Dire Straits

Lorraine

Dire Straits is as boring as it gets, sorry about that :boo hiss: :( :)

you're about as boring as it gets :P :D :D

Mick

:ebert:

• Like 1

We'll all change our opinions then.

The expert has spoken.

No please, keep on listening & enjoy yourself :D

• Like 1

We'll all change our opinions then.

The expert has spoken.

No please, keep on listening & enjoy yourself :D

OK

Everyone hear that? We have permission to keep on listening and enjoying ourselves!

What a peach. 32043521-peach-and-quarter-piece-isolated-on-white-background-as-package-design-element.jpg?ver=6

Edited by Lorraine

I was thinking. if the debut and Communique had been released as a double album. it would be my fav double album.

not that they ever had plans to do so......i'm just saying the 2 albums sure run like a double.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

My German brother in law doesn't care for Dire Straits or Mark Knopfler's playing, describing it as "quite boring". :LOL:

He's a big Tull fan, though.

Mick

My German brother in law doesn't care for Dire Straits or Mark Knopfler's playing, describing it as "quite boring". :LOL:

I can see how his guitar playing sound can get to you after listening to enough of it. I couldn't take a steady diet of him either.

• Like 1

One of the biggest influences on Knopfler's playing was the great Chet Atkins. Here they are at the Secret Policeman's Third Ball...

• Like 3

Mick

I can see how his guitar playing sound can get to you after listening to enough of it. I couldn't take a steady diet of him either.

A bit samey. But then, so is a big pile of diamonds or a giant hall of Renaissance paintings. :P

I really enjoyed watching this. It illustrates how Mark's mastery of tone elevated what is a fairly simple playing style of his. His mastery of volume and the bending of strings is :drool:

• Like 2

Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwJ11-pmxg

6 million+ views

From the comments:

In my opinion, Mark Knopfler is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He may not be a technical wizard or play lightning fast, blistering solos, or create music which is nearly impossible to replicate and learn to play, all of which seems to be the criteria to be a "great guitarist" by most people's standards.. But Knopfler is an amazing songwriter and in general, he has a profound musical sense. He knows what to play, when to play it, and makes his guitar sing with such gentle elegance...

The amount of emotion he can pull out of guitar is amazing .

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Here you go...

6 million+ views

From the comments:

In my opinion, Mark Knopfler is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He may not be a technical wizard or play lightning fast, blistering solos, or create music which is nearly impossible to replicate and learn to play, all of which seems to be the criteria to be a "great guitarist" by most people's standards.. But Knopfler is an amazing songwriter and in general, he has a profound musical sense. He knows what to play, when to play it, and makes his guitar sing with such gentle elegance...

great solo. but the whole time i was like what the hell song is this? main melody kicks in....ah Sultans of Swing, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Here you go...

6 million+ views

From the comments:

great solo. but the whole time i was like what the hell song is this? main melody kicks in....ah Sultans of Swing, lol

Mick

See, they do all sound the same! :LOL: Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed watching this. It illustrates how Mark's mastery of tone elevated what is a fairly simple playing style of his. His mastery of volume and the bending of strings is :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG__SwkV3wg

I really enjoyed watching that. Talent is a wonderful thing to have. It's amazing how some - like Mark and Alex and Eddie and Brian - can make the guitar come alive. I wonder if that is a talent within a talent. Not every guitar player has that.

• Like 1

Here you go...

6 million+ views

From the comments:

He plays the guitar as easily and effortlessly as Eric Clapton.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed watching that. Talent is a wonderful thing to have. It's amazing how some - like Mark and Alex and Eddie and Brian - can make the guitar come alive. I wonder if that is a talent within a talent. Not every guitar player has that.

Those are three players that are instantly identifiable when you hear them. That's hard to achieve.
  • Like 1

Those are three players that are instantly identifiable when you hear them. That's hard to achieve.

It must be more than a musical talent - it's a musical talent combined with another talent and not everyone who has musical talent possesses the other talent.

• Like 1

It must be more than a musical talent - it's a musical talent combined with another talent and not everyone who has musical talent possesses the other talent.

Inspired genius.