Caress of Steel

k3no444

It's also possible that playing all that older, intricate material is brutally difficult for a 61(?) year old dude.

Yet somehow, he has no problem annihilating the f***ing shit out of the drums for a song like "Marathon"
  • Like 1

It's also possible that playing all that older, intricate material is brutally difficult for a 61(?) year old dude.

Yet somehow, he has no problem annihilating the f***ing shit out of the drums for a song like "Marathon"

Yes. I wouldn't try to arm-wrassle him. He is a powerhouse for a 61(?) year old dude. But I think I can forgive him for taking some shortcuts, given that song after song after song is pretty difficult. If he has a bit more interest in love for "newer" stuff, that's probably understandable, too. I admit to sleepwalking my way through some songs that my band has done a bazillion times.

Yes. I wouldn't try to arm-wrassle him. He is a powerhouse for a 61(?) year old dude. But I think I can forgive him for taking some shortcuts, given that song after song after song is pretty difficult. If he has a bit more interest in love for "newer" stuff, that's probably understandable, too. I admit to sleepwalking my way through some songs that my band has done a bazillion times.

They hadn't played A Passage to Bangkok since the Moving Pictures Tour. I get if he's tired, of course he is, and he does kick ass especially for a 61 year old. But come on! Those are some sweet drum fills! It was very near the end of the night too, I'm sure he had the strength left in him. Those drum fills aren't anything too crazy.

They hadn't played A Passage to Bangkok since the Moving Pictures Tour. I get if he's tired, of course he is, and he does kick ass especially for a 61 year old. But come on! Those are some sweet drum fills! It was very near the end of the night too, I'm sure he had the strength left in him. Those drum fills aren't anything too crazy.

You got me curious. I'm going to have a listen to the DVD version.

Don't get me started on Neil raping his own legacy...such as in the recent versions of "Red Sector A" or the criminally changed (and ruined) "Middletown Dreams." "Natural Science" and "The Trees" have been neutered for years; even back in the 80's he purposely destroyed his amazing work on simple songs such as "In the Mood" (compare video versions on Exit Stage Left to Show of Hands to see how he murdered his own). He couldn't be bothered in the LEAST to play older songs such as those properly.

And in the utmost example of hypocrisy, on his own instructional DVD he goes on and on about the "out of place cymbal hit" in the middle of a roll during the solo to "Freewill", then in the live version HE DOESN'T EVEN ATTEMPT THE CYMBAL HIT. He totally dumbs down the solo section of "Freewill" and he's been doing it for the last several years; it's NOTHING like the amazing mindf*ck performances such as on Exit Stage Left were. The hi-hat work is gone, the ride has totally been changed...yet when they play "Faithless" you can be damned sure EVERY little nuance and pin-drop are accurately executed with utmost respect.

Don't get me started on Neil's abandoning of himself.

• Like 1

My favorite Rush album. The only low point is I Think I'm Going Bald, but even that is an enjoyable and fun song with a little to think about in it. It's a fine song...just not spectacular like everything else. It's amazing to me that the band got the storytelling aspect of their songs so perfect so quickly. The Necromancer and FoL are short movies with amazing soundtracks to them. FoL remains the most ambitious story, and I believe in a literary sense, the most interesting to dissect. I'll never tire of this amazing record.
  • Like 8

By far the worst album of Rush's career.

1 classic (Bastille Day)

1 Good (Lakeside park)

and 35 minutes of :oops:

You wouldn't know a classic Rush album if it came and bit chunks outta ur butt.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 5

1 classic (Bastille Day)

1 Good (Lakeside park)

You wouldn't know a classic Rush album is it came and bit chunks outta ur butt.

:LOL: :cheers:

• Like 3

1 classic (Bastille Day)

1 Good (Lakeside park)

You wouldn't know a classic Rush album is it came and bit chunks outta ur butt.

I know I rave about lesser favoured Rush albums, but to disrespect CoS is inconceivable!

• Like 3

I most certainly do know a classic Rush album when I hear it.... 2112 --> Signals for example. Cp and CA as well. CoS just isn't one of them.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/24/35/46/243546f32984252cef481e0b15198d5b.jpg

I'm going to keep this little card for future use. It is bound to get quite a work-out. :)

• Like 2

I most certainly do know a classic Rush album when I hear it.... 2112 --> Signals for example. Cp and CA as well. CoS just isn't one of them.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/24/35/46/243546f32984252cef481e0b15198d5b.jpg

I'm going to keep this little card for future use. It is bound to get quite a work-out. :)

:o
  • Like 1

• Like 1

How come the woman in that little picture look like she has a receding hairline and a weird comb-over?

She's kind of cute, though.

Edited by toymaker

I think that's a little hat perched on her head.

Oh. Maybe I should do that.

Oh, do! I think you would look simply stunning.

On account of the receding hairline. For the record, I don't do a comb-over. A nice little hat, though . . .

I think that's a little hat perched on her head.

Oh. Maybe I should do that.

Oh, do! I think you would look simply stunning.

On account of the receding hairline. For the record, I don't do a comb-over. A nice little hat, though . . .

Looks like a mask pushed up onto the top of her head. :LOL: