A STYX Masterpiece Or As Duck Would Say A STYNX Piece Of Crap: "PARADISE THEATER"

RUSHHEAD666

I really like Paradise Theatre. In fact, I like a lot of Styx albums. They did some really good stuff.

No wonder we are such good friends! Again, I love your AVATAR!!

TOWER!

Styx and Angel both RULE!

"On Earth As It Is On Heaven" is a great fuckking record. I love the well, album art. LOL

• Like 2

I still love all of the Wooden Nickel Styx stuff. Also the next six A&M Records releases. Sorry. I grew up with that shit.

I love STYNX

My new band is called LYNXX

I LOVE THE WOODEN NICKEL STUFF DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paradise Theater is one of my favourite pop albums in the whole world! I recently bought it on vinyl as well, there just is no limit to how much love Styx can get from me.

Top five Styx albums:

1. Paradise Theater

2. Styx

3. Pieces Of Eight

4. The Grand Illusion

5. Styx II

• Like 1

I love Styx, they're one of my favorite prog bands and they still kick ass today live but I really gotta say, Tommy Shaw and Dennis DeYoung almost put Van Halen's drama to shame.

In the end I feel, like Tommy Shaw got what he ultimately wanted, he wanted full creative control in Styx and basically turned the other guys in the band against Dennis.

• Like 1

I love Paradise Theatre! It might be a bit cheese-tastic at times, but that's the wonder of Dennis DeYoung. :) And how can you not love that note he holds as the guitars come when when "Rockin The Paradise!" starts.

Also, for a while (not years but not days :) ) I had one of the etched vinyl copies of Paradise Theatre I'd bought used, but I didn't realize what it was until I caught it in the light one day. I thought it had water damage or something on the vinyl.

http://spookyshobbyshop.com/STYX%20Paradise%20Theater%20LP%20Vinyl%20Record%20Album_2.JPG

• Like 1

I love Paradise Theatre! It might be a bit cheese-tastic at times, but that's the wonder of Dennis DeYoung. :) And how can you not love that note he holds as the guitars come when when "Rockin The Paradise!" starts.

Also, for a while (not years but not days :) ) I had one of the etched vinyl copies of Paradise Theatre I'd bought used, but I didn't realize what it was until I caught it in the light one day. I thought it had water damage or something on the vinyl.

http://spookyshobbyshop.com/STYX%20Paradise%20Theater%20LP%20Vinyl%20Record%20Album_2.JPG

I have that vinyl! Sadly cracked but meh...should been more careful when I boght it on ebay

• Like 2

I really like Paradise Theatre. In fact, I like a lot of Styx albums. They did some really good stuff.

You like alot of Styx albums only because you have good taste. They had a really good run there for a while. I enjoy Paradise Theater for sure. The Grand Illusion is a wee bit better in my opinion but not much... :codger:
  • Like 3

You like alot of Styx albums only because you have good taste. They had a really good run there for a while. I enjoy Paradise Theater for sure. The Grand Illusion is a wee bit better in my opinion but not much... :codger:

I actually like Pieces Of Eight more than The Grand Illusion, it has my favourite Styx rocker: The Great White Hope.

I am playing Kilroy Was Here right now. They took the sound of Paradise Theater, and tried to force a badass concept into the music.

Bad, stupid, stinky idea. It sounds like robotic calypso metal.

Not sure if I should love it or flush it down the plughole.

I actually like Pieces Of Eight more than The Grand Illusion, it has my favourite Styx rocker: The Great White Hope.

I am playing Kilroy Was Here right now. They took the sound of Paradise Theater, and tried to force a badass concept into the music.

I have Pieces Of Eight also and enjoy it as well...
  • Like 2

I have Pieces Of Eight also and enjoy it as well...

I always think of these two albums as a double album. Both share such a similar style, and consistency.

Can I just say...I am persevering through Kilroy Was Here as I type, coming to the end of Kilroy Was Here, and am practically in tears.

I would rather be burned as a heretic than listen to this album. I am just desperate to find ONE good song.

Something this painful to endure must have at least one redeeming feature. When Rush fans diss on Presto, they should be grateful they didn't crash and burn with a disaster such as this tripe.

Sorry, I disrespected tripe. I don't mean to offend the stomach of a sheep. At least that has some nutritional value.

This album is like drinking a pint of cyanide and glitter. In all honesty, the concept of me drinking cyanide and glitter would make for a far more interesting concept.

I HATE THIS ALBUM

Somke decent guitarwork is wasted on this album.

Paradise Theater was such a fantastic album, why did they let this happen? Why did their label not drop them and sue them for aural harassment? Why could the world not have ended the day before its release?

Edited by Segue Myles

Grand Illusion through Paradise Theatre are all incredible albums. I can't stand Kilroy. Their early work is sometimes interesting, and I sometimes forget they had such a lengthy career pre-Grand Illusion (six albums!).
  • Like 1

Grand Illusion through Paradise Theatre are all incredible albums. I can't stand Kilroy. Their early work is sometimes interesting, and I sometimes forget they had such a lengthy career pre-Grand Illusion (six albums!).

I just love the wooden nickel era, but I think it is mainly down to all the raw, experimental charm of the new band! The energy I find to be infectious!

• Like 1

I have that vinyl! Sadly cracked but meh...should been more careful when I boght it on ebay

Is that logo really on there? :)

• Like 2

http://youtu.be/adOITE1IOmw

Yes! They did it with lasers or something. I don't know how, actually, but it was like a hologram in the light.

Yup! I love whipping mine out and staring at it.

Sad I cannot play it, coz it has a big split down the edge.

I still love all of the Wooden Nickel Styx stuff. Also the next six A&M Records releases. Sorry. I grew up with that shit.

I love STYNX

My new band is called LYNXX

I LOVE THE WOODEN NICKEL STUFF DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paradise Theater is one of my favourite pop albums in the whole world! I recently bought it on vinyl as well, there just is no limit to how much love Styx can get from me.

Top five Styx albums:

1. Paradise Theater

2. Styx

3. Pieces Of Eight

4. The Grand Illusion

5. Styx II

Here's a good one from the Wooden Nickel years.

• Like 2

http://youtu.be/adOITE1IOmw

Guys! I went into my garage last night and found my vinyl copy of "Paradise Theater!" I showed both my girls the the laser etching on the vinyl!

They didn't care!

Well I love it!

This album never gets old!

• Like 1

That's amazing. I've never seen laser etching on a record before.

• Like 1

Earl, my dear, I think I'm confused. Have you gone from "I love STYX" to "I hate STYNX"? :unsure:

:)

Or have I clawed my way up the wrong tree?

:P

Haha! Sorry Baby! I think I confused you! I LOVE STYX! I wrote the title of the thread with STYNX in it because Ducky doesn't like this band at all!

Here's something random for ya!

"Kitten's Got Claws"

Love,

WHITESNAKE

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1