Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

OK, I revere the Masters as much as the next (non Jim Nantz) person, but that Mac Davis song?

Seriously? :facepalm:

At least one old man got the memo that today is moving day. Anybody else?... Geez guys

Ricky (don't lose that number) Fowler got the hint too. Should have birdied 18 however. Still a nice 67.... :)

Edit: CBS better hope the likes of Spieth, Fowler, Couples stay in it so folks may watch....

I just started watching. I really don't like the tricked up greens I'm seeing.

Snedeker 5 putted the 4th green. All anybody needs to know. To fast is possible... :(

Is that because they're worried about someone getting to minus 15 or 20 if they didn't?

I am pretty sure those days are over no matter how they set up the greens. The changes to the course since Tigers dominance began has seen to that....

How many strokes would you say the tricked up greens add to the scores?

Probably overall none. They have most of the pins in easier spots to encourage more birdies even though the greens a devilishly fast. There have been some lower scores today to prove that. Its not much different really than most Masters Saturdays. Aggressive/caution is the rule of the day...

At least one old man got the memo that today is moving day. Anybody else?... Geez guys

Ricky (don't lose that number) Fowler got the hint too. Should have birdied 18 however. Still a nice 67.... :)

Edit: CBS better hope the likes of Spieth, Fowler, Couples stay in it so folks may watch....

Snedeker 5 putted the 4th green. All anybody needs to know. To fast is possible... :(

Is that because they're worried about someone getting to minus 15 or 20 if they didn't?

I am pretty sure those days are over no matter how they set up the greens. The changes to the course since Tigers dominance began has seen to that....

Probably overall none. They have most of the pins in easier spots to encourage more birdies even though the greens a devilishly fast. There have been some lower scores today to prove that. Its not much different really than most Masters Saturdays. Aggressive/caution is the rule of the day...

k thx

k thx

The 4th is the only one I have seen that looked "unfair". The hole I think averaged around .75 over par and had some train wrecks there like Snedeker....

Bubba is screwing up enough to make tomorrow interesting. Will be a good old fashioned shootout.... :cheers: Feherty is awesome for sure...
  • Like 1

Bubba is screwing up enough to make tomorrow interesting. Will be a good old fashioned shootout.... :cheers: Feherty is awesome for sure...

deciding it on the back 9 tomorrow would be awesome! Just my opinion about David Feherty - he's usually not as serious on the regular broadcasts, but he's being guarded in his commentrary here at the Masters so he doesn't suffer Gary McCord's fate....

• Like 2

Give it up for Jim Furyk. I'd love to see him win.

you never know.... he's coughed up some leads in round 4 in recent years, maybe coming from behind will work out for him. no complaints from me if he wins... I like his homecooked swing.

• Like 1

deciding it on the back 9 tomorrow would be awesome! Just my opinion about David Feherty - he's usually not as serious on the regular broadcasts, but he's being guarded in his commentrary here at the Masters so he doesn't suffer Gary McCord's fate....

As long as he whispers and doesn't mention bikini wax he will be ok.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Changes are not for the better, IMO. The tournament has gotten less and less interesting over the years.

One good story from the day was Woodland tearing up the front nine.

Topeka native Gary Woodland matched the lowest score ever on the front nine with a 6-under 30, and actually got his score to 7 under on the day with another birdie at the 10th. But the 29-year-old couldn’t keep it going through Amen Corner, where a bogey at the 11th and a double-bogey on 12 stifled his momentum.

Changes are not for the better, IMO. The tournament has gotten less and less interesting over the years.

One good story from the day was Woodland tearing up the front nine.

Topeka native Gary Woodland matched the lowest score ever on the front nine with a 6-under 30, and actually got his score to 7 under on the day with another birdie at the 10th. But the 29-year-old couldn’t keep it going through Amen Corner, where a bogey at the 11th and a double-bogey on 12 stifled his momentum.

Agreed. You don't see the low scores on the back that I seem to remember seeing along with the drama. I seem to remember alot of 34-32's like The Mechanic shot today or 35-31's. Scores like that. Amazing that Woodland could go so low and then screw up the back so badly. The back used to be where you made your score. I guess lots has changed around there.... Edited by Narpski

Give it up for Jim Furyk. I'd love to see him win.

you never know.... he's coughed up some leads in round 4 in recent years, maybe coming from behind will work out for him. no complaints from me if he wins... I like his homecooked swing.

His swing gives hope to us all.

Jordan Spieth goes into Sunday's final round with a share of the lead and a chance to become the youngest winner in Masters history.

Miguel Angel Jimenez enters with a chance to become its oldest winner.

Jonas Blixt enters with a chance to duplicate Adam Scott's feat of a year ago and give his country -- Sweden -- its first Masters champion. Actually, make that its first major champion. Thomas Bjorn could do the same for Denmark.

Matt Kuchar and Lee Westwood also are lurking, each one hoping to shed the label of best player never to win a major. Rickie Fowler's there, hoping his Sunday orange will go with a Green Jacket. And Jim Furyk could rid himself of some recent major demons.

Oh, and there's Bubba Watson, the 2012 Masters champ who brought the field back into the mix on Saturday with a 2-over 74 but might have gotten his worst round out of the way while still retaining part of the lead.

Does Augusta National know how to deliver storylines or what?

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/04/12/the-upshot-masters-third-round.html

Jordan Spieth goes into Sunday's final round with a share of the lead and a chance to become the youngest winner in Masters history.

Jonas Blixt enters with a chance to duplicate Adam Scott's feat of a year ago and give his country -- Sweden -- its first Masters champion. Actually, make that its first major champion. Thomas Bjorn could do the same for Denmark.

Matt Kuchar and Lee Westwood also are lurking, each one hoping to shed the label of best player never to win a major. Rickie Fowler's there, hoping his Sunday orange will go with a Green Jacket. And Jim Furyk could rid himself of some recent major demons.

Oh, and there's Bubba Watson, the 2012 Masters champ who brought the field back into the mix on Saturday with a 2-over 74 but might have gotten his worst round out of the way while still retaining part of the lead.

http://www.pgatour.c...hird-round.html

I think if Couples just went off and shot a 65 or something and took it would be the best story obviously. "The most interesting man in golf" winning would be my second choice. :codger: ...

I think if Couples just went off and shot a 65 or something and took it would be the best story obviously. "The most interesting man in golf" winning would be my second choice. :codger: ...

You mean Mee-gel An-hell Hee-men-eth. I can't understand half of what that guy says, but he's cool as a fan.

The Masters doesn't want low scores. They want par or a few strokes under to be enough to win.

Narpski, would you have watered the shit out of the greens last night or let them remain dry? I would have watered them, but put the pins in extreme locations.

• Like 1

You mean Mee-gel An-hell Hee-men-eth. I can't understand half of what that guy says, but he's cool as a fan.

The Masters doesn't want low scores. They want par or a few strokes under to be enough to win.

Narpski, would you have watered the shit out of the greens last night or let them remain dry? I would have watered them, but put the pins in extreme locations.

The greens should be dry and fast and the pins should be accessible with a well struck and placed shot. No different than any other Masters Sunday....

I think if Couples just went off and shot a 65 or something and took it would be the best story obviously. "The most interesting man in golf" winning would be my second choice. :codger:...

The greens should be dry and fast and the pins should be accessible with a well struck and placed shot. No different than any other Masters Sunday....

The thing about the super fast greens...with how mounded they are, one bad bounce on a shot can determine the winner.

But then, luck plays a big part. Remember Tiger hitting the flag and bouncing back into the water? Then the bad drop penalty...

1963 -Jack Nicklaus became the youngest Masters winner. 17 years later, Seve became the youngest winner. 17 years later, Tiger became the youngest winner. It's now 17 years later and Jordan Spieth is younger than Tiger....

I heard that this morning. I'd better get to work in the bedroom and take an extra job so I can pay for my kid's golf lessons.

I am back on the road, today, so I won't get to watch the final round. It's already hot. I think the humidity is still low enough and it's breezy enough that a pop up storm won't form. But, if a playoff occurred, tomorrow, it may be rainy.

Couples with birdies on 1 and 2.

Come on Freddy and lets make some history!!! :cheers: