Which system are you going to (did you already) buy, and why?

LedRush

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite current console maker?

• Nintendo
    • Microsoft
    • Sony
  2. 2. What console of this generation will you (do you) own?

• Wii U
    • XBox One
    • PS4

In response to LED Rush, with Crash Bandicoot, obviously by today's standards the games don't look fantastic, but way back when the mix of colors and details in the level's design was really something to look at. I think in particular of Crash Bandicoot 2 with the numerous details on the jungle ruins, the running water in the river levels, etc. I suppose games like Mario Galaxy also fall under this definition of cartoony yet beautiful, but Crash was the real tone setter for me that I always recall. Miyamoto himself was fascinated with how they got the water to look so realistic when trying the first game at E3 1996, when he was promoting his own competing game. Anyway with the Zelda HD game, it's still to me another Zelda game with a new art style over it. I just can't really get into the series. Anyway, once Mario Kart 8 comes out, that is going to be something that really sets my cartoony-beautiful charts flying.
  • Like 2

Weird, Quotes are not working for me at the moment (and just a day after the enter button started working again (typical)). In response to LedRush, it might be something that will get me a lot of flack, but I have never been a fan of the Zelda Series. Maybe it's the theme, maybe it's the more realistic feel (I like my games cartoony, beautiful, but cartoony (think Crash Bandicoot)), or maybe it's just that I prefer games that move pretty quick (and man did Ocarina Of Time feel slow in terms of Link's Movement). So no I don't think that set is on my shopping list. I also think I will wait until April when university ends and the releases of Wii U games calm down so that I would have more time to focus on it.

Zelda for me is very hit or miss. I love the NES titles (especially the 1st one), Link to the Past on the SNES, then you have to go waaaaay into the future for the only other one I really like the Windwaker. And of all the games they have I much prefer the graphical style of Windwaker. That game looks incredible, cartoon-be-damned.

The only games I ever really played much on the Wii proper were Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune if you can believe that. I have a lot of stuff I bought on the Virtual Console but that doesn't really count since they were all NES, SNES, or Genesis titles at one point anyhow.

P.S: Mario Sunshine was terrible. Almost all area variety went out the window on that one IMO. I haven't really enjoyed a Mario game in 3D yet, and the best one is Super Mario World for the SNES I'd say.

In response to LED Rush, with Crash Bandicoot, obviously by today's standards the games don't look fantastic, but way back when the mix of colors and details in the level's design was really something to look at. I think in particular of Crash Bandicoot 2 with the numerous details on the jungle ruins, the running water in the river levels, etc. I suppose games like Mario Galaxy also fall under this definition of cartoony yet beautiful, but Crash was the real tone setter for me that I always recall. Miyamoto himself was fascinated with how they got the water to look so realistic when trying the first game at E3 1996, when he was promoting his own competing game. Anyway with the Zelda HD game, it's still to me another Zelda game with a new art style over it. I just can't really get into the series. Anyway, once Mario Kart 8 comes out, that is going to be something that really sets my cartoony-beautiful charts flying.

It's edgier than something like Crash, but the art style for Borderlands 2 is what sold me to that great game and now I can't stop playing it. It doesn't matter if something looks cartoony if it's done right, and of course if the game is good.

Del Duio, I agree, the best 2-D Mario platformer, was Super Mario world, but I can name 3 Mario games that beat it (in my opinion), Super Mario Galaxy Two, the best 3-D Mario Platformer (lack of story aside), Mario Strikers Charged (the pinnacle of the Mario Sport games, having fantastic controls, range of difficulty, and a risky dark and edgy theme), and Mario RPG (perfect cartoony RPG, funny, does not require much grinding, a good story, and lots of great mini-games

PS4. I love Sony's exclusive titles (Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone, Journey, Ratchet and Clank, etc). So it's a pretty easy choice for me. Although, I would still like to get a Wii-U at some point because...well, obviously, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, etc, etc.

PS4. I love Sony's exclusive titles (Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone, Journey, Ratchet and Clank, etc). So it's a pretty easy choice for me. Although, I would still like to get a Wii-U at some point because...well, obviously, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, etc, etc.

I bought the XBox 360 for the kid's and the Wii U when it came out. My kid's still gravitate towards the 360 overall. My main complaint with WII U is weak wifi.

I bought the XBox 360 for the kid's and the Wii U when it came out. My kid's still gravitate towards the 360 overall. My main complaint with WII U is weak wifi.

What kids friendly games do you get on the 360? My brother wants to get a console that'll play minecraft and he has kids of 7, 9, and 12. But only the 360 plays the game, but I couldn't think of many console exclusives (or any games really) that are kid-friendly. And the Wii-U plays the Wii games and accessories, which dramatically decreases the costs, and my brother is extremely cost conscious.