Specifics of show.. your input please

GeminiRising79

Ged used three different Rickenbackers: the classic black one on Tom Sawyer, the double neck, and one I didn't recognize--the top part that juts forward over the neck was rounded instead of squared off.

Geddy played two Rickenbackers. Tom Sawyer was recorded on Jazz bass and is played on a Jazz bass. It's his black pawn shop one. It used to be his primary. He use the Double Neck for Xanadu and his original blue one for Red Barchetta (the original bass used for that song)

He also played two different Thunderbirds, one was the upside down style, can't remembery the specific name. He also played a Gibson Les Paul bass for Distant Early Warning. Surprisingly he played with 2 different Precision basses too.

Actually Geddy played 3 different Rickeys'

The black 4001 and then there was a red 4003 (I think?) and then the red doubleneck.

Just went back to my twitter feed to confirm it.. the red Rickey was on CTTH.

Thanks totally forgot about that. Probably the most boring song in the second set, still a great song live!!! Just the weakest of the whole set in my opinion. But that bass is really interesting. Just wanted to point the Jazz was is has and should always be used for Tom Sawyer.

Is the Rick used on Red Barchetta really black? I swore it was the blue one.

I was on Alex's side so I didn't get a great view of it during Barchetta but it certainly appeared to be his original black 4001.

However I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Ged used three different Rickenbackers: the classic black one on Tom Sawyer, the double neck, and one I didn't recognize--the top part that juts forward over the neck was rounded instead of squared off.

He also played a Gibson Les Paul bass for Distant Early Warning.

I was waiting for a Hofner to show up. That was a Les Paul bass eh? Hmmmm

It was definitely a les Paul bass body. But I actually don't know if Gibson manufactured it. I thought all the different basses were kind of weird. And I think it caused some of the tone imbalances between each son. Nothing to noticeable. It was just for the first few seconds of some song. Although I must say that Les Paul surprised me, the tone was crazy good. Sounded awesome for Distant Early Warning

Edited by kentpilot

I don't know model numbers, but Ged played this black (not blue) Ric:

http://c1.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/rotate,45/4003JG-f95b6f7eb12de6cbec321d8025c60bd3.jpg

and a reddish one something like this:

http://www.halkans.com/images/rickenbacker111.jpg

Geddy played two Rickenbackers. Tom Sawyer was recorded on Jazz bass and is played on a Jazz bass. It's his black pawn shop one. It used to be his primary. He use the Double Neck for Xanadu and his original blue one for Red Barchetta (the original bass used for that song)

He also played two different Thunderbirds, one was the upside down style, can't remembery the specific name. He also played a Gibson Les Paul bass for Distant Early Warning. Surprisingly he played with 2 different Precision basses too.

Actually Geddy played 3 different Rickeys'

The black 4001 and then there was a red 4003 (I think?) and then the red doubleneck.

Just went back to my twitter feed to confirm it.. the red Rickey was on CTTH.

Were any of these Rickeys original from early years?