Still believe?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is The X Files still a viable Sci Fi vehicle

• Uhh yeah
    • Oh hell no
    • Scully then
    • Scully now
    • Scully anytime

oh yeah gonna rename you djfleX-files lol and Scully DOES look good. I had no idea she was playing a psych in........ Chicago Fire maybe? Just forgot damn that redhead she did it again LOL

Anderson's not really that old. The original show happened ages ago now but she was only 24 or 25 when it debuted. Last time I saw her was in Last King of Scotland...and she looked just as pretty and smart as ever in that.

She's 47 and he's 55.

Yeah. Gillian was only 24/25 when the show started. She's younger than most people think. Originally, Scully was supposed to be played by someone a little bit older. Didn't she lie about her age when she auditioned? I think I remember an interview with her where she said that she claimed to be 27 or 28 at the time.

Yeah. Gillian was only 24/25 when the show started. She's younger than most people think. Originally, Scully was supposed to be played by someone a little bit older. Didn't she lie about her age when she auditioned? I think I remember an interview with her where she said that she claimed to be 27 or 28 at the time.

Yeah she said she told everyone she was 27.

I'm a little disappointed that it looks like the new episodes are using an alien story line. As much as I loved the alien conspiracy episodes early on in the series, I can't help but think that they ended up going nowhere between the original series and the movies. I would have preferred that they did a more "Tooms" like monster mini-series.

I'm a little disappointed that it looks like the new episodes are using an alien story line. As much as I loved the alien conspiracy episodes early on in the series, I can't help but think that they ended up going nowhere between the original series and the movies. I would have preferred that they did a more "Tooms" like monster mini-series.

Only two of the eps are mythology based (alien storyline). The other 4 are not.

Well that's a relief.

• Like 1

Well that's a relief.

I would imagine what you're seeing is probably the stills from the first episode. I believe it's the first and last episodes that are the mythology ones

Tonight is the first episode at 10 EST. Then tomorrow at eight EST is the second episode. Hope everyone's going to watch! Can't wait.

What the Hell Fox??????? I DVR'd X-files and all i get is a damn NFL post blowout game program???? Epic Fail Fox - Way to start a long awaited return :wtf: Edited by alphseeker

What the Hell Fox??????? I DVR'd X-files and all i get is a damn NFL post blowout game program???? Epic Fail Fox - Way to start a long awaited return :wtf:

Yeah, my recording of the show got screwed up because of the game too. I get what Fox was trying to do here though. But NFL games, especially playoff ones don't exactly have a predictable end time. Adding in the post game stuff really messes things up.

Luckily this is 2016 and there are other ways to watch something when there's a DVR goof up.

What the Hell Fox??????? I DVR'd X-files and all i get is a damn NFL post blowout game program???? Epic Fail Fox - Way to start a long awaited return :wtf:

Yeah, my recording of the show got screwed up because of the game too. I get what Fox was trying to do here though. But NFL games, especially playoff ones don't exactly have a predictable end time. Adding in the post game stuff really messes things up.

Luckily this is 2016 and there are other ways to watch something when there's a DVR goof up.

No problem catching it later but Fox Producers new this was going to happen they should have originally gone with a 9;00 pm pacific / 6:00 pm Eastern start -

All me, my son, and his buddies did was post shit on Facebook about the wait. the NFL, Erin Andrews... THEN posted stuff about the ep. I liked this.....sharing X files with my 30 yr old son
  • Like 3

Couple surprise guest stars...the actress Her big brown eyes from Dead Like Me...Christine Willes as Scully's hospital boss, and Rebecca Wisocky from of all things Devious Maids..

Good one...touching when they reminisced about what could have been with William

• Like 1

No problem catching it later but Fox Producers new this was going to happen they should have originally gone with a 9;00 pm pacific / 6:00 pm Eastern start -

I honestly don't think they needed the NFL lead in for the show to get good numbers. They should have just started it on Monday. After all the post game stuff, the debut was probably on too late for a lot of people to watch live anyways. I get using the NFL as a lead in to try and get people to watch a brand new show but the strategy here was a bad one.

• Like 2

Couple surprise guest stars...the actress Her big brown eyes from Dead Like Me...Christine Willes as Scully's hospital boss, and Rebecca Wisocky from of all things Devious Maids..

Good one...touching when they reminisced about what could have been with William

I thought the William dreams were so heart wrenching. Especially Mulder imagining him being abducted like Samantha, his worst fear. The rest of the second ep was great too. Full of lots of gross out moments that the series is known for.

• Like 1

I thought the William dreams were so heart wrenching. Especially Mulder imagining him being abducted like Samantha, his worst fear. The rest of the second ep was great too. Full of lots of gross out moments that the series is known for.

YES right on.... I guess I didn't want to admit it but heart wrenching is a perfect way to describe it. Especially if you can personalize them.....not the abduction lol

• Like 1

Agreed

I did kinda like the swapping of the"thing" turning into a man due to a man bite from a serial killer....but welllllllll

Considering there ARE only six episodes, seems as if the characters know this is a short term thing for them too...especially that whole scene tonight

with Mulder asking Scully You miss this shit dontcha LOL I know we do. And what X Phile DIDN'T have the theme song as their ring tone??

For me, when that theme song comes on....it's 1994 again, Sunday night and Bobby's being put to bed for school tomorroww, and my first wife is hurrying back in to

the living room to ask me if my weird show is on again? Then hunkers down with me and a bowl of whatever.... :dweez: :scared: :AlienSmiley: :pizza: :smoke: :o

Now? My wife says oh!! going upstairs!! I can't stand this weird shit!!!

• Like 1