Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, Hemispheres - all in their entirety 2015?

neil seems pretty anti-heavy

I read an interview with Geddy awhile ago and he said that he was the most resistant to playing the keyboard heavy songs live, and it shocked me! It must just be Neil that is insisting on these very 80s heavy setlists. I think he's definitely anti heavy!
  • Like 1

They could do another "overture" sort of thing—play the hook/main riff of one or two tunes from the first 8 albums. That'd make some folks happy and give Geddy a singing break. One thing I didn't understand about the R30 overture was that Lifeson didn't play his solo in Bangkok. Maybe because it wouldn't sound good without the rhythm guitar behind it? I also wasn't crazy about how they stitched together the Hemispheres stuff.

Anyway, a medley like this might seem like a cop-out, but I think it could be cool to hear some of those old riffs played live again: Need Some Love, Fly By Night, Best I Can, Lakeside Park, Twilight Zone, Cinderella Man, Hemispheres: Armageddon, Jacob's Ladder and Red Barchetta . . . This could be a 15 or 20 minute dream come true for some fans.

• Like 2

They could do another "overture" sort of thing—play the hook/main riff of one or two tunes from the first 8 albums. That'd make some folks happy and give Geddy a singing break. One thing I didn't understand about the R30 overture was that Lifeson didn't play his solo in Bangkok. Maybe because it wouldn't sound good without the rhythm guitar behind it? I also wasn't crazy about how they stitched together the Hemispheres stuff.

Anyway, a medley like this might seem like a cop-out, but I think it could be cool to hear some of those old riffs played live again: Need Some Love, Fly By Night, Best I Can, Lakeside Park, Twilight Zone, Cinderella Man, Hemispheres: Armageddon, Jacob's Ladder and Red Barchetta . . . This could be a 15 or 20 minute dream come true for some fans.

Personally I would be much sadder if they played just bits of the songs than if they played none of them at all.

Medleys make the baby jesus cry.

Personally I would be much sadder if they played just bits of the songs than if they played none of them at all.

Medleys make the baby jesus cry.

Well i wouldn't go quite that far, but I'm not a fan of the medley's either. At least not with the songs i like the most anyway.

Now if they want make a 3-4 minute medley out of Faithless, Subdivisions, The Garden, and Time Stand Still I'm all for it! :P

If this is the only way I can hear these great songs (or at least parts of them) then sign me up. I enjoyed the R30 Overture personally..... :)
  • Like 2

If this is the only way I can hear these great songs (or at least parts of them) then sign me up. I enjoyed the R30 Overture personally..... :)

I did too. If I can only hear them again this way then I say go for it. There's just something about hearing these iconic songs again live even if it's only part of it that gives me chills.

• Like 1

I did too. If I can only hear them again this way then I say go for it. There's just something about hearing these iconic songs again live even if it's only part of it that gives me chills.

You're preaching to the choir. Its the riffs, energy, joy and musicianship that I love the most about these instrumedleys. Very little voice strain going on as well. The chills are overwhelming also just as you said...... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1