Getting Old........

g under p

I'm back using an aluminum walker just to get around the one with tennis balls to slide with....aside from that I once taught pre school and those pre-schoolers are now 30 years old. Man I'm getting old.

Peace

• Like 1

Son, you're not old....

http://a141.idata.over-blog.com/197x300/1/91/72/41/photo1/Carl-Fredricksen.jpg

:D :D

• Like 1

Son, you're not old....

I know but people saw me yesterday with my walker wearing a Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon tshirt and gave me the weidest look. Jumped to open doors for me etc the whole was just odd.

I had triple orthodesis surgery on my ankle and maan did I ever get used to getting around with this walker. In few days ill get my knee roller to get around a little faster. I also got my handicap sticker of which I'll need with this cast I have for the next 3-4 months. Three of which I won't be working but it's all good I just added 4 titanium screws plates to stabilize them till I meet my end.

Anybody else out there feel you are getting old? I can't seem to remember squat!

Peace

Son, you're not old....

I know but people saw me yesterday with my walker wearing a Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon tshirt and gave me the weidest look. Jumped to open doors for me etc the whole was just odd.

I had triple orthodesis surgery on my ankle and maan did I ever get used to getting around with this walker. In few days ill get my knee roller to get around a little faster. I also got my handicap sticker of which I'll need with this cast I have for the next 3-4 months. Three of which I won't be working but it's all good I just added 4 titanium screws plates to stabilize them till I meet my end.

Anybody else out there feel you are getting old? I can't seem to remember squat!

Peace

Just in case needing stronger and stronger reading glasses didn't make me feel old, I now have early arthritis in my hip. And I'm only 50!

:codger:

I'm not "old" but I'm getting there. Feeling it, man.

High notes are not as easy as they used to be, carrying equipment takes a lot out of me, and my knees are totally shot.

I can't remember the last time I didn't feel at least a little bit tired.

Son, you're not old....

Peace

I feel your pain. My issues lately have been well documented. I look better and feel worse than I ever have..... :wacko: :codger:

Son, you're not old....

Peace

Just in case needing stronger and stronger reading glasses didn't make me feel old, I now have early arthritis in my hip. And I'm only 50!

But you still look damn good..... :cool:

I wouldn't know...I'm 13 :P

:nya nya:

Pipsqueak, 13 I can't remember when I was 13. Oh maybe then I was back in Boston playing ice hockey oh yeah it's coming back to me now. Where the hell are those smiley thingies?

Peace

No "feel" about it. I am. I'm sixty. One of my few consolations is knowing that Neil is two years older than me, and Alex and Geddy one year older.

As for my memory, mine is going down the tubes. If anyone here sometimes wonders why my posts sound odd, I will tell you why. I am starting to have a hard time remembering sentence structure and word usage. It is scary. If I repeat myself in posts, it is because I have forgotten that I already posted something similar the page before.

So, be grateful you are in your early fifties.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

No "feel" about it. I am. I'm sixty. One of my few consolations is knowing that Neil is two years older than me, and Alex and Geddy one year older.

As for my memory, mine is going down the tubes. If anyone here sometimes wonders why my posts sound odd, I will tell you why. I am starting to have a hard time remembering sentence structure and word usage. It is scary. If I repeat myself in posts, it is because I have forgotten that I already posted something similar the page before.

Funny you say this....my problem is my mind when I'm writing will moves faster than I write and many times I leave out words thinking I've written them. Most of the times I must go back and reread what I wrote just to make sure it makes sense.

Funny you this....my problem is my mind when I'm will moves faster than I write and many times I leave out words thinking I've written them. Most of times I must go back and reread what I just to make sure it makes sense.

Did you reread this post..... :codger: :D

Funny you this....my problem is my mind when I'm will moves faster than I write and many times I leave out words thinking I've written them. Most of times I must go back and reread what I just to make sure it makes sense.

Lol, damn I just fricking saw that see what I mean and I read it again. This is getting ugly. Lol.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 1

Lol, damn I just fricking saw that see what I mean and was read it again. This is getting ugly. Lol.

Sorry man. From one old dude to another I couldn't resist plucking a few words out.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Funny you say this....my problem is my mind when I'm writing will moves faster than I write and many times I leave out words thinking I've written them. Most of the times I must go back and reread what I wrote just to make sure it makes sense.

Yes, so do I, and even then I am not always certain that it does. Like I said. Scary. :scared:

Yes, so do I, and even then I am not always certain that it does. Like I said. Scary. :scared:

If it helps any and I mean this.... I have never read a post of yours that didn't make sense.... :)
  • Like 1

Part of my trouble is that I need to slow down and the fact that I'm on these heavy ass pain meds Percocet/OxyContin/Vicodin. I'm high all the time now I gather be this way for the next 2 months at least. Yikes!

Son, you're not old....

Peace

But you still look damn good..... :cool:

Why, thank you very much, kind sir! :blush:

Where the hell are those smiley thingies?

Are you on an iPad, by any chance? I don't have the option to use them on my iPad :(

On my phone I don't have them either... :(