Hawkwind

djflex

Just for the fun of it im going on a huge hawkwind kick. They have alot of stuff ive never explored. I did a old bootleg to kick things off...

This coukd take awhile..

All hawkwind comments welcome here

• Like 1

You know I've been saying for a long time that there's not enough Hawkwind threads on here... :16ton:

Lol.... I hit submit and it went crazy.

How to delete the others?

• Like 1

You know I've been saying for a long time that there's not enough Hawkwind threads on here... :16ton:

Lol.... I hit submit and it went crazy.

How to delete the others?

Just PM 73 and he'll get rid of the other ones.

I have enjoyed myself so far, many kistens to go.

Heard a newer album that was pretty good

This thread may be my best ever

It would be an awesome thread if people posted examples of their favorite Hawkwind material. It's not a band I have spent much time with (just random tracks here/there over the years), so I'd be eager to get a crash course in.

Heard this weird space,grungy music at a party,mid 70s,probably about 16,when all of a sudden this evil demented voice told me i would need to vomit and there would be bleeding from orifices.What the f**k is this?Looked on the turn table,Hawkwind,Space Ritual.Bought it as soon as possible.Warrior on the Edge of Time,Do Re Mi,Hall of The Mountain Grill,all great albums.An old hippy friend of mine shared a house with five or six people in the 70s and one was the drummer of Hawkwind.He was never there but he paid his rent apparently.
  • Like 2

Warrior on the Edge of Time is a great place to start.

Thanks, youtube has the original and remaster. Listening to the remaster now, it reminds me of early Floyd and perhaps a bit of Tull (and not just because of the flute). I can hear how this was edgy for that era in rock.

Looking back a few pages to see what appears and I'm amazed at the variety.

Hawkwind were phenomenol- Orgone Accumulator is a killer song.

With apologies I will likely bump a few old threads because I joined too late.

Heard this weird space,grungy music at a party,mid 70s,probably about 16,when all of a sudden this evil demented voice told me i would need to vomit and there would be bleeding from orifices.What the f**k is this?Looked on the turn table,Hawkwind,Space Ritual.Bought it as soon as possible.Warrior on the Edge of Time,Do Re Mi,Hall of The Mountain Grill,all great albums.An old hippy friend of mine shared a house with five or six people in the 70s and one was the drummer of Hawkwind.He was never there but he paid his rent apparently.

A good friend of mine saw Space Ritual a couple of days ago on sale for a couple of Euro so he bought it.

He hated it so he has given it to me. Not heard it yet, but I have usually liked what I have heard from the band in the past.

Saw them live about 20 years ago, and really enjoyed it, especially the exotic dancers and fire eaters.