Won 20 bucks on bet about power windows release!

nicky6

back in 1996 i was a t aporker game and we were talking rush, and iam a (year) freak. and soeone was mentioning power windows album, and i said yeah 1985, and they argued and said. no PW came out in 1986. and i said no it didnt , it came in dec of 85, and he was going off. saying but i saw them in 86, and i said yes you did, they were touring in 86 but the actual album came out in 85. and he said i was wrong. so he bet me $20, and my friend said i have the album upstairs and got it. boom, yep hes right 1985. i collected the 20. should have bet him 60.. then he said. oh. i thought it was 86. and i said. no you said it was 86. you swore it was 86... anyone ever win an arugment like this??

I never won a bet like this for music, but I did for a movie, forgot which one. But it was between me and my dad, and whether it was released in the 90s or 00s. I won, and the Slurpee I won tasted very good indeed.
  • Like 1

I hate when you know your right ( before days of the internet) , and the other person is dead wrong. in the mid 90s again.. i was talking to some man about how john lennon was shot on dec 8th 1980. and he said. no he was shot in 1981. and i said. no everyone knows that date. and this other guy walked by and i asked him, i said yo, wasnt john lennon shot in 1980, and he said wasnt it 81? and i said alright i will prove it you . so i went to local library and print all the ads with dates and took them to guy, and he said. oh wow, i thought it was 81. and i said no you swore it was 81. swore. but with the i phones and internet. we can prove these knuckle heads wrong..

back in 1996 i was a t aporker game

A porker game? Please don't elaborate on that :LOL:

I hope it wasn't strip porker.

I have had many discussions/challenges over musical timings such as this but have never put money on it. Most have been related to the Grateful Dead as we Deadheads tend to be very nostalgic and like to discuss when songs were first played, last played, when songs went on breaks/back from breaks, when they first played a certain venue etc.....

• Like 1

I have had many discussions/challenges over musical timings such as this but have never put money on it. Most have been related to the Grateful Dead as we Deadheads tend to be very nostalgic and like to discuss when songs were first played, last played, when songs went on breaks/back from breaks, when they first played a certain venue etc.....

Your post brings back memories to me of many such discussions, yeah.

:)