That Hemispheres "Ding"

antiquark

Is there any official reason/rationale/explanation for that solitary "ding" during hemispheres?

I think before there'd be an official explanation for it, someone would need to convince Rush/Anthem that such an explanation was needed. As far as I know, most people think it sounds cool and assume Rush did too. Full stop.

• Like 2

Think the answer would be something along like the lines like it "sounded right". Musicians aren't necessarily philosophers or mathematicians when it comes to comstructing their work. Sometimes it just flows organically. Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 2

Whatever the purpose was, it was like "playing with crayons" compared to the sophistication of a classic like "Anagram (for Mongo)" or "Half the World".
  • Like 4

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew which ding it was.

It does seem to have some magical powers, I fukking love that ding!

Where is this ding?

Where's my ding?

Whatever the purpose was, it was like "playing with crayons" compared to the sophistication of a classic like "Anagram (for Mongo)" or "Half the World".

Hey leave that ding alone!!

Seriously though it's funny how one little ding can sound so cool! I just smile when that part comes every time! It's so Peartish! Maybe that's why the OP is reading more into it, it's so random and cool!

Then again I'm pretty sure he makes that sound with a triangle so maybe it's an illuminati sign!! :D. ..Shit I just can't take this thread seriously I guess lol

Hope I'm not being a thread hog :)

buddhism? :huh:

I got thinking about that after watching this vid by Ayn Rand (Japanese Band):

The keyboardist does the ding (2:35) but after he does it, he makes this prayer motion.

Or maybe he was just happy that he didn't f--- it up?