10th Year Anniversaries - TRF Force Ten Alumni

sullysue

There are no Force Ten inductees today. :(

This was a dark day in TRF history. November 19, 2004 is known as "The Day The Forum Gained No Ground," or TDTFGNG. I've been crying all day, in fact. :(

:hug2:

There are no Force Ten inductees today. :(

This was a dark day in TRF history. November 19, 2004 is known as "The Day The Forum Gained No Ground," or TDTFGNG. I've been crying all day, in fact. :(

:macallan:

Both of those are of great comfort. *sniff*

• Like 3

We have a new inductee today! Yay! 73 won't have to stand on his front lawn again sobbing, with the neighbors staring and pointing.

Bubba (10)

Thank you, Bubba, for joining the day after TDTFGNG. I'm not sure the forum could have recovered from consecutive days of that. Hopefully, your contribution to the well-being of TRF will help you at your parole hearing.

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum, welcome to the TRF Force Ten Alumni! :cheers:

10-yr-member-banner-blu-gry.jpg

10-yr-member-banner-burgundy.jpg

• Like 4

We have a new inductee today! Yay! 73 won't have to stand on his front lawn again sobbing, with the neighbors staring and pointing.

Bubba (10)

Thank you, Bubba, for joining the day after TDTFGNG. I'm not sure the forum could have recovered from consecutive days of that. Hopefully, your contribution to the well-being of TRF will help you at your parole hearing.

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum, welcome to the TRF Force Ten Alumni! :cheers:

omfg Bubba... I forgot about Bubba and the cage fights! :LOL:

Bubba (10)

omfg Bubba... I forgot about Bubba and the cage fights! :LOL:

Bubba is still in shape and wants some action!

Happy 10th TRF Anniversary to these peeps:

MKG59 (10)

Net-Falco (10)

MUSICinTheABsTrAcT (10)

Stickman (10)

I haven't seen MITA around in a while. Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of sampling MUSICinTheABsTrAct's superior sound engineering, check this out:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/83568-new-rush-oddities/#entry2941856

• Like 2

Also, I wonder how Tick is celebrating Net-Falco's 10th anniversary?

Its a bittersweet occasion for me.While I would love to celebrate his anniversary like I would his birthday I feel a bit sad. While I have no concrete evidence to support this opinion, I do believe Net-Falco was eaten by a bear during the brutal winter hunting season in Finland. Either that or he is in hiding in hopes he doesn't get caught for murdering Rushgoober.

Why else would not come back to continue courting his, "Sweet Emulutka" AKA...Ladirushfan80

In any event, cheers to the Netter!

Edited by Tick
  • Like 3

Its a bittersweet occasion for me.While I would love to celebrate his anniversary like I would his birthday I feel a bit sad. While I have no concrete evidence to support this opinion, I do believe Net-Falco was eaten by a bear during the brutal winter hunting season in Finland. Either that or he is in hiding in hopes he doesn't get caught for murdering Rushgoober.

Why else would not come back to continue courting his, "Sweet Emulutka" AKA...Ladirushfan80

No worries -- Leonard Nimoy is on this!

• Like 1

Can't say I could blame him for courting Ladirushfan80..... ;)
  • Like 1

Here are the 10th TRF anniversaries for today:

Steel Rat (10)

GhostRyder (10)

pussnboots13 (10)

BY-TOR BRUNO (10)

Disco (10)

bmortin9 (10)

Steel Rat was one of TRF's original Analog Kids back in the day, the group of younger Rush fans on the board. Ten years later, he's still an active member of the forum. It's cool to see some of those youngsters here still, but now as young adults! Congrats, Steel Rat! You and your fellow Analog Kids are a huge part of what has made The Rush Forum so successful. It is my pleasure to induct you into the Force Ten club.

Add one of the banners to mark this special day:

• Like 2

Here are the 10th TRF anniversaries for today:

Steel Rat (10)

GhostRyder (10)

pussnboots13 (10)

BY-TOR BRUNO (10)

Disco (10)

bmortin9 (10)

Steel Rat was one of TRF's original Analog Kids back in the day, the group of younger Rush fans on the board. Ten years later, he's still an active member of the forum. It's cool to see some of those youngsters here still, but now as young adults! Congrats, Steel Rat! You and your fellow Analog Kids are a huge part of what has made The Rush Forum so successful. It is my pleasure to induct you into the Force Ten club.

Well said! :cheers:

Disco was a regular back in the day, and he brought a lot of wit and common sense to his posts. A real asset to this place.

• Like 1

I've been here since about 2004. When was the website reset or whatever? I remember having to sign up for a new account.

We upgraded the board software about two years ago. You shouldn't have had to create a new account because of that -- all of the accounts translated over with no problem.

Did you have a different username before that?

Just saw this. No I don't think I've had a different user name here (although I could be wroing because I'm insane). I do recall having to make a new account. Now Ithat I think about maybe that was the Counterparts forum. Maybe I'm confusing the two. I'm pretty sure I posted here before 2008 though. Hmmm...

I've been here since about 2004. When was the website reset or whatever? I remember having to sign up for a new account.

We upgraded the board software about two years ago. You shouldn't have had to create a new account because of that -- all of the accounts translated over with no problem.

Just saw this. No I don't think I've had a different user name here (although I could be wroing because I'm insane). I do recall having to make a new account. Now Ithat I think about maybe that was the Counterparts forum. Maybe I'm confusing the two. I'm pretty sure I posted here before 2008 though. Hmmm...

You joined with this account in March 2008, well before the software upgrade. So, you're still using your original one.

Many Force Ten inductees for today:

Tinkfirejoey (10)

andaki (10)

Jon Garfunkel (10)

By-Tor.com (10)

Showdonttell25 (10)

BigBass (10)

zilla04 (10)

fleshbynight (10)

Rejuven8angel (10)

none of which have been around lately. What a waste!!! Well, anyway...

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum, welcome to the Force Ten Alumni! :cheers:

Many Force Ten inductees for today:

Tinkfirejoey (10)

andaki (10)

Jon Garfunkel (10)

By-Tor.com (10)

Showdonttell25 (10)

BigBass (10)

zilla04 (10)

fleshbynight (10)

Rejuven8angel (10)

none of which have been around lately. What a waste!!! Well, anyway...

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum, welcome to the Force Ten Alumni! :cheers:

It kind of amazes me how many people join and how many actually participate....

There are a lot of anniversaries again today!

Krugor (10)

anagramking (10)

ben_mardous (10)

jdshepp806 (10)

Batman (10)

shine (10)

annylei (10)

Barchetta Unlimited (10)

BigG (10)

anagramking was really cool. I wonder what happened to him. :huh:

• Like 1

You joined with this account in March 2008, well before the software upgrade. So, you're still using your original one.

Well I remember joining around then but I also know that I witnessed the unveiling of the R30 setlist here on opening night. I'm pretty sure I had an account. I started posting on other Rush-related forums after the release of Vapor Trails. Maybe I did have a different account here. I have no idea what it was.