POINTLESS POLL 5! Tom Sawyer vs. Subdivisions

Segue Myles

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two well established Rush classics is the best?

I have never really appreciated Subdivisions. Like, I wish I did but I often blame it on having been really popular at school for the remainder of my High School years, so cliques, or "Subdivisions" went right over my head...and in all honesty, school is all I can think to compare this song to. It just doesn't connect with me, and this song has such an important meaning, if it doesn't connect I cannot say I find much else to reel me in, as musically this reminds me of Big Money: I just don't quite get it...(I prefer Big Money).

Subdivisions maybe was the song that really drew me into Rush. I had the opportunity to see them play it (R30 tour) in rhe same building (Concord, Ca) that I had my high school graduation and damn if the song didnt bring me to tears. I dont know if it was about popularity or not as much as it is to me about the restless dreams of youth and about some oft he rough times I went thru growing up. Really just feeling trapped in an antiseptic enviornment with not a lot of artistic freedom or hope.

Tom Saywer is still probably the quintessential Rush song and when one brings up Rush I think that is the song people think of. It does kind of capture the pure essence of the band.

Toss up but Ill to Subdivions for the sentimental value.

• Like 1

I love this Pointless polls :heart: ...that IS the Point!

Shall I continue them?

It's the first of two being the same ones. I haven't, and didn't vote.