Time Machine Tour

Lorraine

I'm not trying to be mean, but what good is being at your peak technically when you've long passed by your creative peak?

You can still tour and play your best work for your loyal fans. See Def Leppard. Also see Journey...who lost the best singer in rock history 20 years ago, but are still touring and making money off the songs he made famous. At least Rush is still the (almost) original act.

Who's that?

I'm not trying to be mean, but what good is being at your peak technically when you've long passed by your creative peak?

You can still tour and play your best work for your loyal fans. See Def Leppard. Also see Journey...who lost the best singer in rock history 20 years ago, but are still touring and making money off the songs he made famous. At least Rush is still the (almost) original act.

Who's that?

Surely you jest. Sorry I called you Shirley!

Who's that?

The only one I can think of is Steve, and I thought he was long gone before 1996.

• Like 1

Who's that?

The only one I can think of is Steve, and I thought he was long gone before 1996.

I thought "Trial by Fire" was released in '96, but I could be off a year or two. Even then, his voice was pretty much shot. But man, in his prime...

Who's that?

I thought "Trial by Fire" was released in '96, but I could be off a year or two. Even then, his voice was pretty much shot. But man, in his prime...

i didn't know he lost his voice too. I did know that he just stopped singing altogether for years.

Who's that?

i didn't know he lost his voice too. I did know that he just stopped singing altogether for years.

He didn't exactly "lose his voice", but he didn't have the range he once did. Google "Lay it Down" off of Escape. If that's not a powerful voice, you'll never hear one.

so what, you should just go die after you reach some theoretical creative peak that you don't even know you've reached until years later when a bunch of overly critical fans decide you did?

also, geddy was never the world's greatest singer but overall journey's best material barely touches rush's worst.

so what, you should just go die after you reach some theoretical creative peak that you don't even know you've reached until years later when a bunch of overly critical fans decide you did?

also, geddy was never the world's greatest singer but overall journey's best material barely touches rush's worst.

Shrug.

Not.

As a musician you should always strive to be the best you can be on your instrument. Ultimately they play for their own enjoyment, and if others like it that's great. That doesn't necessarily mean you can write good songs. Songwriting and technical proficiency are two different things.

• Like 2

As a musician you should always strive to be the best you can be on your instrument. Ultimately they play for their own enjoyment, and if others like it that's great. That doesn't necessarily mean you can write good songs. Songwriting and technical proficiency are two different things.

ha, much better answer than mine :goodone:

• Like 1

about ten years ago i heard an interview with geddy where he said that as a band they were driven by the feeling that they'd done some pretty good albums but that they still hadn't done their best work, and still hoped to.

regardless of what anyone might think about when they peaked creatively, that's a fantastic attitude that i have always admired.

• Like 4

I think you're giving Journey's best material a bit too much credit. (Or not giving Rush's worst material enough credit). :P

• Like 1

There's a good bootleg video from the tour - one of Tapehead2's - of their MSG concert on April 10, 2011. Were you there ReGor?

I was! It was my first show. :D

• Like 1

There's a good bootleg video from the tour - one of Tapehead2's - of their MSG concert on April 10, 2011. Were you there ReGor?

You must've been very young. :) I enjoyed that bootleg very much. It was a very good show.

• Like 1

You must've been very young. :) I enjoyed that bootleg very much. It was a very good show.

Yeah, I was twelve. I'm not sure what was better—the show, or my mom letting me go out on a Sunday night! :LOL:

It was an amazing experience. Nothing compares to your first show. When The Spirit of Radio started and the crowd went ballistic, everything felt so (forgive the cliché) surreal. I'll always remember that night. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I was twelve. I'm not sure what was better—the show, or my mom letting me go out on a Sunday night! :LOL:

It was an amazing experience. Nothing compares to your first show. When The Spirit of Radio started and the crowd went ballistic, everything felt so (forgive the cliché) surreal. I'll always remember that night. :)

Have you ever seen the video bootleg of the show?

Have you ever seen the video bootleg of the show?

I watched some YouTube videos in the next few days—ahem, years—after the show, but I'm not sure I've ever seen the bootleg.