Narcissism In Rush Songs

ouchithurts

Are there any Rush songs which are about or touch on Narcissism? I am pretty sure Superconductor does, but any others?

My wife of 18 years is leaving me because she thinks I am one.

PURE BULLSHIT. However taking her to over 25 Rush shows was also a deal breaker. Ironically she never told me NO I DON'T WANT TO GO.

So thanks Rush! I lost my wife because of my narcissistic addiction to Rush and rock and roll.

Of course it's not any band's fault. It's mine. It will be my cross to bear until the day I die.

I'm fine. I have no regrets.

• Like 1

Are there any Rush songs which are about or touch on Narcissism? I am pretty sure Superconductor does, but any others?

PURE BULLSHIT. However taking her to over 25 Rush shows was also a deal breaker. Ironically she never told me NO I DON'T WANT TO GO.

So thanks Rush! I lost my wife because of my narcissistic addiction to Rush and rock and roll.

Of course it's not any band's fault. It's mine. It will be my cross to bear until the day I die.

Damn

Earl, I am sorry to hear

I've been thru it with fiancés and girlfriends, and at the time, it seems devastating

But I swear, in all truth, I can sit here and say that I am thankful and happy that I am with none of them - stop beating yourself up

Each time a person dies inside, they can return closer to the person they were originally supposed to be

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I am beating myself up. You are totally cool man. Guess I'm easy to figure out despite writing strange threads and polls.

It keeps me going.

Rush is gone too. It's a really bad year for me but I will not succumb to the darkness.

I am hoping for some light. Just not sure when it will break through.

Cheers!

Damn

Earl, I am sorry to hear

I've been thru it with fiancés and girlfriends, and at the time, it seems devastating

But I swear, in all truth, I can sit here and say that I am thankful and happy that I am with none of them - stop beating yourself up

Each time a person dies inside, they can return closer to the person they were originally supposed to be

Thank you my friend. I don't care that I type about my personal stuff on a public forum. It's really not that bad. I will live and survive like everyone with a broken heart.

I'm watching that Brian Wilson movie right now with Cusack. It's incredible. "God Only Knows" really has hit me hard right now.