CA bluray/cd performance sucks

stoopid

What'd you say?

Your posts do brighten my day........ :yes: :codger:

Why thank you, Narpet! I'm glad I serve a useful purpose here. :LOL:

Entertaining me is job 1 :LOL:
  • Like 1

I've noticed that once again the drums are horribly mixed, what the f**k is it with this shit? The drums should be in the forefront of any mix.

I wonder if neil just says "Keep me in the back" or something.

The new DT suffers a similar drum-mix-epic-fail. I just don't get why things have to suck so bad, the technology is there to make awesome looking and sounding stuff (check out any of Steven Wilson's releases and you'll understand my justifiable gripe!!). SW's working with the same tools as everyone else and yet consistently puts out near flawless recordings and videos (exception is the last porcupine tree live DVD, which he admitted wasn't ideal due to problems with the intended bluray HD footage). SW juggles new music, tours, prog classic remasters (with surround mixes), etc. He handles all this while keeping the bar set high. Industry insider clowns can't seem to get anything right. Something is seriously out of alignment in the 'biz.

Edited by stoopid

If there's going to be feedback threads with all sorts of conditions placed on its participants, then there needs to be a free-for-all thread too. It's called balance.

What conditions? Don't be stupid, stoopid.

Conditions:

So, you don't really like the CA Tour CD that much? This isn't the thread for you. The CD is awesome. The boys play very well. The mix is an improvement. Geddy sings so much better on this than on TM Tour I'm looking for boots of the last tour to replace that CD. The strings add a new dimension which makes each song with them destined not to be forgotten live songs you bought just because you love the band.

But despite all the awesomeness that is the CA Tour CD, Rush fans have been known to nitpick. This thread is for those types of fans.

So, with all the awesomeness in mind, what do you think could have been improved/changed or what didn't sound right to you?

Clarified by the OP later and further discussed as being exactly that, conditions.

I aint stupid, stupid.

It's weak when people's opinions are so fragile and tied to their self worth they try to shelter themselves from any opposing viewpoints.

Edited by stoopid

Conditions:

So, you don't really like the CA Tour CD that much? This isn't the thread for you. The CD is awesome. The boys play very well. The mix is an improvement. Geddy sings so much better on this than on TM Tour I'm looking for boots of the last tour to replace that CD. The strings add a new dimension which makes each song with them destined not to be forgotten live songs you bought just because you love the band.

But despite all the awesomeness that is the CA Tour CD, Rush fans have been known to nitpick. This thread is for those types of fans.

So, with all the awesomeness in mind, what do you think could have been improved/changed or what didn't sound right to you?

Clarified by the OP later and further discussed as being exactly that, conditions.

I aint stupid, stupid.

It's weak when people's opinions are so fragile and tied to their self worth they try to shelter themselves from any opposing viewpoints.

So you condem the entire thing because the drums weren't mixed properly?

I've read several folks complaining about the drums in several CA Tour cd/dvd/bluray threads and no one gave them shit. I understand that LedRush is mean and set unreasonable conditions on his thread, but it's nonsensical to condem the entire product because the drums sound weak. Alex sounds amazing, yes? There is much to like about this release. Step across the painted line and state your opinion. This thread is about balance? Don't be..eh, you know. ;)

• Like 1

I also stated the performances were mediocre. Since our opinions are being forced into numerous threads, you'll have to piece together those opinions. Edited by stoopid

I also stated the performances were mediocre. Since our opinions are being forced into numerous threads, you'll have to piece together those opinions.

I've been meaning to tell the Admin about the oppressive culture on TRF. This clinches it. Sending PM. Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help! We're being repressed!

• Like 1

I also stated the performances were mediocre. Since our opinions are being forced into numerous threads, you'll have to piece together those opinions.

I've been meaning to tell the Admin about the oppressive culture on TRF. This clinches it. Sending PM. Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help! We're being repressed!

There's some lovely filth over here, Dennis.

• Like 1

This is something that can be self policed. You could set an example right now. ;)

[bloody peasant]

What a giveaway! That's what I'm talking about. Does everyone see him repressing me?

I can't tell if you're being serious or joking. Using words like repression in relation to an internet forum is throwing me off.

This is something that can be self policed. You could set an example right now. ;)

[bloody peasant]

What a giveaway! That's what I'm talking about. Does everyone see him repressing me?

Come see the violence inherent in the system! Come see the violence inherent in the system!

• Like 1