Jump to content


Action movie actors clash: Diesel vs Johnson vs Statham?


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Diesel vs Johnson vs Statham? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Diesel vs Johnson vs Statham?

  1. Vin Diesel (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) (13 votes [76.47%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 76.47%

  3. Jason Statham (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Texas King

Texas King

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2710 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Statham for me.

Sponsored Post

#2 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 98994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

Statham.

#3 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

Who is Jason Statham?

#4 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Duluth, MN
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Only a roody-poo candy ass would NOT vote for The Rock...

Posted Image

Edited by rocket ignites, 23 May 2017 - 05:18 PM.


#5 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Duluth, MN
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

#6 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 86396 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

The Rock.

#7 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.

#8 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 40854 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Dwayne Johnson

Love this man!

#9 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35824 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

Interestingly, Vin Diesel has been in the 3 best movies of all their work. But I'm not talking about his action stuff. I'm thinking of his barely speaking animated/cgi characters in Iron Giant and Guardians of the Galaxy + his brief appearance in Saving Private Ryan. So I can't vote for him.

I've never been able to finish a Dwayne Johnson movie so he's not winning either.

So by default I'd have to go with Statham. However, his best flick, Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, he's not really doing any action scenes. The Expendables flicks are cheesy and dumb but I enjoyed pieces of parts 1 & 2.

Oh, since all 3 have been involved in the Fast & Furious flicks...I can't watch any of those. I tried watching the first two and one of the other ones but couldn't get through more than 15 minutes of any of them.

#10 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 98994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



#11 workingthemangels63

workingthemangels63

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:southside va
  • Interests:music,tv,reading,hiking,my kids and grandkids,beautiful women2

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

gotta go with the rock.

#12 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.

#13 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 98994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.

#14 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Duluth, MN
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

"Faster" with The Rock and Billy Bob Thornton was an under the radar movie I enjoyed.  

"Central Intelligence" was better than I would of expected.

"San Andreas" was a fun watch.

Never saw any of the Fast & Furious movies.

#15 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.

Absolutely.

#16 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35824 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.
Now, Craig's 49 & Owen's 52. Craig started as a new double O in Casino Royale. What if they start Owen as an older, veteran double O? What would you think of that?

Coincidentally (or maybe not?), Owen had an uncredited cameo in 2006's Pink Panther as Agent 006. This was less than a year before Craig's debut as 007.

#17 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.
Now, Craig's 49 & Owen's 52. Craig started as a new double O in Casino Royale. What if they start Owen as an older, veteran double O? What would you think of that?

Coincidentally (or maybe not?), Owen had an uncredited cameo in 2006's Pink Panther as Agent 006. This was less than a year before Craig's debut as 007.

Bond has to be old enough to be classy yet young enough to be athletic. It's kind of a tight rope walk.

#18 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35824 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.
Now, Craig's 49 & Owen's 52. Craig started as a new double O in Casino Royale. What if they start Owen as an older, veteran double O? What would you think of that?

Coincidentally (or maybe not?), Owen had an uncredited cameo in 2006's Pink Panther as Agent 006. This was less than a year before Craig's debut as 007.

Bond has to be old enough to be classy yet young enough to be athletic. It's kind of a tight rope walk.
Well, there's real age and onscreen looking age.
Craig's Bond is supposed to be much younger than his real age. And he pulls it off.
As I said, Craig's 49 and if he does another Bond flick he'll probably be at least 52 by then...but I doubt anyone will say that he's too old. Complaints about him are usually in the form of him being ugly or the lemon-whatever the hell-duck face he's making.

Brosnan was Bond until 49.

Moore was Bond until 58.

#19 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 24 May 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.
Now, Craig's 49 & Owen's 52. Craig started as a new double O in Casino Royale. What if they start Owen as an older, veteran double O? What would you think of that?

Coincidentally (or maybe not?), Owen had an uncredited cameo in 2006's Pink Panther as Agent 006. This was less than a year before Craig's debut as 007.

Bond has to be old enough to be classy yet young enough to be athletic. It's kind of a tight rope walk.
Well, there's real age and onscreen looking age.
Craig's Bond is supposed to be much younger than his real age. And he pulls it off.
As I said, Craig's 49 and if he does another Bond flick he'll probably be at least 52 by then...but I doubt anyone will say that he's too old. Complaints about him are usually in the form of him being ugly or the lemon-whatever the hell-duck face he's making.

Brosnan was Bond until 49.

Moore was Bond until 58.

I can't imagine how anyone thought having Daniel Craig play Bond was a good idea. He has no personality.

#20 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35824 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 24 May 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 24 May 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 23 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postrocket ignites, on 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Who is Jason Statham?
Exactly

I looked him up and I still don't know him.
This is who he is...



He's kind of generic. Now I've always liked Clive Owen and thought he would make a great James Bond.
Yeah he would have but I think it's too late now. They should have chose him instead of Daniel Craig.
Now, Craig's 49 & Owen's 52. Craig started as a new double O in Casino Royale. What if they start Owen as an older, veteran double O? What would you think of that?

Coincidentally (or maybe not?), Owen had an uncredited cameo in 2006's Pink Panther as Agent 006. This was less than a year before Craig's debut as 007.

Bond has to be old enough to be classy yet young enough to be athletic. It's kind of a tight rope walk.
Well, there's real age and onscreen looking age.
Craig's Bond is supposed to be much younger than his real age. And he pulls it off.
As I said, Craig's 49 and if he does another Bond flick he'll probably be at least 52 by then...but I doubt anyone will say that he's too old. Complaints about him are usually in the form of him being ugly or the lemon-whatever the hell-duck face he's making.

Brosnan was Bond until 49.

Moore was Bond until 58.

I can't imagine how anyone thought having Daniel Craig play Bond was a good idea. He has no personality.

Well, at the time, I thought Pierce Brosnan was a good choice but it didn't matter since most of his Bond flicks were garbage. Aside from Goldeneye, they were some of the worst of the 007 lot.

Craig's Quantum of Solace is one of the worst ones too. It stands as the only Bond flick that I fell asleep in at the cinema.
Still, I did like Casino Royale a lot. And thinking of Bond before he became 007 is the reason why I asked about going in the opposite direction and having an older Bond (and different actor). He'd be slower and not as athletic of course but he'd also be more experienced, more cunning, and possibly even more lethal.

Also, I did like Craig in Road to Perdition. What a damn snake! I thought Layer Cake (which came out a couple of years before Casino Royale) was enjoyable too. He was a bit of a weasel in that too. There are even some Bond-like poses in there as if he were trying out for the part. I'm sure that had something to do with him getting the Bond gig.

Remembering now...Superman Henry Cavill was strongly considered for Casino Royale but they thought he was too young. He was in his early 20s then. I think I might've been ok with him as young Bond. Anyway...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users