The Official Alan Parsons Project Thread: "I Robot" YOU HUMAN! PROG LIGHT GENIUS!

RUSHHEAD666

Wow! Two albums I never fell in love with but I do dig them. Nice picks buddy! I prefer the older shit.

Ammonia Avenue is the last great APP album!

The title track about religion and spirituality was way ahead of its time.

"And who are we to critizice or scorn the things that they do?"

Eric was never a Dylan on lyrics but this time he got it bullseye, and 20 years in advance.

AA gave me nothing but I did like it. "Eye In The Sky" was it for me.

I know there are a few threads on here based on the works of Alan Parsons but this guy and his band need an official thread.

Ok so I know after "Eye In The Sky" they went totally POP! But the first six albums should be owned by everyone one of you who reads this!!!

"Eye In The Sky" was my first album by Alan Parsons and I was hooked back in 1982! I was only 14 years old!

Of course back then all I could do was go backwards and get the other five albums from the past!

They are all EPIC! The production is perfect! Gee I wonder why "Dark Side Of The Moon" sounded so good? Well Alan was the engineer!!!!

You guys love your prog stuff so do yourselves a favor and go out and get the first six Alan Parsons Project records!!!

The song "Old And Wise" which is the last track on "Eye In The Sky" is going to be a song played at my funeral.

It says it all kids.

I was lucky enough to see the Alan Parsons Project a few years ago at Yoshi's in San Francisco. I was able to meet Alan after the show. He was totally cool!

Cheers!

Great post. Last year, I had the privilege to pick up the entire remastered APP box set on Amazon. I have to be in the proper frame of mind to enjoy the older stuff like Eve, Turn of a Friendly Card, and Tales of Mystery and Imagination.

• Like 1

I know there are a few threads on here based on the works of Alan Parsons but this guy and his band need an official thread.

Ok so I know after "Eye In The Sky" they went totally POP! But the first six albums should be owned by everyone one of you who reads this!!!

"Eye In The Sky" was my first album by Alan Parsons and I was hooked back in 1982! I was only 14 years old!

Of course back then all I could do was go backwards and get the other five albums from the past!

They are all EPIC! The production is perfect! Gee I wonder why "Dark Side Of The Moon" sounded so good? Well Alan was the engineer!!!!

You guys love your prog stuff so do yourselves a favor and go out and get the first six Alan Parsons Project records!!!

The song "Old And Wise" which is the last track on "Eye In The Sky" is going to be a song played at my funeral.

It says it all kids.

I was lucky enough to see the Alan Parsons Project a few years ago at Yoshi's in San Francisco. I was able to meet Alan after the show. He was totally cool!

Cheers!

Great post. Last year, I had the privilege to pick up the entire remastered APP box set on Amazon. I have to be in the proper frame of mind to enjoy the older stuff like Eve, Turn of a Friendly Card, and Tales of Mystery and Imagination.

Thanks! A box set?? I must get it!!

I remember way back in the early 80's when we'd feel like getting really wasted, and zoning out...but didn't feel like Pink Floyd we pulled out some Alan Parsons, stuff! We always thought it was KIND of close, but had a different spin.

Turn of a Friendly Card is probably one of my favorite albums to veg out to!

Heck, we used Tales of Mystery and Imagination as the music for an indoor marching percussion ensemble I taught back in the mid 80's...I wish I had a copy of the tape of that show...some of the mallet percussion parts were off the charts! (we had a few really talented kids playing that year)

• Like 2

I remember way back in the early 80's when we'd feel like getting really wasted, and zoning out...but didn't feel like Pink Floyd we pulled out some Alan Parsons, stuff! We always thought it was KIND of close, but had a different spin.

Turn of a Friendly Card is probably one of my favorite albums to veg out to!

Heck, we used Tales of Mystery and Imagination as the music for an indoor marching percussion ensemble I taught back in the mid 80's...I wish I had a copy of the tape of that show...some of the mallet percussion parts were off the charts! (we had a few really talented kids playing that year)

That is so awesome!

When i saw Alan Parsons Project they played "The Turn Of A Friendly Card" all the way through!!

EPIC!

"In the Lap of the Gods" is probably APP's best instrumental ever. Nice choice!

My favourite albums are Turn of... and Ammonia Avenue. That's it, I said it.

Good to see you around. :cheers:

• Like 2

Yeah my brother! I have a lot going on but I also have some things I'd like to post here so, hope it all goes well...

• Like 2

Yeah my brother! I have a lot going on but I also have some things I'd like to post here so, hope it all goes well...

Come on HPL!!! Keep this thread alive! POST!!! APP RULES! Hey does APP have an APP? LOL

Alright I've totally missed out on this band, but that's about to change! I've been listening on youtube and that's it I'm getting the 10 CD box set and that's a fact! This is cool! :zalice:

I am interested now!

Alright I've totally missed out on this band, but that's about to change! I've been listening on youtube and that's it I'm getting the 10 CD box set and that's a fact! This is cool! :zalice:

I am interested now!

Aye!