Flying Colors - details on 02nd album announced

I've held off commenting cause i wanted to really let this record sink in.

Second Nature......for me at least was not as easily digestible as the debut. but that is not always a bad thing. In short i love it.

I love how it opened and closed with 2 longer tracks. Open up yours eyes and Cosmic Symphony. Really shows what musical chops theses guys have.

Mask machine Threw me off when it was released. It was like.......Hello Muse. Not a bad thing just wasn't expecting it. It is a rocking track though. My fav song Is Bombs Away. Man does that track TEAR.

i will say as much as i Dislike Portnoy's personality. He is awesome at harmonies and vocal textures.

I also loved Peaceful Harbor. Beautiful Song. The only track that's a dud for me is one Love Forever.

Awesome follow up. I hope their able to keep both Portnoy and Neal Morse in check. That last Transatlantic album was a Morse solo album in all but name. And Portnoy No death growls. You've got a great band going.........don't mess it up.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Ok on first listen I really like the first 7 tracks.

The last two, Peaceful Harbor and Cosmic Symphony, dragged a little bit, I found certain parts of them a bit repetitive, and sluggish, perhaps I'll like them more on future listens though.

Edited by treeduck

Ok on first listen I really like the first 7 tracks.

The last two, Peaceful Harbor and Cosmic Symphony, dragged a little bit, I found certain parts of them a bit repetitive, and sluggish, perhaps I'll like them more on future listens though.

I think you will. As I've listened more and more, those two tracks have grown on me a lot, and have become two of my three favorites on the album.

• Like 1