Game of Thrones - Season 6

Disembodied Spirit

Hmm...I read what John Boyega said, and I can't say I agree.

“There are no black people on Game of Thrones."

Well, I guess if you ignore black characters, like Missandei, Grey Worm, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Areo Hotah, yeah, there are absolutely no black people in Game of Thrones.

“I ain’t paying money to always see one type of person on-screen."

There's plenty more diversity in Game of Thrones. The Dornish people are mostly played by Hispanics, while Alexander Siddig is half Sudanese. The Dothraki, too, were very diversely cast. To group all these actors into "one type of person" just because they aren't black, is frankly racist.

• Like 2

Hmm...I read what John Boyega said, and I can't say I agree.

“There are no black people on Game of Thrones."

Well, I guess if you ignore black characters, like Missandei, Grey Worm, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Areo Hotah, yeah, there are absolutely no black people in Game of Thrones.

“I ain’t paying money to always see one type of person on-screen."

There's plenty more diversity in Game of Thrones. The Dornish people are mostly played by Hispanics, while Alexander Siddig is half Sudanese. The Dothraki, too, were very diversely cast. To group all these actors into "one type of person" just because they aren't black, is frankly racist.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boyega has never actually seen more than a couple of episodes.

• Like 1

I don't think any tv show or movie should cast someone just for the sake of diversity although I know that does happen.

They should cast who's right for the role no matter what ethnicity they are. If the role doesn't require some kind of ethnicity than there's no reason to try and force the diversity into it.

• Like 2

I don't think any tv show or movie should cast someone just for the sake of diversity although I know that does happen.

They should cast who's right for the role no matter what ethnicity they are. If the role doesn't require some kind of ethnicity than there's no reason to try and force the diversity into it.

My first thought after reading your post was not about ethnicity but about Sulu's implied hubby in Star Trek Beyond. I don't care really but yeah that was pretty forced and it didn't help (or hurt) the story in any way. It was just...there...forced.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze