Rush Album In Pre Production!!

robertkincaid96

The word on the street is the first single is called "Far Cry" and is to be released on March 13 to radio. The "street" being AMR so this is probably bogus. Just thought I would pass the scoop from rumourville all the same.

take care all,

PB

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (starman2112 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:17 AM)
My question is if this CD will be a concept album or will it be like Roll The Bones and have a lot of themed songs about gambling with life, love, etc.

From Neil's comments, it seems a number of themed songs on the issue of religion is on the cards.

I think the new album sounds awesome. On the topic of the instrumental, I really wouldn't mind three different ones rather than a big three part one.

I also think it's funny that the album is probably going to be about religion, and Neil's lack thereof, when Geddy is, I believe, a pretty religious person.

Return Of Rush Later This Year

February 8, 2007

Canadian Rock superstars Rush are set to return later this year, with a new album expected to be in stores on May 1. Blabbermouth reports the record is tentatively titled Snakes And Arrows, and also has a handful of unconfirmed tour dates for the band. The rumored tour dates are along the east coast of the U.S. in mid-June and early July.

The first single from the album is expected to be "Far Cry," which will impact at radio on March 13. Last month, drummer Neal Peart wrote about the new album on his Web site, saying that "I have never enjoyed the recording process so much, nor been so satisfied with the results."

www.fmqb.com

Although I like this thread, the title is Out Of Date....The album is finished. It's not in pre-production anymore. cool.gif

New Rush single Far Cry to hit radio on March 19-20

According to FMQB.com the first Rush single titled Far Cry from the new album Snakes and Arrows will be released on March 19-20 rather than March 13 as was originally rumored. Yesterday Blabbermouth.net and FMQB.com both reported on the single and rumored tour dates first leaked to the net (via Counterparts) earlier this week.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Feb 10 2007, 03:19 PM)
Although I like this thread, the title is Out Of Date....The album is finished. It's not in pre-production anymore.  cool.gif

Rather than starting a new thread, I searched for a thread relating to the release of the new album. wink.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 8 2007, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (starman2112 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:17 AM)
My question is if this CD will be a concept album or will it be like Roll The Bones and have a lot of themed songs about gambling with life, love, etc.

From Neil's comments, it seems a number of themed songs on the issue of religion is on the cards.

Ooo, religion. That's always a good topic for any band... should be amazing!

Ah, and now come the longest weeks of the year.

Archived