I just got Rush in Rio in the mail yesterday

Blue J

I have since finished watching it, and the performance really is excellent.

I may be giving the songs from Vapor Trails a bit more of a chance in the near future, as well. I've just never liked that album...but...

Damn it don't you dare go to the dark side.

I lost Segue but he was to weak willed...........not you too

lol

Mick

Hahaha...no, I wouldn't say I'm a convert to it at this point. I haven't listened to it in close to five years, though. Just saying I may have to buy it and listen to it again. I only owned it for about a month- and to this day, it is the only Rush album I have ever thrown out the window! Getting rid of any other Rush album is unthinkable to me (even Test For Echo!).

I have since finished watching it, and the performance really is excellent.

I may be giving the songs from Vapor Trails a bit more of a chance in the near future, as well. I've just never liked that album...but...

Damn it don't you dare go to the dark side.

I lost Segue but he was to weak willed...........not you too

lol

Mick

It sounds much better on RiR than it does on the album. I thought the same thing when I saw/heard the DVD but then when I went back to give the album a chance it still sucked. :D

I suppose I shall proceed with caution...

• Like 1

I have a soft spot for Rush In Rio. It was my reintro to Rush. I love it.

Snakes and Arrows Live was the same, for me. And I still watch (and listen to) it more often than any of the other recent live releases. ("Recent" being everything from Rio onward).

Snakes and Arrows Live was the same, for me. And I still watch (and listen to) it more often than any of the other recent live releases. ("Recent" being everything from Rio onward).

S&A's was a really well-done DVD. As far as the quality of the video goes, I'd say it's probably their best. I know people don't always like the set list for that tour, but it's the last one where Geddys voice still sounds good.

S&A's was a really well-done DVD. As far as the quality of the video goes, I'd say it's probably their best. I know people don't always like the set list for that tour, but it's the last one where Geddys voice still sounds good.

Oh, I love the setlist from that show. And yes, they all sound great. :)

The Rio show is exceptionally impressive for those same reasons, too.

But so is R30, and so is Time Machine, and so is Clockwork Angels. They all have distinct differences, but I love them all.

• Like 1