Primer

pedro2112

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this movie yet. I rented it last night and simply put, it blew me away. How a movie can be this unbelievable and cost only $7,000.00 to make is mind boggling. I can't even discuss the movie as I don't want to ruin anythning in it.. although I'm not sure exactly what happened myself. I'll have to watch it again.

Has anyone here seen it yet?

My wife almost picked this up for me this past weekend, but I hadn't read anything substantial about it to warrant renting it.

Glad to hear your positive review Pedro, I'll definitely add it to my list now.

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Jul 25 2005, 11:48 AM)
My wife almost picked this up for me this past weekend, but I hadn't read anything substantial about it to warrant renting it.

cool.gif

Schro

I am not making any assumptions here, so please do not take offense, Schro. But if you do watch it, make absolutely certain you are not stoned when you do.

Seriously though... do not read up on the movie or do any research, believe me, you'll do plenty of that afterwards. Just see it.

Edited by pedro2112

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 26 2005, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (Schro @ Jul 25 2005, 11:48 AM)

cool.gif

Schro

I am not making any assumptions here, so please do not take offense, Schro. But if you do watch it, make absolutely certain you are not stoned when you do.

Seriously though... do not read up on the movie or do any research, believe me, you'll do plenty of that afterwards. Just see it.

Out of respect for Pedro, I will only assume the following:

1) Using classic reverse psychology, Pedro really wants me to be stoned when I watch Primer.

2) In the same vein, he's recommending I learn as much as I can about Primer before I get stoned for viewing.

3) Pedro was stoned when he saw Primer and wants to share that unique experience without admitting said stonage, which would sully his reputation as an articulate non-stoned contributor to TRF.

4) Pedro was likely stoned when he wrote this.

My only point of confusion is whether I should get stoned the entire day before watching the film or wait for the opening credits to light up.

cool10.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Jul 27 2005, 03:28 PM)

1)  Using classic reverse psychology, Pedro really wants me to be stoned when I watch Primer.

No.

2)  In the same vein, he's recommending I learn as much as I can about Primer before I get stoned for viewing.

No. Definitely not. I am serious. Just watch the movie first without any research. Trust me on this one.

3)  Pedro was stoned when he saw Primer and wants to share that unique experience without admitting said stonage,

No I wasn't

which would sully his reputation as an articulate non-stoned contributor to TRF.

I have no such reputation. Just ask the regulars in the chat room.

4)  Pedro was likely stoned when he wrote this.

Yes!

My only point of confusion is whether I should get stoned the entire day before watching the film or wait for the opening credits to light up.

Do not watch this for the first time stoned.

Doood!!! That was total head trip! I need to watch that again straight (and i was straight when i watched it the first time wink.gif )

No, really. Thanks for the recommendation, Pedro. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I can see why it was so cheap to make. It's almost like a home video or something, which by the way, compliments the story line.

Great flick! trink39.gif

bumper.gif

Kazz, after you watch it again, go to the message board at Primermovie.com and read up on all the posts regarding the plot. A lot of stuff begins to make sense then.

For those who haven't watched it yet, do not go to the message board until you have watched it at least twice.

Do not read this unless you've watched the movie. Please.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one in a discombobulated state after watching this. Why o why didn't I pay more attention to the subtle details of the conversations, the names, and the events? There's no avoiding a second showcase at this point, but I'll allow at least another day to pass for my brain to process the jumble of information accumulated before I give it another go.

What can be said is that the acting was superb. The guys played their roles masterfully. As for the writing, I can't complain because I don't like when everything's obvious; even if I'm foggy right now, I still feel as though it's my own fault for not being more alert.

I'm left with a nimiety of unanswered questions, but I won't dump them here just yet. Great movie.

Just finished watching all but the last 10 minutes of this movie ( dvd rip from Torrent that froze up )

Very interesting time travel story that gets a little convoluted along the way ( which makes it all the more interesting ) I think i got the gist of it and would like to see the ending to tie up all the loose ends.

Can't get a decent dvd burn these days comp26.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 21 2005, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Aug 21 2005, 03:38 AM)
I think i got the gist of it and would like to see the ending to tie up all the loose ends.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Won't be able to watch the ending until next Friday... It's starting to bug me http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/sor64/blowup.gif

T4VS did you check out the ending when you got home ?

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Aug 21 2005, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 21 2005, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Aug 21 2005, 03:38 AM)
I think i got the gist of it and would like to see the ending to tie up all the loose ends.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Won't be able to watch the ending until next Friday... It's starting to bug me http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/sor64/blowup.gif

T4VS did you check out the ending when you got home ?

Not yet...planning on watching whole thing again....The dvd player was skipping over some important scenes though (SPOILER ALERT BELOW)

(Explains more what I was referring to when I was talking about "extra versions" of one of the characters last night)

Finally took this in last night. Very good film, especially considering the budget - I have to applaud the creators for getting the most oot of what they had to work with, not dissimilar to the characters in the film heh.

I'm kinda with Pedro, didn't quite get everything the first time. Enjoyed it quite a bit, and will try to get a second viewing in.

Thanks for the recommendation Pedro. wink.gif

cool.gif

Schro

whoa! Just finished this one... And I'm a bit wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

will need another watch on this one.. Everything comes at you so fast.

Oh, and I'm starving.. I haven't eaten since later this afternoon.....

cool.gif