Cygnus X-1 novel?

Just wondering, who would like it if someone were to write a fan-book of the Cygnus X-1 songs? Or is there one out there? I know about how CA was made into a novel, which didn't turn out to be fantastic. But what about one that is based off of Cygnus X-1?

I would take Neil's writing over Kevin J Anderson's any day.

As far as the concept I think it would be an awesome book. I always wondered why they didn't expand more on the story. You could make a whole series of books set in that world.

• Like 2

As far as the concept I think it would be an awesome book. I always wondered why they didn't expand more on the story. You could make a whole series of books set in that world.

Maybe the story that exists now could just be the origins of Cygnus. After that, it could be a series of graphic novels with him as an intergalactic superhero. :huh:

Maybe the story that exists now could just be the origins of Cygnus. After that, it could be a series of graphic novels with him as an intergalactic superhero. :huh:

Sounds like something you could write Ms Light..... :)

I'd have to get permission to use the story, though. Also, someone out there has to know how to draw a really kickass Cygnus. :cool:

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes

I'd have to get permission to use the story, though. Also, someone out there has to know how to draw a really kickass Cygnus. :cool:

I thought you had multiple skills? Artwork not your thing huh?.... :)

I thought you had multiple skills? Artwork not your thing huh?.... :)

I will do a short story based around it. By short, it could range from 100 - 250 pages. And be aware I am not William Faulkner nor am I even an adult, so it will not be something worth hanging in a museum, but I can write pretty well, so how much I am pleased by the first bit will adjust how much progress, lemgth, and detail is put into it.

• Like 1

How can you draw something that has "no shape or form" ?

• Like 3

How can you draw something that has "no shape or form" ?

A mist or light

Edited by Carrystress

I wholeheartedly support this idea, and I can't wait to read it, however, may I ask why this is in the On The Lighted Stage section of the forum?

I wholeheartedly support this idea, and I can't wait to read it, however, may I ask why this is in the On The Lighted Stage section of the forum?

Possible error. I generally don't check where I am on the forum when I post. Who knows, maybe here it is out of reach of the "peanut gallery."

I am officially right now starting on the novel, wish me luck guys.

Scratch that, I am not writing it yet, at the moment I am doing as much research and memorization as I can on the background information of the songs, listening to them over and over to get a feel of dramatic effect that the music brings to the listener. Reading about the black hole, Cygnus X-1, Cygnus the consolation, black holes in general, and even some greek mythology. I may start writing today, but possibly not.