Anyone want to record bass, for a track?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:44 AM

Hi Guys, after many years of neglect ( kids take up so much time dont they?) I have ventured back into recording.

Just recorded a demo, put a scratch bass down, but I can't play the bass very well.

Does anyone want to try and lay down a bass track 1 DI 1 AMP for this track?

If serious about it, Ill send the  tracks, 1 with bass 1 without and 1 just bass - you'll hear how shoddy my bass is.

Just a note; its to serve the song. For this particular song its quite low end not too much mid and high, as my playing did not
want to be in the limelight...hence this plea :)

PM me if interested.

THANKS

Sponsored Post

#2 stoopid

stoopid

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Music, climbing

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:07 AM

I'm a solid pocket player, which is what it sounds like you want/need.  Feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to lay something down for you.  Hopefully the drums were played to a click track :D.

I may be away for much of this holiday weekend but will fit it in before/immediately after I leave.

Having a rough idea of what the chord progression is would be helpful (saves time learning it by ear), but is not required.

Edited by stoopid, 02 September 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#3 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18890 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

View Postcondemned2bfree, on 02 September 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Hi Guys, after many years of neglect ( kids take up so much time dont they?) I have ventured back into recording.

Just recorded a demo, put a scratch bass down, but I can't play the bass very well.

Does anyone want to try and lay down a bass track 1 DI 1 AMP for this track?

If serious about it, Ill send the  tracks, 1 with bass 1 without and 1 just bass - you'll hear how shoddy my bass is.

Just a note; its to serve the song. For this particular song its quite low end not too much mid and high, as my playing did not
want to be in the limelight...hence this plea :)

PM me if interested.

THANKS

I see stoopid has already responded. He's super easy to work with and turns in great tracks. Here's an example of his bass work:

http://www.therushfo...t-about-farrah/

#4 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

SOCN Court Jester

• Members *
  • 10205 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

I can speak to Kevin's (Stopid's) style - he has a very good feel for the pocket.   Lots of pocket pool experience.  ;)   He and I have played bass on the same project, even taking turns in differing parts of the same song, and while I think my instincts drive me more to the mid and high stuff, sometimes at the expense of groove... I also think Kevin is drawn more to the style you are after here.   By the way... for what my opinion is worth.... knowing that you want this type of style ahead of time and saying so is a smart move on your part; it helps everyone be on a similar page regarding expectations.

#5 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

SOCN Court Jester

• Members *
  • 10205 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

John - do you have a link to the 70s funk/metal song we worked on last year?

#6 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18890 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostPrime Mover and Shaker, on 02 September 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

John - do you have a link to the 70s funk/metal song we worked on last year?

http://www.therushfo...t-about-raquel/

#7 stoopid

stoopid

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostPrime Mover and Shaker, on 02 September 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

He and I have played bass on the same project, even taking turns in differing parts of the same song, and while I think my instincts drive me more to the mid and high stuff, sometimes at the expense of groove... I also think Kevin is drawn more to the style you are after here.   By the way... for what my opinion is worth.... knowing that you want this type of style ahead of time and saying so is a smart move on your part; it helps everyone be on a similar page regarding expectations.

We actually compliment each other very well.  I tend to work on precise, lower end riffs and you trend toward more noodly, fill style playing.  If combined, we would own the bass ruling world!

That said, we can both hold our own when we want to venture into the other realm/style of playing...

Edited by stoopid, 02 September 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#8 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

Cheers guys, pm'd Stoopid.

#9 stoopid

stoopid

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

Let's do this.  :)

#10 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21763 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

I PM'd him early this morning so if you do it then we'll both be doing it.

#11 stoopid

stoopid

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 September 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

I PM'd him early this morning so if you do it then we'll both be doing it.

No, that's okay.  I didn't realize stephen was going to take multiple submissions and choose the best of (aka a competition), so I'm formally backing out.  It's all yours and whoever else he has in the wings.

#12 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:31 AM

Eaglemoon, Kevin

Sincere apologies.

As I have both explained to you, this is the 1st time I have entered in an appeal like this with my music, so I am unaware of internet etiquette on how to go about it all. I am an old git :)

Never my intention to cause any misunderstandings. You learn something everyday :)

Thanks for the offers guys, considering all that have going on in your lives, it was really really appreciated.

Stephen

#13 satchmothesnowdog

satchmothesnowdog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

Do you have a local.college with a music program? Maybe a student can do this for credit if you contact an instructor.

#14 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

View Postsatchmothesnowdog, on 04 September 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Do you have a local.college with a music program? Maybe a student can do this for credit if you contact an instructor.

Thanks for that, its an angle I'd never considered, this is the 1st time I have ventured on the net for music collaborations, like this, so its all new.

My last post may of been seen as not too positive.Hopefully eaglemoon is still up this, there's no pressure time wise, so that's the avenue for now until, if/when there are changes.

Thanks though

Edited by condemned2bfree, 04 September 2016 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users