To Stand, or Not to Stand

Godot

I've heard horror stories about people who stood and people behind them who wanted to sit and got pissed off.

Ah, like what happened to me in Tampa '04. Standing during "Mystic Rhythms" and some lazy jerk welded to his seat tossed a (fortunately empty and plastic) bottle at me. f**k'em. This isn't a ballet recital. You feel like standing, stand.

• Like 2

If you're over 6 feet tall, please sit. Even sitting you can see just fine.

I'm extremely short for a guy, and no one has any sympathy for a guy who's short - only for the women. I've asked nicely before if I could move in front of people who tower over me at SRO events, and have been rebuffed.

What really makes me mad is when I stand on a seat and make myself as tall as someone else naturally that way, and the ushers tell me to get down. F you: if I was naturally 6'3 you wouldn't tell me to squat down.

And if you're in the stands, just sit down. Most everyone else is, and I didn't pay to look at your ass.

ETA: I honestly think people below a certain height should get preferential placement when it's standing room only. (and thus opens that can of worms...)

Edited by zappafrank

I'm extremely short for a guy, and no one has any sympathy for a guy who's short - only for the women. I've asked nicely before if I could move in front of people who tower over me at SRO events, and have been rebuffed.

What really makes me mad is when I stand on a seat and make myself as tall as someone else naturally that way, and the ushers tell me to get down. F you: if I was naturally 6'3 you wouldn't tell me to squat down.

And if you're in the stands, just sit down. Most everyone else is, and I didn't pay to look at your ass.

ETA: I honestly think people below a certain height should get preferential placement when it's standing room only. (and thus opens that can of worms...)

Wife and I were at Radiohead show back in 2000-22001 (forget)....we had 20th row center. Two guys in front of us were 6'3 6'4 ish......what are you going to do. It's a rock concert. We still loved every minute of it.

Get over it.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Wife and I were at Radiohead show back in 2000-22001 (forget)....we had 20th row center. Two guys in front of us were 6'3 6'4 ish......what are you going to do. It's a rock concert. We still loved every minute of it.

Get over it.

I would if it was an isolated event, but it's everyday of my life. You don't get to judge me.

Edited by zappafrank

Get over it.

I would if it was an isolated event, but it's everyday of my life. You don't get to judge me.

LOL....your post put a smile on my face...in a good way. I feel ya man. Front row will solve that problem though. :blush:

Get over it.

But at the same time,

You are judging others because they are taller than you are. Can't have it both ways! ;)