The Worst - Round Fifteen

Lorraine

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Test For Echo?

In an album of lyrical diarrhea, I'll go with the worst explosion. Half the World.

I actually like Half The World, but the way you described the lyrics made me :rfl:

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

Records by great bands with little effort.

The saddest part of T4E is that I think an awful lot of work went into this album, but lyrically, I reckon Neil was simply going through either the motions, or a woefully inadequate experimental phase.

I don't agree with that at all, I think Neil puts his thoughts down in a book, and when the time comes, they discuss what they want, he pulls things out, and he and Geddy toss things back and forth, until they come up with the lyrics to the particular thought process of the song.

I'd buy that if he started with a clean slate every time they do a new album (although I DO think CA is an exception in some aspects because it was a theme) but for T4E, I just think they did the usual lyric thing they do album to album. And you either like them or you don't.

• Like 1

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

Records by great bands with little effort.

The saddest part of T4E is that I think an awful lot of work went into this album, but lyrically, I reckon Neil was simply going through either the motions, or a woefully inadequate experimental phase.

I don't agree with that at all, I think Neil puts his thoughts down in a book, and when the time comes, they discuss what they want, he pulls things out, and he and Geddy toss things back and forth, until they come up with the lyrics to the particular thought process of the song.

I'd buy that if he started with a clean slate every time they do a new album (although I DO think CA is an exception in some aspects because it was a theme) but for T4E, I just think they did the usual lyric thing they do album to album. And you either like them or you don't.

I thought that CP was the lyrical experimentation stage. They hadn't written any love songs so they said, hey, let's do an album on that idea? What could go wrong?