Question for By Tor...

Thunder Bay Rush

Dude, that pic of Geddy facing the crowd on your signature thing - where was that taken? the caption says, "I'm in that lot." Looks like the Hemispheres Tour. Edited by Thunder Bay Rush

Hello Thunder Bay Rush . :)

It was in fact the Permanent waves warm up tour . But a bit part of Hemispheres .

It was at the New Bingly Hall in Staffordshire

Which as old Concert goe`rs will remember it as a giant Cowshed in a middle of a field.

I was there !

The nearest I got to Rush , and what a show .

They did 2 nights , so which night was the photo , I like to believe it was there .

Hence I was in that lot .

I guess I should put maybe in brackets . :unsure:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x117/coxy2112/790921amp22nmereview12_zps87a16a58.jpg

And I lost my bloody ticket !

• Like 1

Hello Thunder Bay Rush . :)

It was in fact the Permanent waves warm up tour . But a bit part of Hemispheres .

It was at the New Bingly Hall in Staffordshire

Which as old Concert goe`rs will remember it as a giant Cowshed in a middle of a field.

I was there !

The nearest I got to Rush , and what a show .

They did 2 nights , so which night was the photo , I like to believe it was there .

Hence I was in that lot .

I guess I should put maybe in brackets . :unsure:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x117/coxy2112/790921amp22nmereview12_zps87a16a58.jpg

And I lost my bloody ticket !

I don't understand the review, but it seems quite insulting. Do Geddy's vocals sound worse if you like the content of the lyrics? Why is Peart's drum solo good once and bad at another time? Or is this just a play on the love 'em or hate 'em theme? I honestly don't understand the real point and how the A and B play out in the writer's mind.

• Like 1

That's a deeply puzzling review.

Your Not wrong GM . :hi:

The Music paper it`s from the N.M.E. was a bit of a leading Punk and new wave paper and not really into real music like Rush and other Dinosaur bands at that time .

It`s seems to be trying to clever about how clever Rush songs are .

Is Concieted the word I think they were looking for about Rush .

Where are those Punk bands today .

Ans .

Nowhere .

• Like 1

Hey, thanks!! Pretty small venue, but I’ve heard that many in England were small back then…

And, yes, weird review…

The Music paper it`s from the N.M.E. was a bit of a leading Punk and new wave paper and not really into real music like Rush and other Dinosaur bands at that time .

Ans .

Nowhere .

My guess is that the author of the review loved the show but didn't want to admit it because it wasn't "cool".

Ans .

Nowhere .

My guess is that the author of the review loved the show but didn't want to admit it because it wasn't "cool".

No. These are the same assholes who took a conversation with Neil after an interview and used it to call the band fascists. http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/scans/new-musical-express-03.04.1978.pdf

They're just stupid and mean, and got off on it.

• Like 1

Ans .

Nowhere .

No. These are the same assholes who took a conversation with Neil after an interview and used it to call the band fascists. http://www.cygnus-x1...-03.04.1978.pdf

They're just stupid and mean, and got off on it.

So this article was written from an informal post-interview conversation about Objectivist theory rather than the formal interview? That makes total sense to my understanding both of Rush and of Objectivist theory.

Gotta love responsible journalism :eyeroll:

• Like 1