Van Halen announces 2015 tour

fraroc

Just a friendly reminder that Van Halen fan status is revoked if you begin to incessantly whine about how Van Halen is no longer good or how David Lee Roth sucks :)

Do we get a plaque or something?

I think Dave is fine. Not great, but having DLR as their front man this tour would not prevent me from seeing VH live, which I am.
  • Like 1

I wish they would have put another studio album out before this tour, but I'm gonna still see it. However, this is the first time, in like ever, I'm only paying for lawn seats. I dropped a shit load on up-front Rush tickets because they deliver every time. When I saw VH on their last outing Dave put a lot less into his delivery than back in '07 and the sound as a whole wasn't great. I still gotta see the 'Halen Bros. tear it up. Hopefully Roth can get through a 110 minute set outdoors in July.

I was at the Hollywood Blvd. show last March. We got there later than most and ended up as far back as possible. We decided to walk down the sidewalk and find a closer spot and found one about 100ft away. We could only see them from the waste up, but it was good and loud. The band jam on Panama take #1 (While Dave was getting patched up)was worth the 30mi trip from Orange County. Dave vocals on Hot for Teacher were very cool. He hit some good highs here and there. He's still a great frontman. They played eight songs. The last time I saw them was in the late seventies.

Panama 1 & 2 -

There tickets are too expensive so I probably won't go to the show. Maybe a lawn seat.

I saw them a couple years ago here in Tulsa, it was my first time seeing them (been a fan for years) and they were great! I can't remember the exact details but DLR was telling a story and he saw a young girl within the first couple rows laughing and he said to her 'Oh I wouldn't be laughing I might be your father!' The arena turned off the AC before they came onstage. Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1