TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

I am of the opinion that this thread should NOT be closed, in case you guys think I'm leaning that way. Regardless of what I think of the content and whether Goobs likes it or not, there's nothing "illegal" going on in here that I've seen that requires admin intervention (however, if there's more overly personal content in here that I have yet to see, that could change things).

The personal post in the other thread in the Rush section, plus the fact that it was turning into a duplicate of this thread, made that thread a candidate for closure. I think Goobs, if he's indeed bothered by this thread, can simply ignore it upon his return. I, and LIX today, merely made our feelings known about what we thought about this thread and how it might be affecting another member of this board, and we wanted to see what YOU guys thought about that.

• Like 1

I am of the opinion that this thread should NOT be closed, in case you guys think I'm leaning that way. Regardless of what I think of the content and whether Goobs likes it or not, there's nothing "illegal" going on in here that I've seen that requires admin intervention (however, if there's more overly personal content in here that I have yet to see, that could change things).

The personal post in the other thread in the Rush section, plus the fact that it was turning into a duplicate of this thread, made that thread a candidate for closure. I think Goobs, if he's indeed bothered by this thread, can simply ignore it upon his return. I, and LIX today, merely made our feelings known about what we thought about this thread and how it might be affecting another member of this board, and we wanted to see what YOU guys thought about that.

Just to add, in fairness to what substancewithoutstyle said up there, I probably should read this whole thread. That's a daunting task, though. :LOL:

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

Just to add, in fairness to what substancewithoutstyle said up there, I probably should read this whole thread. That's a daunting task, though. :LOL:

Read it in the evening —after you've had a few glasses of Scotch. :LOL:

Honestly, I don't know what LIX is talking about when he says that we're revealing personal info.......(content deleted)

Is this verboten? Will this post be deleted because I mentioned it? :huh: :o

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
personal info about another TRF member deleted
  • Like 1

In all your fun patting each other on the back over your fan fiction, did you ever once stop to consider how it made Goobs feel?

And again, LIX, is there's one thing I hate is this supposed "guilty complex" strategy.

People "fun pat each other on the back" ALL THE TIME here. Be it about Rush, or Kiss, or Van Halen or Atheism. The ones who don't agree with that, the wise ones, just sit back.

How come everyone is representing Goobs like a poor, shy, abused, sensitive guy now? He's got an ego the size of Jupiter, for Jesus sake!!!

:LOL:

So, because he posts like he has an ego... you're allowed to post personal items about him that he did not share publicly? On a public forum? Nobody said poor, abused, shy - any of those things. If someone acted like a stalker on a public forum, I would stay the hell away too.

I couldn't tell you what ILSnwdog posted last month about a subject - and he's my closest friend on this site. We have hung out, we have met each other's families... but some of the things you post about Goobs crosses the line. Nothing I can say will make you see that if you refuse to step back and look at this objectively.

Excuse me, but you're jumping from argument to argument like a squirrell.

I DID NOT post anything personal about Goobs simply because... I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING PERSONAL about the guy!!!!

And the same goes for Lorraine and Substance.

If you're referring to the personal information that was justly erased from the other thread, it was dropped here casually, many weeks ago, by a non-regular reader, I cannot remember whom for the life of me. Might be even be you. And then it became public knowledge, but NO REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR HERE leaked the info!

So, in the name of objectivity, whom you hold so dear, maybe you should make your point more... how should I put it, precise?

It's too easy to go all "I meant this, no wait I meant that".

If the pietra dello scandalo is Goob's personal information leaked, I condemn it solemnly and firmly. But then again, I dare you to go back all these pages and find Goob's personal info in any of the post made by me, Lorraine, Substance and Tombstone.

I dare you. I mean it.

• Like 2

Read it in the evening —after you've had a few glasses of Scotch. :LOL:

Honestly, I don't know what LIX is talking about when he says that we're revealing personal info.......(content deleted)

Is this verboten? Will this post be deleted because I mentioned it? :huh: :o

Part of it will be deleted, yes. Notice in my post that closed the other thread that I avoided stating what the personal post was about, who it was about, or even who posted it. That was by design. In light of that, you re-posting that specific personal info was not a great idea. This is not Facebook -- just because someone posts something on there doesn't mean they wanted posted on here. That's THEIR choice, not ours. If someone doesn't want certain info disclosed on TRF, that wish should be respected.

• Like 4

In all your fun patting each other on the back over your fan fiction, did you ever once stop to consider how it made Goobs feel?

And again, LIX, is there's one thing I hate is this supposed "guilty complex" strategy.

People "fun pat each other on the back" ALL THE TIME here. Be it about Rush, or Kiss, or Van Halen or Atheism. The ones who don't agree with that, the wise ones, just sit back.

How come everyone is representing Goobs like a poor, shy, abused, sensitive guy now? He's got an ego the size of Jupiter, for Jesus sake!!!

So, because he posts like he has an ego... you're allowed to post personal items about him that he did not share publicly? On a public forum? Nobody said poor, abused, shy - any of those things. If someone acted like a stalker on a public forum, I would stay the hell away too.

I couldn't tell you what ILSnwdog posted last month about a subject - and he's my closest friend on this site. We have hung out, we have met each other's families... but some of the things you post about Goobs crosses the line. Nothing I can say will make you see that if you refuse to step back and look at this objectively.

I DID NOT post anything personal about Goobs simply because... I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING PERSONAL about the guy!!!!

If you're referring to the personal information that was justly erased from the other thread, it was dropped here casually, many weeks ago, by a non-regular reader, I cannot remember whom for the life of me. Might be even be you. And then it became public knowledge, but NO REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR HERE leaked the info!

So, in the name of objectivity, whom you hold so dear, maybe you should make your point more... how should I put it, precise?

If the pietra dello scandalo is Goob's personal information leaked, I condemn it solemnly and firmly. But then again, I dare you to go back all these pages and find Goob's personal info in any of the post made by me, Lorraine, Substance and Tombstone.

I dare you. I mean it.

I am of the understanding that the info that was posted in the closed thread in Rush is not contained in this thread. At least, that was the case until substance re-posted it a few minutes ago.

(Not speaking for LIX, just giving my position on that subject.)

• Like 2

I dare you. I mean it.

I am of the understanding that the info that was posted in the closed thread in Rush is not contained in this thread. At least, that was the case until substance re-posted it a few minutes ago.

I confirm: it HAS been posted here, but as I said, as a drop-by wisecrack comment by someone who is not a regular poster. I didn't even pay attention to it. Go back some pages (many pages) and you should be able to find it.

• Like 2

There. Found it. It's in your PMs, 73.

And the next time someone wants to call me a stalker, he'd better have more substantial evidence, or he's talking out of his Caress of Steel knickers.

Edited by H. P. L.
  • Like 2

And the next time someone wants to call me a stalker, he'd better have more substantial evidence, or he's talking out of his Caress of Steel knickers.

Found it, and I edited the posts. Thanks for the heads up!

I love Italian transparency. Diplomacy is their trademark.

I dare you. I mean it.

I confirm: it HAS been posted here, but as I said, as a drop-by wisecrack comment by someone who is not a regular poster. I didn't even pay attention to it. Go back some pages (many pages) and you should be able to find it.

I knew I wasn't tripping...nice sluething Rocko!

I dare you. I mean it.

Cue Al Pacino

Thanks 73. I, along with the other Grinder Dudes (and Dudettes, for they are legion) appreciate and respect the opinions expressed.

Goobs is a big boy, and it's not like he invented the internet. He can ignore this thread upon his return or simply join us in the delight of laughing at ourselves. Its good for you. God knows there's a lot there to laugh about.

My message to Goober. We know you read this (deep inside you love it—that's the 800 lb gorilla in the room) know its coming from the heart of truth. You've got so much positive energy its hard to ignore. Conversely, It's hard to believe, with your content you can't take this. Think about it. You've posted for years intentionally trying to evoke reaction from TRFr's by your thoughts and POV's. Its what makes you who you are (not a bad thing). You're on a Rush forum, saying controversial stuff knowing what it might do—you're not stupid.

Own it dude. Love it. Embrace it. Have fun with it

This thread is an organic reaction to your online persona. Isn't cool you got something like this? Few have...in fact—none have!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

You guys do what you want... I gave an alternative explanation. So sorry it so quickly hurt your sensibilities.

Kinda speaks volumes now, doesn't it?

Oooooohhh, Jedi mind trick, yes?

I'll tell you this: it didn't hurt my sensibility as much as offend my intellect.

Kinda speaks volumes now, doesn't it?

Fellini is smiling up above

Hey, we ruled the world, once.

• Like 1

We did too...who do you blame? Nero or Berlusconi?

Well, Nero was actually a cool one if you get past the fact that he went bat-shit crazy... The other one you mentioned, I won't even type his name. But it all went to hell around the time of Costantino, I think.

• Like 2

Well, Nero was actually a cool one if you get past the fact that he went bat-shit crazy... The other one you mentioned, I won't even type his name. But it all went to hell around the time of Costantino, I think.

Neat. We blame Elvis, the Beatles, and Jane Fonda.

Neat. We blame Elvis, the Beatles, and Jane Fonda.

Poor Jane! She was so sexy...

Thanks 73. I, along with the other Grinder Dudes (and Dudettes, for they are legion) appreciate and respect the opinions expressed.

Goobs is a big boy, and it's not like he invented the internet. He can ignore this thread upon his return or simply join us in the delight of laughing at ourselves. Its good for you. God knows there's a lot there to laugh about.

My message to Goober. We know you read this (deep inside you love it—that's the 800 lb gorilla in the room) know its coming from the heart of truth. You've got so much positive energy its hard to ignore. Conversely, It's hard to believe, with your content you can't take this. Think about it. You've posted for years intentionally trying to evoke reaction from TRFr's by your thoughts and POV's. Its what makes you who you are (not a bad thing). You're on a Rush forum, saying controversial stuff knowing what it might do—you're not stupid.

Own it dude. Love it. Embrace it. Have fun with it

This thread is an organic reaction to your online persona. Isn't cool you got something like this? Few have...in fact—none have!

I would agree completely if this thread were, say, only five pages long after all these months, and the subject of this thread was someone that I know you liked. I don't see that as being the case.

This all seems a little...obsessive, and if I were the thread subject, no matter what my online persona may be, I'd feel uncomfortable with a thread of this magnitude started by someone who wasn't exactly my biggest fan. Wouldn't matter if it was just a collection of creative fiction writing.

• Like 2

I'd like to say that I would never knowingly hurt or p***Goobs off as I think he's a great member. I just wish he'd come back as I miss him... :hug2:

Same here. The thought of doing either one never crossed my mind as I would not knowingly do either one to anyone here. Or anyplace else for that matter.

• Like 2