Wedding Planner

Dweezil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 7 2005, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (pixey @ Aug 7 2005, 09:27 PM)
Hey Dweez, I know some links that have gothic inspired wedding dreses, they come in all different styles and are awesome! Plan on spending anywhere from 100 to 500 though on those dresses. However you can look on EBAY. They have alot of new merchandise.
I know of a wedding planner site, trying to remember it too. Also, they are guides too different places all over the world if you dont feel comfortable asking. I can find those out too.
I love England though I never been there and I know of some sites around that area that would be great for an outside wedding. If that would interest you! I have always wanted to visit and I love the history of the country.

THat would be great Pixey. Hopefully you and Freak can attend?

We mostly want peeps to have a good time. So it's nothing formal.

So what we're mostly interested in is a place to have a party after that's cheap enough and more like a big BBQ or something than a huge formal dance hall doomahickey?

I have a bit of time to surf, so will look as well. It helps to have an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing laugh.gif So any pointers and help is appreciated. 1022.gif

I've seen those goth dresses, and well, they're dresses? laugh.gif No offense to peeps that dig dresses, but I feel uncomfortable in them. And why be uncomfortable that day right? laugh.gif

I have a sewing machine so may be able to get some cheap pants and convert them into bondage pants which is what I'd really like to wear. But will that look stupid if Huck's wearing dress pants? confused13.gif

Seriously, I don't get out much so I need all the help I can get scared.gif

It's going to be strange enough to be in another country and not knowing anyone except Huck and my youngest son.

Nothing formal?

DAMN! I'm there!!!! biggrin.gif common001.gif

I had actually thought that since you wanted to go a different direction that a Gothic inspired dress might be good for you. Within those limits are Ren, Celtic, Fairy, Medieval and such. Then I found some really cool dresses that are vintage inspired and are really pretty. Since your not a fan of dresses I was thinking that you might like a tea length and not so fufu. biggrin.gif . Plus they look comfortable. Here are some sites that I found, most of them have clothing under $200 bucks.

Enigma Fashions

Raspberry Beret

Vintage Style Clothing

Spooky Boutique

Gothic Fashion Site, A webring

If you dont want to wear a dress maybe you could go for a 2 pc.. Maybe a shirt and skirt that way you could change out of the skirt for the reception and still wear the shirt. Remember too that you dont have to stick to white, go for any color! Blavk too! I always thought that was pretty cool.

Peak District is absolutely breathtaking! They have links to everything in the Derbyshire area. You can find so much stuff and they have pics of the area, B&Bs, Hotels, things to do, places to visit. Its one of the places in England I have always wanted to visit because of how beautiful it looks and because legend has it that Derbyshire and Cornwall are the origins of the Pixies ( not the band!).

Dweez, If it's not a Dress, it's a rush t-shirt, am i right or am i right tongue.gif

Still trying to persude my folks to let me go to this thing, but if it's in manchester, that should be a whole lot better.

Oh yeah, planning. I suppose if it's a small ceremony and big party you're after, thats what you should do. It's yours and Hucks day, so aslong you two are happy, everyone else will be too.

If ur not a dress person dont wear one dazed025.gif

ur gonna have nuff on ur mind and 1 less thing to stress over is a good thing.

Im not a dress person either and I know how awkward u feel wearing one, that it shows in the way u carry urself in one and also walk in it.

i wore a dress at my wedding, but wasn't a typical wedding dress.I just wore a simple almond colored skirt with flowers on it and a matchin top with it,Since we got married ona cruise ship i didnt wanna have to shlep this huge heavy gross dress around with me, and why bother puttin alllll that $$ into some dress ull be wearin for what ,all of maybe 5-6 hours,Thats why we did the cruise ship thang , cuz i hate weddings and to tell u the truth lol i didnt even wanna get married in the 1st place unsure.gif laugh.gif

Had a small lil weddin thingy right on the boat,

and the time b4 i wore that weddin dress was a dress i was forced to wear at my brothers 1st wedding, which was gross blue taffeta with a matchin Hat

062802puke_prv.gif

Dweez i say.. wear sumthin Ull feel cumffy in and and wont be feeling out of place and dorky in, ull be havin so much on ur mind that day why bother adding to it yes.gif

hucks marryin U for U not cuz theres a dress involved in this weddin thang,

but whateva u do wear make sure u got sumthin Sexayyyy under it for him to have fun takin off new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Because u know thats the best part of weddin...when all people leave and it just u2 wub.gif

maybe lil more cumffy in somthing like this? smile.gif

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4499/zoinks6od.jpg

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 10 2005, 04:57 AM)
If ur not a dress person dont wear one  dazed025.gif
ur gonna have nuff on ur mind and 1 less thing to stress over is a good thing.
Im not a dress person  either and I know how awkward u feel wearing one, that it shows in the way u carry urself in one and also walk in it.

Dweez i say.. wear sumthin Ull feel cumffy in and and wont be feeling out of place and dorky in, ull be havin so much on ur mind that day why bother adding to it  yes.gif
hucks marryin U for U not cuz theres a dress involved in this weddin thang,
but whateva u do wear make sure u got sumthin Sexayyyy under it for him to have fun takin off  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Because u know thats the best part of weddin...when all people leave and it just u2  wub.gif

Thanks Donna.

I think you're the only one who understands.

Dweez, all the links to those clothes sites I gave you had pants in them. They had whole outfits. The link to Derbyshire also had links to halls too with pics.

Perhaps it would help us to help you if you told us what you had in mind precisely. I know you are wanting informal but how informal? Are you thinking jeans, dress slacks, style, colors? What kind of shirt do you want? I have only ever seen one pic of you and thats the one in yours and Hucks sig. Its hard to get an idea of someones style with one pic. Tell us what kind of style you had in mind and perhaps we can be more helpful to you. After all you dont have to take any of the advice we give you, its your wedding! Have fun with it, be creative, make it an expression of the 2 of you. People get married in all differant ways. For our wedding Mike wore Jesus sandals, our groomsmen went barefoot and I had sandals on under my dress!

As Donna posted Hot Topic has tons of bondage pants. Just let us know the style you were thinking of then we can all be better able to help you. Thats what all of us Rush Babes are here for!

QUOTE (pixey @ Aug 13 2005, 05:06 PM)
Dweez, all the links to those clothes sites I gave you had pants in them. They had whole outfits. The link to Derbyshire also had links to halls too with pics.

Perhaps it would help us to help you if you told us what you had in mind precisely. I know you are wanting informal but how informal? Are you thinking jeans, dress slacks, style, colors? What kind of shirt do you want? I have only ever seen one pic of you and thats the one in yours and Hucks sig. Its hard to get an idea of someones style with one pic. Tell us what kind of style you had in mind and perhaps we can be more helpful to you. After all you dont have to take any of the advice we give you, its your wedding! Have fun with it, be creative, make it an expression of the 2 of you. People get married in all differant ways. For our wedding Mike wore Jesus sandals, our groomsmen went barefoot  and I had sandals on under my dress!
As Donna posted Hot Topic has tons of bondage pants. Just let us know the style you were thinking of then we can all be better able to help you. Thats what all of us Rush Babes are here for!

I'm sorry about that. sad.gif I don't communicate well.

I pretty much know what type of thing I'll be wearing.

I was mostly looking for advice in other departments. I really don't know all the shit about weddings. For instance, I completely forgot that you have to have invitations wacko.gif

The ideas pitched so far have been great, like the bring your own dish thing. I would have never thought of that on my own.

In the end it will work out how it works out I guess. If I forget something, we can just laugh about it later. I'm not going to stress about it until I'm actually over there. Our decisions are pretty limited until we actually have the visas, permits and dates all worked out.

I'm considering taking a somewhat unconventional approach and maybe ask (once I'm there) local papers, radio etc. for some help/suggestions on getting the venue etc. confused13.gif

Maybe if they know I'm a New Worlder they'll feel sorry for me laugh.gif

i don't have too much experience in this area wink.gif but i say don't worry too much about it at this point..if you get a good idea, write it down & put it somewhere where you won't lose it. as long as you don't wait til the last minute to do everything & give you both enough time to work stuff out, i'm sure things will come together pretty well.

please feel free to kick me out if i'm not helping. wink.gif

OK a list of possible things besides clothes! laugh.gif

Pictures. But a bunch of disposible cameras and hand them out to the guests. You are guarenteed a bunch of different photos from many different areas. Plus its cheap and you can pick up some on your trip to the the local store.

Video. Again just ask peeps to bring a video camera if they got it and their tripod. Just buy the tape or whatever it takes and pay for the processing if needed.

Flowers. Go to a local fresh flower place and make your own bouquet with a ribbon or see if a friend can do it if they are good with fake flowers.

Cake. Again see if you know a friend who knows a friend or better yet make a bunch of cupcakes.

Invitations and decorations. Invitations can be made on your computer or visit a greeting card company like Party City. They have both of those and for cheap.

Like I said I had a large beautiful wedding for under 500 bucks. Just be thrifty and go for the best deal you can. All of the ideas I gave you right here are the same ones I used so I know it can be done.

To be honest, I don't remember much of my own wedding planning. I bought the dress from a consignment shop, and a travel agent friend got us a discount on the honeymoon. Hubby's neighbor ran a limo service and we got a discount there.

Best thing to do is ask around, see if Huck has friends or friends of friends in the various services - floral, food, etc. And I wouldn't be reluctant to ask the future MIL for help, especially if you are doing the planning from a distance.

$1 store for favors yes.gif

they usualy have these nice candles that are glittery or in cool shapes and wrapped in clear foil,since u have to buy so many favors why not try checkin out ur local $1 store, Everyone likes candles and theyr not tacky lookin as favors.the $1 store by me also have nice lookin lil photo frames u could also give out as favors..U could even get some of the decorations from there also..The $1 store by me has sooooo many things u could look threw and even give u ideas. and the price is right! trink39.gif

Frickin frackin dazed025.gif

Indy on his name gain, on MY pc mad.gif

dont know if u have these kinda places by u but here on Long Island we have these "bulk wholesale" stores called "bjs & Casco or price club"

these stores rock if ur havin a party, U can buy a sh*t load of hor dourves for 1/2 the price . they sell EVERYTHING in these stores from Car tires to clothes to everyday things like shampoo and stuff.

Great place to buy ur plates,cups,napkins and like i said even food and munchies,

Wheneva i had a kegparty i alwayz went there for my plastic cups and food, saved a bunch of $$ goin to those bulk stores.

and my bud even told me bout when they threw her weddin shower , her mom called the florists and asked for some samples of arrangments for the weddin and used them for the shower wink.gif maybe u can do that also.but just use the samples as the arrangments wink.gif

But as a cheap way for arrangments for the tables u could just wrap a rock in nice foil and use that as a weight for a few pretty ballons as centerpeices along with those throw away cameras

just a few more ideas throwin ur way, duno if im any help, but whateva eh.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 15 2005, 01:34 PM)
dont know if u have these kinda places by u but here on Long Island we have these "bulk wholesale"  stores called "bjs & Casco or price club"
these stores rock if ur havin a party, U can buy  a sh*t load of hor dourves  for 1/2  the price . they sell EVERYTHING in these stores  from Car tires to clothes to everyday things like shampoo  and stuff.
Great place to buy ur plates,cups,napkins and like i said even food and munchies,
Wheneva i had a kegparty i alwayz went there for my plastic cups and food, saved a bunch of $$ goin to  those bulk stores.
and my bud even told me bout when  they threw her weddin shower , her mom called the florists and asked for some samples of arrangments for the weddin and used them for the shower wink.gif maybe u can do that also.but just use the samples as the arrangments  wink.gif

But  as  a cheap way  for arrangments for the tables u could just wrap a  rock in nice foil and use that as a weight for a few pretty ballons as centerpeices along with those throw away cameras

just a few more ideas throwin ur way, duno if im any help,  but whateva  eh.gif

$1 store for favors 
they usualy have these nice candles that are glittery or in cool shapes and wrapped in clear foil,since u have to buy so many favors why not try checkin out ur local $1 store, Everyone likes candles and theyr not tacky lookin as favors.the $1 store by me also have nice lookin lil photo frames u could also give out as favors..U could even get some of the decorations from there also..The $1 store by me has sooooo many things u could look threw and even give u ideas. and the price is right!

icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Excellent ideas. Hell, I might even start to enjoy this? laugh.gif

We have Costco in Canada and dollar stores on every block wacko.gif

I'll check with Huck and see if the English are as civilized wink.gif

I like the rock in tinfoil! Holy crap you are good. I would have never thought of that.

Oddly enough, my best friend (now passed away sad.gif ) was a florist and would know all kinds of crap like this and I never clued in to it laugh.gif Maybe that's why she was so good as my best friend, she could look after this kind of thing for me?

Thanks to you guys, I still don't have to hurt my little head thinking about these things new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ur vows? laugh.gif

Pastor: Will you answer me right now

These questions, as your wedding vow?

Groom: Yes, I will answer right now

Your questions as my wedding vow.

Pastor: Will you take her as your wife?

Will you love her all your life?

Groom: Yes, I take her as my wife,

Yes, I'll love her all my life.

Pastor: Will you have, and also hold

Just as you have at this time told?

Groom: Yes, I will have, and I will hold,

Just as I have at this time told,

Yes, I will love her all my life

As I now take her as my wife.

Pastor: Will you love through good and bad?

Whether you're happy or sad?

Groom: Yes, I'll love through good and bad,

Whether we're happy or sad,

Yes, I will have and I will hold

Just as I have already told,

Yes, I will love her all my life,

Yes, I will take her as my wife!

Pastor: Will you love her if you're rich?

Or if you're poor, and in a ditch?

Groom: Yes, I'll love her if we're rich,

And I will love her in a ditch,

I'll love her through good times and bad,

Whether we are happy or sad,

Yes, I will have, and I will hold

(I could have sworn this has been told!)

I promise to love all my life

This woman, as my lawful wife!

Pastor: Will you love her when you're fit,

And also when you're feeling sick?

Groom: Yes, I'll love her when we're fit,

And when we're hurt, and when we're sick,

And I will love her when we're rich

And I will love her in a ditch

And I will love through good and bad,

And I will love when glad or sad,

And I will have, and I will hold

Ten years from now a thousandfold,

Yes, I will love for my whole life

This lovely woman as my wife!

Pastor: Will you love with all your heart?

Will you love till death you part?

Groom: Yes, I'll love with all my heart

From now until death do us part,

And I will love her when we're rich,

And when we're broke and in a ditch,

And when we're fit, and when we're sick,

(Oh, CAN'T we get this finished quick?)

And I will have, and I will hold,

And if I might now be so bold,

I'll love her my entire life,

Yes, I WILL take her as my wife!

Pastor: Then if you'll take her as your wife,

And if you'll love her all your life,

And if you'll have, and if you'll hold,

From now until the stars grow cold,

And if you'll love through good and bad,

And whether you're happy or sad,

And love in sickness, and in health,

And when you're poor, and when in wealth,

And if you'll love with all your heart,

From now until death do you part,

Yes, if you'll love her through and through,

Please answer with these words:

Pastor and Groom: I DO!

Pastor: You're married now! So kiss the bride,

But please, do keep it dignified.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Would u could U try green eggs and ham Sam i am laugh.gif

http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/mastercard.jpg

http://www.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-wedding.jpg

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/fun/100003/100003_4_Funny%20picture_prv.jpg

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 15 2005, 08:45 PM)
ur  vows?  laugh.gif

Pastor: Will you answer me right now
These questions, as your wedding vow?

Groom: Yes, I will answer right now
Your questions as my wedding vow.

Pastor: Will you take her as your wife?
Will you love her all your life?

Groom: Yes, I take her as my wife,
Yes, I'll love her all my life.

Pastor: Will you have, and also hold
Just as you have at this time told?

Groom: Yes, I will have, and I will hold,
Just as I have at this time told,
Yes, I will love her all my life
As I now take her as my wife.

Pastor: Will you love through good and bad?
Whether you're happy or sad?

Groom: Yes, I'll love through good and bad,
Whether we're happy or sad,
Yes, I will have and I will hold
Just as I have already told,
Yes, I will love her all my life,
Yes, I will take her as my wife!

Pastor: Will you love her if you're rich?
Or if you're poor, and in a ditch?

Groom: Yes, I'll love her if we're rich,
And I will love her in a ditch,
I'll love her through good times and bad,
Whether we are happy or sad,
Yes, I will have, and I will hold
(I could have sworn this has been told!)
I promise to love all my life
This woman, as my lawful wife!

Pastor: Will you love her when you're fit,
And also when you're feeling sick?

Groom: Yes, I'll love her when we're fit,
And when we're hurt, and when we're sick,
And I will love her when we're rich
And I will love her in a ditch
And I will have, and I will hold
Ten years from now a thousandfold,
Yes, I will love for my whole life
This lovely woman as my wife!

Pastor: Will you love with all your heart?
Will you love till death you part?

Groom: Yes, I'll love with all my heart
From now until death do us part,
And I will love her when we're rich,
And when we're broke and in a ditch,
And when we're fit, and when we're sick,
(Oh, CAN'T we get this finished quick?)
And I will have, and I will hold,
And if I might now be so bold,
I'll love her my entire life,
Yes, I WILL take her as my wife!

Pastor: Then if you'll take her as your wife,
And if you'll love her all your life,
And if you'll have, and if you'll hold,
From now until the stars grow cold,
And if you'll love through good and bad,
And whether you're happy or sad,
And love in sickness, and in health,
And when you're poor, and when in wealth,
And if you'll love with all your heart,
From now until death do you part,
Yes, if you'll love her through and through,
Please answer with these words:

Pastor and Groom: I DO!

Pastor: You're married now! So kiss the bride,
But please, do keep it dignified. 
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Would u could U  try green eggs  and ham Sam i am  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

For fook's sake I'd never remember all that laugh.gif

But I love the words though...

YES I DO wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 15 2005, 09:03 PM)
http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/mastercard.jpg

http://www.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-wedding.jpg

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/fun/100003/100003_4_Funny%20picture_prv.jpg

Hey I'd look better than that guy in the purple shirt that's for sure laugh.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 15 2005, 04:21 PM)

Hey I'd look better than that guy in the purple shirt that's for sure laugh.gif

Better or bigger laugh.gif

confused13.gif unsure.gif N/M i dont wanna know biggrin.gif

Archived