Let the rumor mill begin. I heard................

LocalsBandGuy

Got no problem with with By-Tor but anybody else think thats gonna be hard vocally for him? It sounded great on VT/R30 but now I don't know. Having said that I was so happy with the encore selection and not to get all whiny but understandably the Ged of 70s sounds much different than now. Wasn't crazy about having What Your Doing slow down. Thats one of the highlights of the song when they go through that scale type riff really fast. Edited by mrfriendly

As long as they do the Tulsa Set list in Tampa I will be thrilled!!! They don't have to change a thing I still am in shock and abuzz and I was not even in Tulsa, umm physically that is :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Very concerned about Jacobs Ladder. To almost never play it (although according to Geddy that was the first time they played it??)

then rotate it out? At least with Xanadu, it's been played on a few tours, although I'd hate to miss that or Cygnus as well.

• Like 1

At this point I don't think you can really predict what set you will get at any show clearly shows they want to go out shaking things up doing the unpredictable. They were pretty safe before. Hell, there was even cursing at a Rush show which I thought I would never see!

Looks like each set has three different versions. i.e... 1A,1B,1C + 2A, 2B, 2C. So they could do different variations of that like 1A + 2C one night then 1B + 2A the next.

I was there and I can tell you that the positivity about the set list kicked in when they got to Distant Early Warning and Subdivisions. Before that other than the excitement of the opener and strength of Clockwork Angels, people were not feeling "overly positive" as one poster put above. The rap in roll the bones was a pleasant surprise and put a fresh twist on things. But if their plans are to truly rotate Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu with Natural Science and The Camera Eye....then Houston we have a problem.

The first set needs work. Main Monkey Business, Anarchist, One Little Victory need to go for good. I love Animate but would have preferred Double Agent or Cold Fire instead from CP.

Good assessment, I agree on the songs from the 1st setlist could use some tweaking 5 new songs from the last two tours isn't needed, not much tweaking needed from the 2nd though no changes and I would be fine. I do like the newer songs a lot and never have seen them live so I'm not complaining much if it stands as it is. If I had my choice though I'd replace OLV with 'Earthshine' from Vapor Trails, Would love to hear them do songs from every album. If they played one from Presto it would be nice if they went deep to a track they haven't played live like 'Chain Lightning' with its quirky guitar solo or 'Anagram' with the great drum rolls. Also playing a deeper cut from HYF like 'Prime Mover' or 'Lock and Key' because Force 10 and Time Stands Still have been played a lot live over the years.

Edited by dwtime

Yes just realized this gives them the chance to hit every album this tour and not just do a snippet or medley for songs.

We know PW will get Big Money - hopefully thats it because last tour basically was Power Windows

HYF - force 10 had a video from what I remember so doubt that shows up, - time stand still to hard to sing, maybe Mission? Turn the Page?

Presto - has got to be Show Don't Tell but then again there is a video for that usually, they may be safe and just stick with The Pass

T4E - Limbo could easily be the replacement song for MMB as instrumental; if they want to swap with a VT song - don't kill me but T4E or even Virtuality works, I know people hate the lyrics for virtuality but its a killer riff that really would keep up the energy, wouldn't want Driven its been done

VT- yes Earthshine is rocking and would make sense but again played a couple tours, this would be a great place to hit some tracks not done for VT tour which was a lot - Peaceable Kingdom? Vapor Trail? Stars Look Down?

I'm highly doubting Kid Gloves or Red Lenses but we'll see. The way the first set plays out it was nothing but hits and I hardly doubt that will change much.

Edited by mrfriendly

They have AFWTK pretty much covered with 'Xanadu' and 'Cygnus', so as much as I think CTTH is a great Rush staple my only 2nd set tweak would be to replace that with another song from Signals like 'Chemistry' or go all in and rip through 'Countdown' taking all that background NASA noise out.