Toto Debut New ‘Orphan’ Single From ‘Toto XIV’

The Cat 3

Revisitedthe song today.

Something happened to me and it clicked and now...i absolutely love it!

Top tier Toto track for me. Really excited for the album now!

Tried it too......Sorry Segue. sub-par. Glad you like it though. Still pumped for the record though.

Mick

I am loving this song. Has a freshness that makes it sound at once modern and still very Toto.

It gets better with every play.

I am loving this song. Has a freshness that makes it sound at once modern and still very Toto.

It gets better with every play.

Oh to be you Segue, lol.

I honestly am glad you're loving it.

Mick

I still hope this is one of the cruddy tracks. I connected with the lyrics (cheesy though they are).

Check out this cover they played live,

Steely Dan - Bodhisattva

Nice job!! :haz:

they slayed that. I wonder if Segue knew that was a Steely Dan tune.

lol

Mick

I do now!

• Like 2

The songs Burn and holy wars are now uploaded onto YouTube.

Cannot lie: this is starting to sound like a really subpar Toto effort. Not impressed.

I'll buy this album!

Where the hell were you Segue in the 80's when I bought all the Toto albums anyway??? Swilling in your dad's ballsack?? :16ton:

Yup! Was born in 1990!

I am going to get this album, but of the three songs I have heard, it sounds like a build up to a mediocre album.

But then again, I remember saying the same thing about a lot of bands and albums...

I'll buy this album!

Where the hell were you Segue in the 80's when I bought all the Toto albums anyway??? Swilling in your dad's ballsack?? :16ton:

Yup! Was born in 1990!

I am going to get this album, but of the three songs I have heard, it sounds like a build up to a mediocre album.

But then again, I remember saying the same thing about a lot of bands and albums...

Aye!

I've not listened to any of it yet. I'll wait till I grab the album! :hail:

I heard Orphan which BLEW, lol and still does.

So i'm not listening to the next two.

Mick

I grew to enjoy Orphan...but in the long run I think the three tracks I have heard so far are incredibly lame, in a safe, enjoyably mediocre kind of way. Think more Mindfields, less Fahrenheit.

Not impressed, but I have hope that this might be a better album than expected.

• Like 1

Mick

I grew to enjoy Orphan...but in the long run I think the three tracks I have heard so far are incredibly lame, in a safe, enjoyably mediocre kind of way. Think more Mindfields, less Fahrenheit.

it would kill me if this were so-so. Cause It's Joe williams first album back up front.

And to have the last Kimball fronted album be Better.........jeez, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

it would kill me if this were so-so. Cause It's Joe williams first album back up front.

Mick

Holy Wars honestly sounds like Mindfields. And Burn lacks any real hook.

The early hysteria about this being the spiritual follow up to IV is based on thin air, it seems.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

The early hysteria about this being the spiritual follow up to IV is based on thin air, it seems.

Last thing i want is a mindfields II

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

My biggest issue is the compression. It isn't because I was playing these songs on YouTube, the mix is really dense and its all just a big flat wall of sound. And something about the production puts me in mind of Coldplay. It is all so safe...

Mick

Mick

Mick

My biggest issue is the compression. It isn't because I was playing these songs on YouTube, the mix is really dense and its all just a big flat wall of sound. And something about the production puts me in mind of Coldplay. It is all so safe...

Not Again.........do these acts know what a good record sounds like anymore? Rush has done it....mccartney's done it. I guess to many years of playing loud shows.

Sad.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

Not Again.........do these acts know what a good record sounds like anymore? Rush has done it....mccartney's done it. I guess to many years of playing loud shows.

Sad.

Mick

I might be wrong, but I really tried and it isn't loud like CA, but it has that plastic feel of all the major radio rock bands (as in Coldplay, Bastille...what passes as rock with the FM listeners). Not very excited to be honest, and I am not even that into Williams vocals either.

Hopefully the new Nightwish will satisfy my music needs!

• Like 1