2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Watching the Liverpool vs Barcelona friendly, currently 3-0 to Liverpool. Barcelona's defence has looked really dodgy throughout pre season.

Finished 4-0 to Liverpool. I never take too much notice of pre season games, it is all primarily about fitness, but that's quite an impressive victory.

Did Barca have any of the "Big three" playing?

4-0 is very impressive. Did they look that good?

Watching the Liverpool vs Barcelona friendly, currently 3-0 to Liverpool. Barcelona's defence has looked really dodgy throughout pre season.

Finished 4-0 to Liverpool. I never take too much notice of pre season games, it is all primarily about fitness, but that's quite an impressive victory.

Did Barca have any of the "Big three" playing?

4-0 is very impressive. Did they look that good?

Messi and Suarez did, Neymar is with Brazil for the Olympics I believe.

They did, obviously Barcelona had most of the ball, but when they lost it Liverpool broke with frightening pace and in numbers. Mane looks like a great buy for them, as does Wijnaldum. I think they'll get back into the top 4 this season.

I like the look of Musa, his new strike partner, with both of them Leicester have an insanely quick strike force.

We have only one fit centre back at the moment, so we've been testing out Huddlestone alongside Davies. He is technically gifted, but unbelievably slow, so I'm not 100% comfortable with the thought of him keeping tabs with Vardy and/or Musa!

Mike Phelan will take charge of our game against Leicester on Saturday. I think he'll end up being the permanent boss, cheap option.

Cue Sir Alex stating that he's a "Fantastic choice"

Gary Neville has!

• Like 1