NASCAR Pick'em 2017

KenJennings

I hate but drivers but for Busch, it was either run into Keselowski or go low, and Logano was blocking. Logano had no reason to head back up the track, yet he gives Busch a bump anyways. He deserves what's coming to him.

Logano is and always has been an absolute puss. I will thoroughly enjoy watching him get taken out.

I didn't see Logano throwing sucker punches out there.

Look at the video again. Busch is being held down by several Logano crew members and he throws a fruit-punch before being lifted away like a girl. Looks like he didn't learn his lesson after Kenseth.

I've seen it. Logano wanted a piece of Busch before the crew got them apart. I don't blame him one bit.

But I only saw one cheap, cowardly sucker punch. That came from #18.

• Like 1

Dare I say I actually might like stage racing?

It's making things pretty interesting to watch!

Hate the stage racing, and have always hated the chase. They're both BS IMHO. Just run the races and assign point values based on order of finish and laps led. Cumulative totals through the whole season, highest point total wins the championship.

I hate but drivers but for Busch, it was either run into Keselowski or go low, and Logano was blocking. Logano had no reason to head back up the track, yet he gives Busch a bump anyways. He deserves what's coming to him.

Logano is and always has been an absolute puss. I will thoroughly enjoy watching him get taken out.

Same here Ed. Can't stand Logano, If it gets that I have to pick him, it'll be on a road course.

Lewis Hamilton next year after he wins his 4th F1 title this year and tries his hand at NASCAR like Nigel Mansell and Juan Pablo Montoya did

You cant call yourself a great until you have driven in both (and very different) disciplines.

They are chalk and cheese and please understand I am not saying one is better than the other.

Mario Andretti won NASCAR and F1 world champs (I think??)

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Stevie

Lewis Hamilton next year after he wins his 4th F1 title this year and tries his hand at NASCAR like Nigel Mansell and Juan Pablo Montoya did

You cant call yourself a great until you have driven in both (and very different) disciplines.

They are chalk and cheese and please understand I am not saying one is better than the other.

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Stevie

Andretti won Daytona once. He also won an IROC series championship. He never won anything that would be considered a world championship in NASCAR. That is having the most points at the end of a NASCAR season which is what a championship is in NASCAR.
  • Like 1

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Stevie

Andretti won Daytona once. He also won an IROC series championship. He never won anything that would be considered a world championship in NASCAR. That is having the most points at the end of a NASCAR season which is what a championship is in NASCAR.

OK thanks dude

Didn't he win the Indy 500 as well, is that not a NASCAR race? Just asking, sorry I don't know that much about US motor racing

Cheers ;)

I watched a Top Gear special where they went to the States and found out about the origins of NASCAR.

It was really interesting, these guys in the South just modified their cars in the 30's and 40's to peddle moonshine across county borders and outrun the law. standard cars with lots more power and better suspension.

Great Story of how it evolved, just normal working guys with a dream!!

Really cool!!!

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Stevie

OK thanks dude

Didn't he win the Indy 500 as well, is that not a NASCAR race? Just asking, sorry I don't know that much about US motor racing

Cheers ;)

No Indy is a completely different series. Indy is also open wheel cars similar to F1 as opposed to NASCAR which is stock cars.
  • Like 1

I watched a Top Gear special where they went to the States and found out about the origins of NASCAR.

It was really interesting, these guys in the South just modified their cars in the 30's and 40's to peddle moonshine across county borders and outrun the law. standard cars with lots more power and better suspension.

Great Story of how it evolved, just normal working guys with a dream!!

Really cool!!!

Yes the roots of NASCAR are in the deep south and started with bootlegging moonshine. The first races in Daytona were run on the beach in the sand.
  • Like 1

Might have been some other Ferraris sorry :drool:

From Wikipedia:

"The unofficial Daytona name is reported to have been applied by the media rather than Ferrari and commemorates Ferrari's 1-2-3 finish[3] in the February 1967 24 Hours of Daytona with a 330 P3/4, a 330 P4 and a 412 P.[4] To this day, Ferrari itself only rarely refers to the 365 as the "Daytona", and refer to it as an "unofficial" name.[5]"

• Like 1

From Wikipedia:

"The unofficial Daytona name is reported to have been applied by the media rather than Ferrari and commemorates Ferrari's 1-2-3 finish[3] in the February 1967 24 Hours of Daytona with a 330 P3/4, a 330 P4 and a 412 P.[4] To this day, Ferrari itself only rarely refers to the 365 as the "Daytona", and refer to it as an "unofficial" name.[5]"

Yeh sure it is unofficial but a nice compliment.

What do you mean by "open wheels" ? Do you mean the rear diff?

Love V8 muscle cars, the guy down the street has a 60's Mustang, blue with a white strip, he just brings it out in the summer.

My Jag is rear wheel Supercharged V8.

I love Mustangs, Camaro's, Charger's, Challengers, Corvette's and that Pontiac Jim Rockford drove!!!!!!!

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Stevie

Tony Stewart won titles in Indycar and NASCAR. That's the only full fledged champion in both open wheel and stock car racing I can think of.

Unless you want to consider sprint cars 'open wheel' (which they are, just with a shorter wheelbase, racing on dirt tracks) in which case, a significant number of NASCAR drivers have been champions in USAC. Including, again, Tony Stewart.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

From Wikipedia:

"An open-wheel car (formula car, or often single-seater car in British English) is a car with the wheels outside the car's main body, and usually having only one seat. Open-wheel cars contrast with street cars, sports cars, stock cars, and touring cars, which have their wheels below the body or fenders."
  • Like 1

Love V8 muscle cars, the guy down the street has a 60's Mustang, blue with a white strip, he just brings it out in the summer.

My Jag is rear wheel Supercharged V8.

I love Mustangs, Camaro's, Charger's, Challengers, Corvette's and that Pontiac Jim Rockford drove!!!!!!!

The funny thing is that while I have been a NASCAR fan since I was a kid (late 70's), I am not a "car" guy. I don't like to tinker with them or get excited by expensive or flashy versions of them. And I have no brand allegiance which among NASCAR fans is a common thing to have. I find the various Ford vs. Chevy memes on Facebook to be silly.

I drive an economy car I paid 14K for.

Edited by thesweetscience

From Wikipedia:

It means a vehicle with tires not covered by a fender of some sort. http://autoguide.com.vsassets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/0G2A0610.jpg

The most common types of circuit racing. There are others, but these are the big ones.

Open Wheel (Formula 1, Formula E, Indy, Cart)

http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/star_mazda_news.jpg

Sprint Car also techincally open wheel (World of Outlaws, USAC. ASCS)

http://gocampingiowa.org/images/attractions/iowa-attractions-knoxville-racing-400w.JPG

Stock Cars (NASCAR, ARCA, V8 Supercars)

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/355862v8supercars729620x349.jpg

Sports Cars (Rolex Series, IMSA, Le Mans, DTM)

http://www.newsofbahrain.com/admin/post/upload/A_cLT8uPEqrg_2015-05-14_1431583633resized_pic.jpg

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

From Wikipedia:

"An open-wheel car (formula car, or often single-seater car in British English) is a car with the wheels outside the car's main body, and usually having only one seat. Open-wheel cars contrast with street cars, sports cars, stock cars, and touring cars, which have their wheels below the body or fenders."

Ok thanks

I sort of understand (ish). Is it just a chassis with a seat, steering wheel and engine???