Rush Hard Drive

MusicHead

I recently received the Rush HD from BluesChica and am kind of oblivious as to what I need to do with it. I took some time off from the board a while back when I imagine this device was making its earlier rounds. Could someone please bring me up to speed concerning it? Thanks, MusicHead.
  • Like 1

go out and buy a equivalent HD and copy from one to another and mail to the next person!!

P.S.

This is in the wrong section. There is a Different Stages sections that has the HD thread

MusicHead, I think you will need to buy a 3 (or 4) TB hard drive to transfer everything on the Rush hard drive onto. That is, if you want all of the bootlegs.

If you don't want to save any of the bootlegs for yourself, contact the next person on the list and ship off what Chica sent to you to that person.

I recently received the Rush HD from BluesChica and am kind of oblivious as to what I need to do with it. I took some time off from the board a while back when I imagine this device was making its earlier rounds. Could someone please bring me up to speed concerning it? Thanks, MusicHead.

Ok , here are some directions, If they are too explicit just make a face at me :P I am used to giving very detailed instructions because my family seems to need them . . :D I was thinking of putting them in with the drive, I'm sorry I didn't do that. I will repost the directions in the HD drive thread as well.

1. You will need a place to store the files that are on the drive. Gord 0912 figured out the total amounts- Audio- 1.52 TB Video- 1.13 TB Those are Terabytes; 1000 x 1 GB. So if you want everything most likely you will need to get an external HD. I got a refurbished 3 TB one for $ 84.00 at Amazon and everything fit on it. If you don't want everything, you could get something smaller or even a large thumb drive (see #2.)

2. Once you open the main audio or video file, each video and audio is then on the drive as a separate file, with the date listed. You can see the dates and titles of the files on pg. 54 of the "Ext. HD VINE is here" thread. If you are a discerning consumer you could read through some of the threads on "Different Stages" and see what bootlegs are people's favorites and thought to be the best; you can also read reviews of bootlegs by date or title on the Digital Rush Experience website. Maybe you only want some of the files and could get away with a smaller drive or like 64 GB thumb drive. I should have thought of that while I was waiting; I really am not interested in any video; only some audio and so could have gotten something smaller and cheaper but hey it will be fun to explore.

3. When you open the box, you will see the large black external HD, and two cords. One cord has a round jack on the end and a plug on the other, that is the power cord. Plug the round jack in the hole on the back of the drive that says "DC in." Plug the other end into power source. The second cord is the USB 3 cord, plug the m-shaped bracket into the back of the drive and the USB end into the USB port on your computer. The drive should start to hum and a light goes on inside it.

4. Then attach your storage thing you bought, power cord from it to power source and USB cord from storage thing to another USB port on your computer.

5. Both drives should show up on your computer screen, on my Mac they showed up in my "Devices" folder. The Rush one is called (from what I remember) "WD 4.0 TB HD" or similar. Yours would be whatever you called it. When you click on the Rush one, you will see 4 (I think) files- Rush video, Rush audio and two .exe files. The Rush ones are what they say; I couldn't open the .exe ones because I have a Mac but one is "Trader's little helper", an app you will need to convert the sound files (see # 7 below!)

6. You can drag the entire Video or Audio large file to your device to copy OR you can open the file and drag individual files to copy if you want to. The Rush Drive runs USB 3.0 but it will work with USB 2.0 also. Either way, USB 3 or 2; it takes several hours to copy each of the large files.

7. Congrats, now all the files are on your device! Will they play?? All of the sound files are FLAC or shn! It will help you at this point to read the pinned thread- "File Types you May Encounter." FLAC or shn (older) are the way sound files are traded to keep them sounding good. There are players for Windows in that "File Type" thread, or you can use a converter app like "Traders Little Helper" (Windows) or xACT (Mac) to convert them into WAV files. (choose decode from the xACT menu and drag in your file.) WAV files will play in Windows Media player or iTunes; in iTunes you just drag them in, then you can make a playlist and burn a disc, put them on your iPod or whatever.

8. All the video files are VOB/BUP/IFO !! Same thing as #7. These are how DVD video files are shared. You need some type of software DVD playing app in your computer; my husband is telling me VLC is a free app that should work for everyone but I have not tried this part yet. I haven't burned any DVD's either but any other questions, just ask. :P

Edited by blueschica