RUSH reDiscovered LP box set

SUBDIVISIONS

I have the 40 year old original LP, why would I buy this?

I hate to say I told you but...

SUBDIVISIONS, on 06 February 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hmmm get ready for a bunch of Re-releases, special versions, re-remixes, re-compilations, metal case editions, never seen before package, special blu ray booklet issue, re-remaster mixed tapes, new cover vinyl, collectible figures etc. And all that stuff that we all already have, not need, but we just cant resist to have to buy again

I'll definitely be buying this. I have the original, but the entire second side plays horribly. They really need to re-release Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo, and Snakes And Arrows. Those albums are really rare on vinyl, with the exception of Test For Echo, which was never officially released on vinyl.

Rush's marketing strategy is to flood the market with stuff so that even when they take a long break, their name is still out there. Remember when they used to put out a live album every five studio albums or so? Now every album has a live album to accompany the tour. Its all about brand at this point. The boys are padding their retirement funds. Good on them too, they've earned any mainstream bucks that come their way.

Rush's marketing strategy is to flood the market with stuff so that even when they take a long break, their name is still out there. Remember when they used to put out a live album every five studio albums or so? Now every album has a live album to accompany the tour. Its all about brand at this point. The boys are padding their retirement funds. Good on them too, they've earned any mainstream bucks that come their way.

I don't see many mainstream bucks funding this project. I think most people buying this are already somewhat familiar with it.

I