presto can switch spots depending on the day.

-CA has higher highs and lower lows + more tunes that I don’t care about than than Counterparts but it is what it is and whatever. On occasion, I’d put Counterparts over CA.

- The last 3 rankings are set in stone...although the spread between Bones and Snakes is widening with time.

• Like 1

But yeah, how many?

Beefy!

Post-HYF....

CA > Counterparts > VT > Presto > Test >.....Bones >.........................Snakes

-CA has higher highs and lower lows + more tunes that I don’t care about than than Counterparts but it is what it is and whatever. On occasion, I’d put Counterparts over CA.

- The last 3 rankings are set in stone...although the spread between Bones and Snakes is widening with time.

Not terribly far off from mine.

CA > Presto > VT > CP > T4E > Snakes > > RTB

• Like 2

But yeah, how many?

Beefy!

Post-HYF....

Not terribly far off from mine.

CA > Presto > VT > CP > T4E > Snakes > > RTB

Clockwork Angels > Vapor Trails > Counterparts > Snakes & Arrows > Test For Echo > Roll The Bones > Presto