"We're Only Immortal For A Limited Time!" Artwork By My 15 Year Old Daughter! Critics Please Be Honest! Skylar Rocks!

RUSHHEAD666

Who does she get her talent from ?

:goodone:

Not me! LOL!

Well maybe. I did the "Grace Under Pressure" album cover in watercolor in high school and I won an award! Art Student Of The Year buddy! I did the "Power Windows" album cover too. I'm insane man. I did the 1984" album cover in pencil. I did the "Theatre Of Pain"album cover in crayon. 1986

My point is I'm 47 now and I haven't changed. Still in love with the same music.

Skylar is beyond me.

At least I did something right in my life. I have two incredible daughters.

Earl do your daughters know about TRF and your metal pals on here? And do they know you were banned from the Y&T forum!!?? Do they know you're a rebel?? :16ton:

Pat! Oh yes! They know all about the Rush Forum and they even know about YOU!

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Surely not me! :LOL:

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

They probably think we're all nuts! Do they believe in aliens too? :AlienSmiley:

Hahaha! Yep! They think we are all nuts! Yes they believe in aliens too!

I think a human being who doesn't believe in life from outer space is quite foolish.

Here is my simple philosophy about space.

So, our sun is a star. There an infinite number of stars in the universe. Now I am sure not ever star has a solar system but if you run the numbers there are still probably trillions of solar systems out there.

Now not every solar system is going to have a planet like Earth, but again if you run the numbers there could be say billions of Earth like planets out there. If man can build rockets to the moon and to Mars then there is no doubt that there are more advanced civilizations out there.

Of course aliens exist.

Is Area 51 a hoax Pat or do you believe it?

Not me! LOL!

Well maybe. I did the "Grace Under Pressure" album cover in watercolor in high school and I won an award! Art Student Of The Year buddy! I did the "Power Windows" album cover too. I'm insane man. I did the 1984" album cover in pencil. I did the "Theatre Of Pain"album cover in crayon. 1986

My point is I'm 47 now and I haven't changed. Still in love with the same music.

Skylar is beyond me.

Earl do your daughters know about TRF and your metal pals on here? And do they know you were banned from the Y&T forum!!?? Do they know you're a rebel?? :16ton:

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

They probably think we're all nuts! Do they believe in aliens too? :AlienSmiley:

I think a human being who doesn't believe in life from outer space is quite foolish.

So, our sun is a star. There an infinite number of stars in the universe. Now I am sure not ever star has a solar system but if you run the numbers there are still probably trillions of solar systems out there.

Now not every solar system is going to have a planet like Earth, but again if you run the numbers there could be say billions of Earth like planets out there. If man can build rockets to the moon and to Mars then there is no doubt that there are more advanced civilizations out there.

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Well there's obviously things the Government know about that they keep from the public, from technology to alien stuff. So yeah I'd say Area 51 is real or even if it's not then there's a real place like it with a different name.

• Like 1

Not me! LOL!

Skylar is beyond me.

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Well there's obviously things the Government know about that they keep from the public, from technology to alien stuff. So yeah I'd say Area 51 is real or even if it's not then there's a real place like it with a different name.

Yep! I agree buddy! The government has probably stolen technology from alien life forms. Mankind is advancing as such an accelerated rate. Just look at how far we have come in the last 78 years!!

Not me! LOL!

Skylar is beyond me.

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Yep! I agree buddy! The government has probably stolen technology from alien life forms. Mankind is advancing as such an accelerated rate. Just look at how far we have come in the last 78 years!!

Yeah but the space program has been a joke. The moon landings of nearly 50 years ago are still by far the greatest step into space so far. Once the political space race was over they pretty much abandoned a true drive into space. The space shuttle was just a NASA toy that was a dead end. Nowadays they talk about going to Mars in 2020 but now that 2020 is round the corner it'll be 2030 or 2040. I doubt we see any progress in our lifetime.

The thing is although we've got the internet and flashy phones these days they're not new inventions. All the latest innovations, and all the ones from the last 40 years or so have just been built on inventions that were conceived ages ago. Think about it, we still have jet aircraft, spacecraft still have rockets, we still have the same cars with combustion engines, houses and buildings are still basically the same, in fact old buildings seem to be more sought after. When was the last truly new invention that was big enogh to really change the paradigm? That's what we need to really go forward, some incredible all new inventions.

• Like 1

I am not a dead beat dad, I will do anything for my girls. My wife thinks I'm a crazy selfish music drummer Rush addict human! Ugh! TRUE! LOL!

Hey, you can be a crazy selfish music drummer Rush addict human and still be a good dad. And still be a good husband, too! There are women out there who appreciate that kind of thing, should you ever decide to abandon the single life.

Thanks Gina! I get it! You are awesome!

Thank you very much, kind sir!

• Like 1

Not me! LOL!

Skylar is beyond me.

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Yeah but the space program has been a joke. The moon landings of nearly 50 years ago are still by far the greatest step into space so far. Once the political space race was over they pretty much abandoned a true drive into space. The space shuttle was just a NASA toy that was a dead end. Nowadays they talk about going to Mars in 2020 but now that 2020 is round the corner it'll be 2030 or 2040. I doubt we see any progress in our lifetime.

The thing is although we've got the internet and flashy phones these days they're not new inventions. All the latest innovations, and all the ones from the last 40 years or so have just been built on inventions that were conceived ages ago. Think about it, we still have jet aircraft, spacecraft still have rockets, we still have the same cars with combustion engines, houses and buildings are still basically the same, in fact old buildings seem to be more sought after. When was the last truly new invention that was big enogh to really change the paradigm? That's what we need to really go forward, some incredible all new inventions.

Pat!!!!

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever read on here!! You fukking nailed it! I agree with you on everything!!

Some say the moon missions were faked just to pass up other countries. Ever see that movie with OJ Simpson called "Capricorn One?" Elliot Gould is in it also. It's one of my favorite films. They fake the Mars mission but the rocket blows up in space so they had to kill the astronauts out in some desert so the escape. Great movie.

I loved the NASA program but yeah it's dead. Eventually Pat do you think technology will reach it's zenith and stop or will these toys man has built will eventually evolve into something new and exciting?

So for instance Pat, what is your take on the Tesla automobile. Do you believe that eventually every car on the planet will be electric?

The oil companies will never let that happen right?

When will the world run out of oil Pat? It will end right?

Everything ends.

I am not a dead beat dad, I will do anything for my girls. My wife thinks I'm a crazy selfish music drummer Rush addict human! Ugh! TRUE! LOL!

Hey, you can be a crazy selfish music drummer Rush addict human and still be a good dad. And still be a good husband, too! There are women out there who appreciate that kind of thing, should you ever decide to abandon the single life.

Thanks Gina! I get it! You are awesome!

Thank you very much, kind sir!

Any time my dear! :)

Not me! LOL!

Skylar is beyond me.

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Pat!!!!

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever read on here!! You fukking nailed it! I agree with you on everything!!

Some say the moon missions were faked just to pass up other countries. Ever see that movie with OJ Simpson called "Capricorn One?" Elliot Gould is in it also. It's one of my favorite films. They fake the Mars mission but the rocket blows up in space so they had to kill the astronauts out in some desert so the escape. Great movie.

I loved the NASA program but yeah it's dead. Eventually Pat do you think technology will reach it's zenith and stop or will these toys man has built will eventually evolve into something new and exciting?

So for instance Pat, what is your take on the Tesla automobile. Do you believe that eventually every car on the planet will be electric?

Everything ends.

You know why they say the moon landings are faked? Or how they can even think it? Because it sticks out like a sore thumb with nothing but satellite launches before it and nothing but more satellite launches and shuttle launches after it plus a totally lame "space station" that is not much more than a tin can bath full of techie shit. It's like it doesn't add up. Why would they go all out to go to the moon and then forget the whole thing afterwards? Obviously they went but why no real follow up? If we could go the moon in 1969 why can't we go anywhere now?

No I think eventually someone will invent some new stuff that renders our current technology obsolete over night so much so that the big business boys and the cover up boys in black can't hold it back. It may well be several inventors that emerge at the same time all with different inventions that blow our current tech away.

I think the car companies and the oil companies have definitely suppressed technology that would represent direct competition. Why else would we still be using vehicles that are basically the same as ones we had 100 years ago.

• Like 1

I have my daughter this week so I already put her to work!

I asked her to draw a picture based on a lyric.

The first lyric that popped into my Rushhead was "We're only immortal for a limited time."

So she thought about it for a few minutes and went to work.

My good friend Gina is going to post it on here for me since I have no clue! I can't even take a photo from my iPhotos and put it on my Avatar.

Believe me I have tried.

Anyway Skylar is awesome and I am blessed! Thank God I took both of my daughters to New Mexico to see the first show of the Time Machine Tour!

RUSH ON!!!

Oh and please if you smoke cigarettes please stop.

See below........

January 29 is 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 2

Earl, the artwork is fantastic, and I would have expected nothing less - your daughter created a great image, just the same way as YOU create these great posts and your personality comes beaming thru !

The apples don't fall far from the tree, and Earl, we need more trees like you

Great stuff here

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Not me! LOL!

Skylar is beyond me.

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Pat!!!!

Everything ends.

You know why they say the moon landings are faked? Or how they can even think it? Because it sticks out like a sore thumb with nothing but satellite launches before it and nothing but more satellite launches and shuttle launches after it plus a totally lame "space station" that is not much more than a tin can bath full of techie shit. It's like it doesn't add up. Why would they go all out to go to the moon and then forget the whole thing afterwards? Obviously they went but why no real follow up? If we could go the moon in 1969 why can't we go anywhere now?

No I think eventually someone will invent some new stuff that renders our current technology obsolete over night so much so that the big business boys and the cover up boys in black can't hold it back. It may well be several inventors that emerge at the same time all with different inventions that blow our current tech away.

I think the car companies and the oil companies have definitely suppressed technology that would represent direct competition. Why else would we still be using vehicles that are basically the same as ones we had 100 years ago.

Damn dude you should write a book. Hell let's write a book together!! It will be called "2112 Reasons Why America Is Actually Losing The Tech Race." Germany is number one. Like their metal!!

Signed,

ACCEPT

• Like 1

Technology really increased at a very steady and rapid rate after 1947. Coincidentally right after a "weather balloon" crash landed in Roswell New Mexico.

I don't know why??? :AlienSmiley:

Hahaha! That's incredible! I never knew that!!! it was a so-called "weather balloon." LOL! Roswell NM? NEW MARTIAN! I prefer a Naked Martini.

• Like 1

Not me! LOL!

Skylar is beyond me.

"Rebel Rebel" buddy!

Hahaha! Oh yeah buddy!

Of course aliens exist.

Agreed Earl.

Pat!!!!

Everything ends.

Damn dude you should write a book. Hell let's write a book together!! It will be called "2112 Reasons Why America Is Actually Losing The Tech Race." Germany is number one. Like their metal!!

Signed,

ACCEPT

:LOL: Aye! :givebeer:

I have my daughter this week so I already put her to work!

I asked her to draw a picture based on a lyric.

The first lyric that popped into my Rushhead was "We're only immortal for a limited time."

So she thought about it for a few minutes and went to work.

My good friend Gina is going to post it on here for me since I have no clue! I can't even take a photo from my iPhotos and put it on my Avatar.

Believe me I have tried.

Anyway Skylar is awesome and I am blessed! Thank God I took both of my daughters to New Mexico to see the first show of the Time Machine Tour!

RUSH ON!!!

Oh and please if you smoke cigarettes please stop.

See below........

January 29 is 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob!! I am sooooooo happy for you! I think you told me in Reno but I suffer from CRS.

CAN'T REMEMBER SHIT!

Cheers!

Awesome artwork! If I ever start a band again, I'd like her to design my album covers!

You are awesome TM! I thought the same thing! If I ever got into a REAL BAND, and recorded an album I would have Skylar design it.

I mentioned your post to her after I took her home from a high school soccer game.

I told her that one of my buddies on the Rush Forum likes your sketch so much that he wants you to design his next album cover.

She looked up me and smiled yet pondered.

I then said you could design album art for a living.

She said "how much will I make a year?"

I said,

"easily six digits."

She said,

"I want to make millions."

Classic

• Like 2

Earl, the artwork is fantastic, and I would have expected nothing less - your daughter created a great image, just the same way as YOU create these great posts and your personality comes beaming thru !

The apples don't fall far from the tree, and Earl, we need more trees like you

Great stuff here

Lucas! WOW!!!!

I've been down tonight man! My life sucks right now but I will get it together. Your post has seriously brought me back up. Thank you my friend. Your words truly mean a lot.

I promise I won't cry.

Cheers!

I will tell Skylar about your post.

You know I'm Earl III. My dad is 78 and he is JR.

I've been hearing that my whole life about "the apples don't fall too far from the tree."

I am very lucky. My dad is like me. He is 18 years old too.

I guess we are a rare breed. I will leave the "insane" remarks to the masses of sheep who don't get my schtick.

You get me. For that I am humbled.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Awesome artwork! If I ever start a band again, I'd like her to design my album covers!

You are awesome TM! I thought the same thing! If I ever got into a REAL BAND, and recorded an album I would have Skylar design it.

I mentioned your post to her after I took her home from a high school soccer game.

I told her that one of my buddies on the Rush Forum likes your sketch so much that he wants you to design his next album cover.

I said,

"easily six digits."

She said,

Classic

Tell her you can't put a price on rock and roll! Rocking a cover is beyond price! Does she want to be the man or stick it to the man??

• Like 1

Looks pretty good, you must be proud.

Thanks Flex! I am beyond proud.

Hey you take what life gives you. Sometimes you can't do anything about the...... uh oh here it comes.... "CIRCUMSTANCES!"

Thank God or the stars above that I have my beautiful, intellectual, athletic daughters.

The are not damaged my my divorce.

They are strong.

I know I did a few things right in my life.

Raised my girls right and fell in love with Rush in 1980.

Joining this forum was a blessing too.

Seriously.

I'm a broken record but man this Forum is really helping me right now.

Oh no! "TEARS ARE FALLING!"

Signed,

KISS

I said,

"easily six digits."

She said,

Classic

Tell her you can't put a price on rock and roll! Rocking a cover is beyond price! Does she want to be the man or stick it to the man??

Hahahaha!!!! Amazing! She truly wants to BE THE MAN!!! So does Zoe my oldest. They will never rely on a man or marry a man for their money!!!

I love the first sentence to your post. I think it's either a new song or album title.

Perhaps a new Twisted Sister album?

"YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON ROCK 'N ROLL!"

I LOVE IT!

I said,

"easily six digits."

She said,

Classic

Hahahaha!!!! Amazing! She truly wants to BE THE MAN!!! So does Zoe my oldest. They will never rely on a man or marry a man for their money!!!

I love the first sentence to your post. I think it's either a new song or album title.

I LOVE IT!

How is that not already a song??

• Like 2

I said,

"easily six digits."

She said,

Classic

I LOVE IT!

How is that not already a song??

I know right??? WOW!! I am going to take a shot of Fireball Whiskey and write it tonight.

I will email the lyrics to Dee Snider. LOL!

• Like 1

She did a good job. If you're asking for criticism I'd say she could have spent more time shading to give more contrast but it's a good job. I like the ghostly face in the smoke
  • Like 1