There's something so hot about Raquel

JARG

Great mashup! You nailed the Frankenstein parts, along with the Funky Music solo. Pick Up the Pieces made for a nice ending. If only you could have slipped that Jungle Boogie riff in there somewhere. :D

If I'd used all the songs I wanted to, the damn thing would've been 20 minutes long!

• Like 1

Great mashup! You nailed the Frankenstein parts, along with the Funky Music solo. Pick Up the Pieces made for a nice ending. If only you could have slipped that Jungle Boogie riff in there somewhere. :D

If I'd used all the songs I wanted to, the damn thing would've been 20 minutes long!

So? MAKE IT 20 MINUTES!!!!

Nah, it's good the way it is. Always leave 'em wanting more! Plus, you can always do a sequel down the road.

• Like 1

Nah, it's good the way it is. Always leave 'em wanting more! Plus, you can always do a sequel down the road.

I'm thinking about doing a disco one, but that may take a while. I need to let that idea stew for a bit. That opening riff to Staying Alive is pretty damn cool. Hmmm....

I'm thinking about doing a disco one, but that may take a while. I need to let that idea stew for a bit. That opening riff to Staying Alive is pretty damn cool. Hmmm....

Yes, that riff lends itself to some heaviness. Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" -- plenty of interesting material to work with there (

did a cool take on it a few years back).

Yes, that riff lends itself to some heaviness. Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" -- plenty of interesting material to work with there (

Funky Town is one that I've always thought would translate well into a heavier song.

Funky Town is one that I've always thought would translate well into a heavier song.

Absolutely, especially the chorus. You can slam the shit out of those chords. The Bee Gee's "Jive Talking" has that cool odd-time riff that is just begging to be heavied up.

Absolutely, especially the chorus. You can slam the shit out of those chords. The Bee Gee's "Jive Talking" has that cool odd-time riff that is just begging to be heavied up.

Yes, I was going to mention Jive Talkin as well. Hey if I ever get moving on this, do you want to play on it?

Yes, I was going to mention Jive Talkin as well. Hey if I ever get moving on this, do you want to play on it?

I'm down.

I'm down.

I'll reach out to you if/when this ever moves beyond the "it might be cool if" stage. :)

• Like 1

When I saw the thread title, I was wondering how Raquel Welch could still be hot at her age.

I was born too late to have an appreciation for her hotness back when she was smokin', so I have to rely on old videos to transport me back in time. ;)

I'm down.

I'll reach out to you if/when this ever moves beyond the "it might be cool if" stage. :)

I'm open to collab on whatever as well, though without proper recording equipment I might be pretty useless :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm down.

I'm open to collab on whatever as well, though without proper recording equipment I might be pretty useless :LOL:

You can enter that world pretty affordably (less than the cost of a decent guitar), and there's no reason why you'd need to buy everything all at once.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions#start

With my cheap-ass recording software (a really old version of Cakewalk that I just like for some reason), I can import .wav files in. I think it would be fun to collaborate as well. How does it work? Does someone put a drum and bass file into dropbox, or something?

I'm very technologically declined . . .

With my cheap-ass recording software (a really old version of Cakewalk that I just like for some reason), I can import .wav files in. I think it would be fun to collaborate as well. How does it work? Does someone put a drum and bass file into dropbox, or something?

I'm very technologically declined . . .

So the way this particular project worked was that I first stitched the actual song segments together in Cakewalk so I could anticipate how and where to get one song section to flow into the next (that itself required changing some of the song tempos and keys, which I did in Audacity).

I then programmed the drums using Addictive Drums, which can be loaded into Cakewalk as a plugin, and a bare-bones midi bass line, using Cakewalk's Virtual Instruments that came bundled with my Cakewalk product.

Once I had that foundation, I then recorded the guitar parts (using Amplitube3, which can also be loaded into Cakewalk as a plugin) using the existing drums and bass as my guide. Once I had all that done, I exported 3 wavs - just drums, just bass, and just guitars and sent those onto Jeremy and Kevin.

I had asked Kevin to play on the Brick House and Pick Up The Pieces sections and Jeremy to play on the Frankenstein and Play That Funky Music sections. They recorded their parts and sent them back to me for questions/comments/complaints, and after a handful of tweaks, I shipped Kevin a buttload of wavs. He actually liked how I had the guitars mixed, so all the guitar tracks were sent to him as a single wav, but each individual kit piece -- 5 cymbals, 4 toms, kick, snare, & cowbell -- there were at least 2 (and frequently 3) wavs per piece. On top of that Jeremy had 3 bass tracks that he used. So Kevin loaded all those wavs into his DAW (and I think he uses a Cakewalk product, too) and did his magic.

So yes, there is some complexity involved, and yes, early on when I was on the steep end of the learning curve, it did at times seem insurmountable, but once you've done it a few times and teach yourself some good practices, it's not so bad.

• Like 4

And if the disco idea ever moves beyond the idea stage, I'll do pretty much the same thing: I'll get the songs I want to use, stitch them together, program the drums and bass, and then lay down my guitar parts. I'll then farm out wavs to whoever wants to do their parts, and finally all the wavs will be shipped to Kevin (assuming he's still game) to do his magic.

By the way, I meant to say: cool job. I couldn't listen to it at work, but I checked it out when I got home!

Do you ever try to collaborate on original stuff?

Someone sends a bass riff or two?

• Like 1

By the way, I meant to say: cool job. I couldn't listen to it at work, but I checked it out when I got home!

Do you ever try to collaborate on original stuff?

Someone sends a bass riff or two?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6wyCjRCLts&sns=em

• Like 2