Harley Davidson!

Verena

I *love* Harley Davison Motorcycles. :wub:

Since my 18 years old I've been dreaming about it.

Hopefully one day, it'll come true. :)

I remember to be particularly taken by a Harley commercial from 2007.

I love the music and text. It's "old", but quite worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEn9feX6Z8A

"We believe in going our own way, no matter which way the rest of the world is going.

We believe in bucking the system that's built to smash individuals like bugs on a windshield.

Some of us believe in the man upstairs. All of us believe in sticking it to the man down here.

We believe in the sky, and we don't believe in the sunroof.

We believe in freedom.

We believe in dust, tumbleweeds, buffalo, mountain ranges and riding off into the sunset.

We believe in saddlebags and we believe that cowboys had it right.

We believe in refusing to knuckle under to anyone.

We believe in wearing black, because it doesn't show any dirt or weakness.

We believe the world is going soft, and we're not going along with it.

We believe in motorcycle rallies that last a week.

We believe in road side attractions, gas station hot dogs, and finding out what's over the next hill.

We believe in rumbling engines, pistons the size of garbage cans, fuel tanks designed in 1936, freight-train size headlights, chrome and custom paint.

We believe in flames and skulls.

We believe life is what you make it, and we make it one hell of a ride.

We believe the machine you sit on can tell the world exactly where you stand.

We don't care what everyone else believes.

Amen."

• Like 2

Come visit Central Pennsylvania! You can visit one of Harley-Davidson's main plants in York, Pa and take a tour! :) One of those things I have always been meaning to do and haven't done yet- it is supposed to be fun. (I have toured Hershey's Chocolate World many times, where they give you a free candy piece. Maybe they just need to give away free Harleys at the end of the tour !! :LOL: :lol: )
  • Like 1

Come visit Central Pennsylvania! You can visit one of Harley-Davidson's main plants in York, Pa and take a tour! :) One of those things I have always been meaning to do and haven't done yet- it is supposed to be fun. (I have toured Hershey's Chocolate World many times, where they give you a free candy piece. Maybe they just need to give away free Harleys at the end of the tour !! :LOL: :lol: )

Thanks for the tip. :)

Rush brothers & sisters will probably join me on the ride. :ebert:

• Like 1

Not 100% of the time, but in the states that motorcycle riders don't have to wear helmets, the 2 groups most likely to not are young men on their crotch rockets and Harley riders. The Harley riders are often decked out head to toe in leather but no helmet. They and their motorcycles are all about the style. If you ask them they'll probably tell you leathers keep them safe from road rash but all the road rash in the world does't hurt if you're dead.

Plus, the bullshit about "loud pipes save lives" is pure crap. It's just another way to get the attention they seem to crave.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

Not 100% of the time, but in the states that motorcycle riders don't have to wear helmets, the 2 groups most likely to not are young men on their crotch rockets and Harley riders. The Harley riders are often decked out head to toe in leather but no helmet. They and their motorcycles are all about the style. If you ask them they'll probably tell you leathers keep them safe from road rash but all the road rash in the world does't hurt if you're dead.

Plus, the bullshit about "loud pipes save lives" is pure crap. It's just another way to get the attention they seem to crave.

Neil has written in his books about how well tuned his BMW bikes are and how loud Harleys really annoy him! I've never seen a BMW running in person (I don't think) so I can't really say, although Neil is welcome to come by my place any time! :D :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Neil has written in his books about how well tuned his BMW bikes are and how loud Harleys really annoy him!

:LOL:

I've never seen a BMW running in person (I don't think) so I can't really say, although Neil is welcome to come by my place any time! :D :D

Of course there other beautiful and great motorcycles!

Many TRF members would welcome Neil on his travels. :yes:

• Like 1

I like the look of them too, but I have to say I'm glad our neighbour got rid of his. I'm sorry that he had to have an accident to help him make that decision, but . . . he used to start the thing up in the morning and let it run, and it was really loud. He claimed that he needed to let it run because it was good for the carburetor or something (someone else has since told me that's a load of crap). I don't know anything about motorcycles, I just know that his was unnecessarily loud.
  • Like 1

I like the look of them too, but I have to say I'm glad our neighbour got rid of his. I'm sorry that he had to have an accident to help him make that decision, but . . . he used to start the thing up in the morning and let it run, and it was really loud. He claimed that he needed to let it run because it was good for the carburetor or something (someone else has since told me that's a load of crap). I don't know anything about motorcycles, I just know that his was unnecessarily loud.

I got your point. Your neighbour has his reasons. :huh:

I love 'em as well.. the trouble with them is - apart from the din - they have the turning circle of an ocean liner.. really not suited for british roads.
  • Like 1